“5 Stars”
Review of The Margi

The Margi
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Vouliagmeni
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I just stayed at the Margi for 4 nights. It was terrific. The pool area and the bar were picture perfect. The morning breakfast buffet was as good as it gets, omelets, crepes, fresh fruit, yogurt, and great service. The rooms were large and the bed was very comfortable. It is a great place to relax. We did go to Athens one day. We took a taxi (22 euro and about 25 minutes) going in. On the return we took the metro (1.6 Euro) to a taxi (8 euro) back. If I had to do it over, I would take the taxi to the metro going both ways because of the traffic and the metro drops you off at the Acropolis. The metro is clean and modern. As for the Margi, I would go back tomorrow.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CTCurt

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The margi is a great option to see Athens, but not have all the hustle and bustle of the city centre. It is in a quiet suburb with nice beaches and very good restaurants. The hotel itself is pleasant, nice reception staff. The pool area is nice, if a bit small.
Perhaps not five star, but for a the price a very nice option.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tasos1974
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have booked a room and they send me a confirmation. When we went there to check in they told us that due to technincal reasons they have no room. They havent informed me before so i can check for alternatives....Imagine my face when i realize that there is no room. When asked why i wasnt at least been informed in advance they told me that this only happened 2 hours and 30 minutes before and the reservation departmnet was closed at 15:30. I went out of the hotel, called the reservation department and they replied normally and i asked to book a room for another day and they did it(i was just checking their lies). 21 days after and after 6 years of continues cooperation with them and they havent called me even to say they are sorry. Unacceptable...for me they are over! I suspect that they gave my room to another person who paid the normal price which is 35% increased compared to my usual cheaper price i have after so many years.....SHAME, SHAME, SHAME...you should be out of business and you will with this arrogant behaviour. Also due to some typical errors i ve made when i was writing my review they manage 2 times until now to get it down from the trip advisor. It looks that they prefer to silence me instead of picking up the phone and say they are sorry for their behaviour. Look out people what hotel you will trust from now on. If dear Hotel owner you believe that i am wrong please answer my review instead of ban it for typical issues. Remember i have all the proofs, email and even recorded phone calls in my mobile phone to prove all i write here!!!! SHAME AGAIN!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
10  Thank Tasos B
tconde, General Manager at The Margi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear partner,

First of all, we would like once more to express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your guest.

To be fair though, both our Reservations Manager and our Sales Director have actually communicated with you, in order to explain the situation and compensate for this unforeseen technical incident.

During these 6 years of excellent cooperation with your company, we have always tried to offer the best for you and your guests.

We value you as one of our good partners and we look forward to continuing our cooperation in the future.

Theo Agiostratitis

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at the Margi early May 2014. It has a nice location in the most southern and upscale suburb of Athens, in Vouliagmeni. Take a room on the 4th or 5th floor with a nice sea view, garden view is not attractive. There are some beaches, shops and restaurants in walking distance but it is of course far away from downtown Athens. The rooms have a balcony but are kind of small, if you have two beds do not expect them to be big. TV set was small but had a lot of international stations. In-room safe was ok. The shower was Greek style, i.e. in the bathtub. The shower partition covers only 1/3 that means the floor gets very wet. The shower head points to the towel rack, you must remove the towels before taking a shower. No logic here.
Very friendly staff. Good breakfast but if you sit outside you must fend off some very annoying hungry birds.
All in all a small but nice hotel. Improvements are possible.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Gotta love the Margi!!!!
Nice bar and pool.. excellent service, great food and friendly staff.
the hotel is quiet and its a great place to relax.
i recommend everyone to stay at this hotel and enjoy quiet stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I was here for a business meeting and had the opportunity to spend 3 nights in the hotel. The facilities are very nice, the swimming pool is surrounded by really comfortable double beds but the sun is hidden behind the building on the afternoon.
The rooms are very clean and I like the Italian shower and balcony with view on the olive trees.
Special thanks to the hotel staff who is extremely attentive to the client's needs and speaks perfect English.
The area is quite fancy, the marina nearby is full of huge yachts and classy restaurants. The sea was a bit cold but the beach is nice and only 5min walking distance from the hotel.
If you stay in Athens, I recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CLE2912
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We just returned from our European holiday around the mediterranean and concluded it by three days at the Margi Hotel. It was a wonderful experience with excellent accommodation, service, food and location. It is also close to all the tourist sites by taxi, which is inexpensive. The hotel is certainly a gem.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vouliagmeni
Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso
Grand Resort Lagonissi
Grand Resort Lagonissi
#1 of 1 in Lagonisi
Brasil Suites Hotel Apartments

Been to The Margi? Share your experiences!