“Great location by beach but near to airport”
Review of Minavra Hotel

Minavra Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Voula
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed one night in a family room which was clean and modern. The receptionist was helpful. It was great value for money, yes there is a large road between you and the beach however this was not an issue, crossing is safe and the hotel has shutters, double glazing and thick curtains so you don't hear any noise at night. It's so close the the great beach bars of Athens and to the bus to the airport which is less than half an hour. Would definitely stay again, all the family had a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kchivs

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very friendly staff. We presume it is a family business and therefore you can sense their care and love for the place.
Location is perfect, right opposite to the beach in a very nice suburb of Athens. It is approx. 4 min by tram to Glyfada, another great suburb of Athens where you find excellent restaurants and bars. It is a bit far away from the city center (1 hour by tram or 20 min by car) but we think it worth the long ride.
Bus X96 from and to airport leave you right opposite to the hotel.
You can also take a bus (and I believe the tram) to Piraeus Port.
The hotel is nicely decorated and rooms have their own balconies (perfect for drinks at sunset :-) ).
Since the hotel is located in a main road, noise can be a big problem (not so much if you close the balcony)
They should pay more attention to cleanliness. We were in two different rooms (due to the structure of our trip around Greece) and we went from one extreme to the other. I must admit they were always very apologetic and diligent in addressing our complaints.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I used Booking.com and the process was easy and quick... The wifi was outstanding... The outside of the hotel and downstairs were neat and aesthetically pleasing... The staff was professional and offered complementary bottled water... However, upon arrival they stated that our room with a view had to be changed because of issues they were having...

Being 3 young ladies in Athens we choose Voula because it's safer than being downtown..The first thing we noticed when we got upstairs was the door to our room... . It was so flimsy and had a lock equivalent to that of a restroom... When I read other reviews it said the rooms were loud in that you could hear the outside traffic, we could hear the people in the next room using the restroom in great detail... I requested either three twin beds or two full sized beds and they provided two twin beds and a cot that was sunken in the middle... I went to move the small fridge to make more room for our suitcases and there was so much dust it looked like the room had not been cleaned in ages... In addition, I placed some black leggings on a bed side table and I couldn't wear them the next day because of all the dust that was on the table... I also found a long black hair in the white bed sheets along with several smaller hairs... The restroom smelled like sewage, the hose in the shower had what looked like mold all over it, and there was a cigarette butt in the toilet... When I asked for another room they apologized and stated there was nothing they could do... I was there with two of my friends and we decided to leave Athens and return to the island we had previously been staying on (Aegina at hotel Danae)... We left our large suitcases and took backpacks with a few changes of clothes... Great for storing your luggage but that's about it...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Andrea G
Reviewed 1 January 2014

People leaving 5 star reviews were completely out of touch with reality. The hotel is quaint, the people are friendly, but this is as far as it goes. The hotel is situated next to a major roadway and the noise of the traffic kept us awake all night long. The heat in the room barely worked - the entire night was frigid. Needless to say, I expect to sleep when I rent a hotel room. Sleeping I did not! The breakfast was extremely simple and not worth the price paid. Do not stay here, buyer beware!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank psience_guy
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel is just between the Voula A beach and Asteras beach, and also close to the end stop of the tram, so the location is perfect for beach life. The means about 15 minutes walking to the centre of Glyfada, but there are frequent buses along the highway plus the tram so this is not a big problem. Outside the hotel is the very busy and quite noise coastal highway, and for those sensitive to noise this might not be quite perfect, however this is a problem for many of the hotels in Voula/Glyfada, the majority of them are along the highway. The size of rooms and bathroom quite decent for a hotel in this category, and at time of my travel also one of the two cheapest hotels in the Voula/Glyfada area. I have stayed in several of the other hotels in this area, but I'm certain I'll be back in this one next time as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank NeverendingVagabond
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The hotel was clean. The wifi had a perfect signal. The staff was friendly and very polite. The beach and walking paths were just across the road. Value for money. A hotel which we shall actually send our friends too and return ourselves.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank newusage
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I absolutely fell in love with this hotel. Excellent bright room, clean bathroom and rooms, lots of natural light, huge closet, table for makeup, another 2 bed tables, refrigerator, big balcony to take lunch or smoke and watch the surroundings, also with dryer for swimming suits& towels.The sound coming from the busy street-you can easily close the window and turn the AC,i slept like a baby.The staff is like family, period, so warm.
Beaches- more than 10 around (from Faliro to Vouliagmeni or further), by tram and bus. Food: restaurants, souvlaki, pizza 100 meters walk (or you can order from the reception, no minimum order required: eg a souvlaki is 2 euros) and you can eat your meal on the big hotel terrace. Transport: tram, bus, at 1 min walking distance, taking you to the beaches or to the center.Nightlife- all the bars on the seaside and Glyfada (3-4 tram stations or 20 min walk), that never sleeps.
I absolutely loved the hotel, didn't want to leave actually, this hotel is amazing in terms of value per money and location, in such expensive area like Voula!! Even Greeks dream of living there, lol!

Room Tip: Try getting a room with plenty natural light, even if it faces the main road..closing the window wil...