“Thank you!”
Review of The Margi

The Margi
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Vouliagmeni
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at the Margi for a weekend for a bachelor party - rooms were great, friendly personal and great pool area, also the breakfast menu was delicious.
Most of all, the staff was very helpful:
When my phone slipped from my pocket in a Taxi back to the hotel and was lost as the Taxi had already left, Mr. Grigoris from the front desk made an enormous effort and called several companies for over 30 minutes to help recover my phone - Thank you!
Next time I visit Athens, I will certainly be staying at the Margi!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SMZ83
There are newer reviews for The Margi

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Beautifully decorated small pool area, makes you feel like you are in a private garden at an exclusive resort. TIP: Get there early if you want a lounge chair or one of their lovely beds as they go quick and there are few of them. In June/July, the sun goes behind the hotel and shadows the pool by about 4 or 5:00 pm.

Lunch menu at bar is very high priced. We paid $39 euros for a lunch that could be purchased in the US for about 1/4 the price. That being said, the dinner was delicious and a much better value!

Our hotel room was very nice, clean and comfortable. Wonderful rain shower head. Great pillows and bed.

For a fun treat, consider visiting nearby Lake Vouliagmeni. A very unique experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jim G
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel is located in a very convenient spot in vouliagmeniand and is ideal for night life seekers who want to combine a peaceful and elegant hotel with the crazy greek nightlife.Clean chic and tidy it offers many ammenities and a very nice pool.Special thanx to all the staff at the pool bar and the wonderful receptionist Ms.Tina Hager who was very helpful , kind and attentive to our needs.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Konstantinos K
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I'm a business woman, traveling solo, and began 10 days of leisure travel at the Margi. The good: lovely clean property; facilities are 5 star. Second, the ridiculous: arrived at the restaurant for a quiet relaxing dinner shortly past 10 p.m. Waited to get seated but was ignored; walked to the waitress who offered to seat me next to a baby carriage that belonged to a young couple at the next table. I requested to sit at another table; she refused -- the requested table, two smaller tables pushed together, could only be used by a larger party. The table remained vacant during my dinner. I selected another smaller table located in the center of the restaurant and noticed a solo male occupying a larger table alone. A waiter brought me a menu and I stated that I desired to order from the guest menu. His response suggested that I was asking for something out of the ordinary. Earlier in the day, the front desk, on two occasions, shared that the restaurant offered a special menu for guests and gave me a copy. The waiter should not have been surprised by my request. The waitress I encountered earlier and a younger waiter both passed my table three time without bearing food or other items for other tables; each time I either made eye contact or said politely "excuse me" without receiving any response from either of them. Without other restaurants in walking distance, I waited refusing to have my previously wonderful day ruined. I had not been served water! I check the time, 10:28 p.m., without any inquiry about my order and continued to wait. The next day while checking out I shared my experience with the front desk; I was only asked "Was the food good?"

The outrageous: when I made my reservation online, I requested the courtesy of a late departure. My ferry, an hour from the hotel, required a 6 p.m. check-in. The confirmation stated that a late departure would depend on availability. The hotel reminded me of the condition upon checking in. This was acceptable. At 7:30 a.m. the day of my departure, I called the front desk and requested assistance with a morning tour that had been suggested by the front desk the day before. Yes, the tour was possible if I left in 20 minutes and took a taxi to the tour company's office 30 minutes away. The front desk arranged for the tour company to drop me off at the hotel the beginning of the afternoon tour. Great hotel, I'm thinking. Mid-way the tour I realized the hotel had not communicated regarding the late departure. Dismissing the concern, I thought the hotel knows where I am and my anticipated return. If there's a problem, they'll call. On returning to the hotel, the bus driver went to the wrong hotel and called The Margi for directions. I arrived to find the front desk occupied checking in a family and headed to my room to shower and pack. My door was locked. I returned to the lobby to wait until the attendant was free. The gentleman who arranged my tour and drop off was still on duty. I asked why the door was locked, "Check out is noon it is now 3:40 p.m.," he replied. I reminded him that he knew where I was and when I was returning and asked again why the door was locked. I was asked to estimate the time I needed and was told I would be charged 80 euros. "Fine," I replied. Again he says, I'm going to charge your credit card. "Fine and then will you activate my key?" "Yes," he replied. As I checked out, I explained to the front desk that the charge was not the problem but rather the lock-out. The hotel knew where I was and when I would return. The clerk explained that on the day of a scheduled departure all doors are locked at noon and they forgot to program my key! This is outrageous. The staff lacks the training required for dealing with guests not only five star guest or, perhaps, The Margi only treats women traveling solo in this manner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
9  Thank running_w0man
Reviewed 28 June 2014

From the moment you step out of the car to the time you are shown your room, the staff make you feel like royalty. While this is a 5 Star property the staff make you feel warm and invited, no stuffiness here! We had the suite on the 5th floor with sweeping views of the harbor and balcony’s on 2 sides which make going to bed and waking up incredibly memorable. Traveling with our son who is 8, the staff pampered us all equally and the could not have been more accommodating. With no time to plan an agenda prior to our trip, the staff arraigned everything from transportation, tours and needed reservations. It wasn’t just that they planned everything for us rather they matched our personality to guides that made for an incredible experience. The staff planned to 10 hour days with a driver who became like family to us. Wireless internet connections were strong throughout the property. The pool side team was top notch and could not have been more welcoming. The restaurant will make you reconsider leaving the property for your meals. Breakfast was very accommodating to a varied of palates. If staying in Athens, you must stay here. The property is beautiful but the staff make it extraordinary.

Room Tip: Pay what it takes and ask for the suite on the 5th floor!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank backstorydotcom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have stayed in Athens many times as my sister went to live there over 35 years ago. This was our first stay at the Margi. Our first impression was of a sophisticated hotel that understood how to help guests to relax. We were planning to see family and were not looking for a beach holiday. We did want to relax as our holiday was planned to take place immediately before an operation I was due to have in the UK. Everyone we met at the hotel went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. The decor was very well put together and the public areas were very pleasant to use. I suffer from coeliac disease which means that if I eat any gluten I am very ill. I was very pleasantly surprised to see that the menu specified which dishes were safe for me to eat and there was gluten free cereal available at breakfast without my having to request it. This is unusual even in England. Our room was very quiet and comfortable and the balcony had furniture which was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the other side formt eh pool are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

What a great surprise to stay close to Athens, by the beach and only 20min away from the Acropolis. The area of Vouliagmeni is unknown to most tourists visiting Athens eventhough it is the best option! Walking distance from amazing restaurants, the beautiful Astir beach by your side and a lot of young people around! The margi is a charming hotel with a great breakfast- the only glitch is they have lots of trendy greek weddings happening there on weekends and people take over the pool area.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Clagmac
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vouliagmeni
Vouliagmeni Suites
Amarilia Hotel
#3 of 7 in Vouliagmeni
Syntagma
Hotel Grande Bretagne, A Luxury Collection Hotel

Been to The Margi? Share your experiences!