We booked two rooms to stay in the Margi this April. We were looking to stay by the coast, and after reading the rave reviews on Tripadvisor, booked early in advance to ensure that would be availability.
The hotel has a wonderful location, and our rooms had a view of the sea. It was easy to find from the airport (we rented a car - something I'd recommend doing in the area). There are many cafes and restaurants dotted around Vouliagmeni - regarded as a fancy area - which makes the choice of food wonderful. We however often went to Glyfada for evening meals which has equally, if not more, delicious food at much more reasonable prices. It is moments away from the beach.
Unfortunately - despite being very tastefully decorated - this hotel needs a facelift. I am surprised that it was awarded a 5 star rating. I have stayed at boutique hotels before and this does not compare. The outside seemed a bit sombre and the rooms are slightly out-dated. The morning breakfast is decent. The rooms are clean, if not small. Personally, I would say that the pictures published on the website do not accurately portray what the Margi is actually like.
The front desk staff were helpful and we found them to be very nice, the same could not be said for the restaurant staff.
In summary - you will have a decent stay here at the Margi, just don't be expecting 5 star quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel and SLH member in the most exclusive area of the Athenian Riviera, Vouliagmeni, The Margi hotel is a heaven away from home. In an ideal location just a few steps from the Riviera’s most elegant sandy beaches and close enough to Athens Historical sites. With its superb cuisine and organic food from its farm, friendly and attentive staff and exquisite design, this hotel offers a truly memorable experience and comfortable ambiance for all travelers all year round. Over the years, owner Maria Stavridis’ and her son and Architect Giagkos Agiostratitis personal touch and care is evident in the warm and chic atmosphere she has created in the hotel by combining artwork from all corners of the world with soft traces such as candlelit tables and plush furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Bookgreece.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Margi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Margi Hotel Vouliagmeni
- Margi Hotel Athens
- The Margi Greece/Vouliagmeni