“Lovely Beer Garden in Glyfada”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of BAYERN BIERHAUS

BAYERN BIERHAUS
Ranked #71 of 242 Restaurants in Glyfada
Price range: US$0 - US$43
Cuisines: German, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Athens, Greece
“Lovely Beer Garden in Glyfada”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

although I would not recommend for indoors eating, the food is very nice food and you can choose from a great variety of beers.
Only negative is that the spetzel should not be served precooked and microwave reheated.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank irz

• Greek first
Athens, Greece
“One of the best beer houses in Athens”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I first visited this beer house back in 2004. It has since become my favorite place to have a beer and try German dishes. It has its flaws (namely, it's NOT cheap), but the outdoor seating is awesome (in a garden filled with trees, flowers, a small fountain and a outdoor bar) and the sweets are heavenly.

When the waiter asks you if you would like to have the bread selection with the assorted sauces, please say "yes". The dips are SOOOO tasty. Other than that, the last dish I had and enjoyed was the "sashlic", pieces of pork in a tomato and wine sauce.

The salads can be either great or meh, but the appetisers are usually quite tasty.

The place offers a big selection of beer (German, Belgian, English, American, French, Asian...) and the staff will glandly help you choose.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank HristinaB
Athens
“Good beerhouse, better in the summer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

It maybe hard to find it, especially for tourists, but if you like schnitzels, saucages and beer, it's one of the best places in Athens. The portions are rather small and rather expensive, but the quality is good. The main attraction is the charming summer garden in front of the restaurant, especially if you want to get away from the noisy centre of Glyfada at a hot summer day.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank arinez02
Glyfada, Greece
“The food was good, the honesty was something else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

I shall not detract from the quality of the food, or the ambiance. It was satisfactory. However, the entire experience turned sour when I asked for the bill. As is the custom in Greek restaurants, as you order items one or more separate slips reflecting the costs of the items are brought with your food. The small slips of paper are left on the table and accumulate as the dining progresses. At the end of our dinner I added the three slips on our table totally 127.50 Euros. I presented my credit card to the server and confirmed the total. However, the server advised me that the total was 197.40 and that a slip had not been brought to the table. Before she brought me the additional slip, and before I had a chance to add the extra amounts and compare them to the menu the server ran the total of 197.00 Euros on my card. When I brought discrepencies to the server's attention she told me that the prices had been increased and presented me with another menu that had not been given to us when we ordered. The more accurate total as reflected in the menus given us when we ordered was, as nearly as I can determine, 179.00 Euros. Beware of this establishment.

3 Thank thewills34
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love the food, the atmospher, the service and the great variety of "monastiriakes" beers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2008