We have mixed feelings about The Margi. On the one hand, upon entrance, the place looks really nice and breaths a luxurious atmosphere. In general, the staff was really helpful and friendly. The pool lounge and bar area looks great. Still, we weren't wowed by The Margi as we had expected more from an SLH hotel. Upon arrival, our luggage was taken care of by a staff member at the entrance: very good. Our room wasn't ready yet so we had lunch. A staff member came by to notify our room was ready. When we entered the room, there turned out to be a baby bed and an extra bed in the room. Not good. We rang reception and at first it was somewhat chaotic whether we would get another room or that the extra beds would be removed. In the end, we got another room. When we waited for a staff member to pick us up at the elevator he wanted to collect the luggage. It was only then that we realised they hadn't yet taken care of our luggage to be brought to the room. When we arrived at the other room, it turned out it didn't have a balcony as the first room did and as advertised on the site. As we had enough of the moving around we left it at that. We were also under the impression that Executive Rooms had a bath tub (as advertised on the site: 'deep tubs') but our room did not. Another disappointment was that our room was next to a Suite and it had a connecting door. We could hear virtually everything and on one occasion the phone rang very loudly at about 5 o'clock in the morning and it sounded like it was in our room. The bath room was very small. On one occasion, the room had not been cleaned. It's fair to say we forgot to turn the 'do not disturb sign' on the door but then again, housekeeping could have checked or noticed. The beds were superb. It was a pity the room did not have coffee and tea making facilities. Another point we did not like, was the lack of parasols or shade in the pool area. With temperatures nearing 40 degrees we did not spend a single minute at the hotel pool but fortunately, there is a superb private beach club just a 5 minutes walk around the corner: Astir Beach Club. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice and omelets made on the spot. There were, however, a couple of flaws: on one occassion it took 30 minutes to get a simple boiled egg after asking about it several time. It turned out they forgot it but then it took waiting and asking again. A couple next to us almost got a full pot of hot coffee poured over them as the lit ejected from the can when the waiter wanted to serve them. The free wifi worked very well. So, in summary, we had booked for more luxury and had expected more. Now it comes: we're sure that the hotel will respond with 'why haven't you complained with us bla bla bla', however, we feel it's the hotel's responsibility first and foremost to provide their customers with what they have booked and not after customers complain. Another point that bothers us in this context: this was our first visit to Greece and we observed that everywhere, you need to pay a lot of attention to whether you get or pay what is right. In either taxis or restaurants we found out that on numerous occasions, there was an attempt to be charged incorrectly. This is something we didn't like about our holiday and without generalising, we wonder whether Greece will be on our list of destinations we want to go back to in the near future. So probably this has also influenced our experience at The Margi. Make up your own mind: this was our experience...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel and SLH member in the most exclusive area of the Athenian Riviera, Vouliagmeni, The Margi hotel is a heaven away from home. In an ideal location just a few steps from the Riviera’s most elegant sandy beaches and close enough to Athens Historical sites. With its superb cuisine and organic food from its farm, friendly and attentive staff and exquisite design, this hotel offers a truly memorable experience and comfortable ambiance for all travelers all year round. Over the years, owner Maria Stavridis’ and her son and Architect Giagkos Agiostratitis personal touch and care is evident in the warm and chic atmosphere she has created in the hotel by combining artwork from all corners of the world with soft traces such as candlelit tables and plush furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Margi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Margi Hotel Vouliagmeni
- Margi Hotel Athens
- The Margi Greece/Vouliagmeni