Brasil Suites Hotel Apartments
Hotel Kreoli(Glyfada)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsquiet streetliving roomplace to staysmall kitchenperfect in every waycentral athenssmall hotelthe location is perfectexcellent hotelhome away from homewalking distancebars and restaurantsthe ground floorvisit athensshopping areapool area isbuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2011

This hotel is awesome. It is located about a 2 minute walk from the tram to Athens, shopping and restaurants. We had a one bedroom villa located on the second floor ( one flight of stairs up). The living room was big enough to accommodate our 3 children. They have an awesome outdoor pool which the kids loved after a hot day touring. Breakfast was included in our rate and was fantastic.

Below is my 10 year old's review:

This hotel is great. It had a great breakfast with lots of choices. I loved the sausage in croissants. One morning I ate all of them!! While my Mom was shopping we ordered room service. The pizza was big and delicious. Pool was awesome. I want to stay here next summer when we go to Athens again.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank tkdmomCalgary
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Our family of six stayed for two nights in two suites in this lovely bijou hotel. Suites were a great size, modern and well designed with a small kitchen area and good sized lounge, bedroom and bathroom. Immaculately clean and very well thought out with very good air-conditioning, nice balconies and flat screen TVs. The pool was lovely and we often had it to ourselves. The staff were very nice, discreet and helpful. Food was delicious- freshly cooked which took 15 minutes or so so order before you are starving. Breakfast was excellent with nice choices. The whole hotel was clean, modern and comfortable. All in all we could not fault it. If you want to be in Glyfada, don't hesitate.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 9 August 2011

When I booked the floor apartment of the Brasil hotel, I wanted a nice vacation for me, my wife and my 6 months old baby. I stayed in the Hotel for 3 days and I must say that I am very happy with the experience. The room was huge, full with all the accomodations, even the bath had jacusi (sorry for the spelling) service. A huge refrigirator, kitchen fully equipped for cooking, bed inviting and decoration like any top of the line suite should have. The terrace was as described, huge and perfect to have your breakfast and your night drink (meal during midday is impossible during Greek summer due to the heat.)
The room was sparkling clean when we got to the room and continued to be cleaned daily. Fresh sheets, towels and shampoos everyday

The swimming pool was excellent for our case because it has a shallow side, where my son took his first swim and a deep side for the adaults to enjoy. Free water was being served and you could order from the bar anything you desired.

While we planned on cooking, we actually never did. The hotel providing a respectable menu (I recomend the Brasilian Menu, just for trying something different), which we tasted during our 3 days visit.

The breakfast that was in the deal, was better and richer than the continental breakfast from the French Ritz! It was the richest breakfast that I have ever eaten in a hotel.

Downsides:
1) The hotel is giving you the impression that is understaffed. The person that serves you breakfast, meal, cleans the room, brings you the room service is the same person.
2) The ice coffees (Frape and Fredo) where nowhere near the rest of the high quality of the rest of the menu of the hotel. I ended up drinking coke by the pool.
3) Room service was not always answering the phone, sometimes they would call us back after half an hour, once they never returned by call.
4) The staff was not always ready to provide for things that they considered "extra", even when I paid them! For example I wanted to have the breakfast in my room, the hotel charged me 8 euros daily, which I happily paid, but the service woman seemed amazed when I asked her politely to set up the breakfast in the terrace.
5) The bar menu wasn't always available! Half of the cocktails mentioned in the menu could not be made "due to lack of ingredients" as I was informed. I had to re-order three times to find a cocktail that could be made.

All in all it was a great experience and I would definetely suggest to a baby parent vacations in Brasil.

Room Tip: The floor apartment on the top floor has the best view and accomodations.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Well what can I say... I've stayed in this hotel many times and I always return. I've travelled extensively and stayed in some great hotels, and the truly memorable ones excel in three areas: (1) Location and amenities (2) Cleanliness (3) Quality of service.

Brasil is (in my opinion) in the best part of Athens, Glyfada. An easy reach to central Athens or, more importantly, the beaches in Vouliagmeni & Varkiza. Close enough to central Glyfada (5 minute walk) but not close enough to be noisy. The rooms are fantastic, definitely large enough to cater for anyone's needs, appointed in a minimalist but super luxurious style. Having stayed in all the rooms (literally!), I found none of them lacking anything. The swimming pool is an oasis and the food is excellent.

But most importantly, what really sets this place apart is the service. I agree with pretty much every reviewer here. Corinna, Paulo and the rest of the staff are simply amazing. The other day I was simply passing through Athens (staying at a friend's place and not Brasil on that occasion), and I just had to go over to see them and say hello! They truly make you feel like family.

Ultimately, all I can say is congratulations! You have created a unique hotel, which is just a pleasure to stay in every single time. Well done, keep it up!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteliosC
Reviewed 13 July 2011

The perfect small but perfectly formed hotel for the select few. Perfect if you are tired of corporate uniformity, Brasil Suites is an oh so discreet and understated oasis, far far away from the conventional multi national business hotel, that just quietly delivers an exceptional level of service & comfort. If you know London, then think along the lines of the Portobello Hotel does Athens
The Athens tram is 3 minutes from the door, so Central Athens is about 35 minutes away.
If you are going to Athens this is the only place to stay

Room Tip: You don't need tips on how to get the best at Brasil Suites, just ask they will provide.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple