“WELL DONE!!!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Vouliagmeni
Athens, Greece
“WELL DONE!!!”
Reviewed 1 March 2011

My first time at The Margi was for business purpose in January while the company I work for organized the usual yearly meeting. I was so impressed with the tranquility, relaxation and the whole atmosphere of the hotel that immediately arranged my next stay not for business but to relax with my fiancée. It's incredible being a few km away from Athens and though an ideal place to escape and enjoy yourself. My respect to the hotel staff for its efficiency and the excellent service! Well done guys!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iason_82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I have visited the Margi many times; actually I am there about 5-6 times per year
Some rooms are great, but some rooms are not so good and during my recent visits I have always been blessed with not so good rooms even tough I was told that I have an upgrade to executive floor. The rooms I had recently have been small and the bathroom far away from what I expect as a 5 star bathroom very small without what I would call correct facilities for a hotel of this class. Very small without a chance to close the shower so the whole bathroom is wet after a shower (besides the fact that the shower is tiny which is also a shame for a 5 star hotel.

I added pictures as a reference, overall I am very disappointed by these rooms (505 for example) and I am actually not sure that I want to go again to the Margi.

Breakfast and overall surrounding is still great and makes it worthwhile.
The relaxing atmosphere of the hotel is also a plus and testing the restaurant again showed me that the quality is still very good.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 24 February 2011

At first when you enter the hotel it looks very cozy and welcome. The room was quite big. It was with a sea view which was totally amazing.The bed was great, very comfortable sleep. But when we went to eat breakfast .no staff was there and hardly any food. They did not refill the buffet so we hardly had anything to eat.We should have complained but we didn't.The staff wasn't very friendly.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kusek
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I heard of The Margi hotel from other collegues who had stayed there before, and I was not dissapointed. Our stay was amazing! Friendly, profesional service and a truly beautiful boutique hotel. I would recomment The Margi to everyone I know, both for leisure and for business and meetings!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank CecilieLaane
NY
Reviewed 26 September 2010

While staying at the hotel I had a beautiful piece of jewelry stolen. While I know the hotel cannot be held responsible, they were total rude in how they handled the situation. Basically said that my claim was a lie, and that I was the first person in the history or of the hotel who ever had anything stolen. Hotel management didn't offer an apology, let alone any form of compensation.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank greece_fanaticNy
tconde, General Manager at The Margi, responded to this review, 29 September 2010
Dear Guest,

We reviewed your comments regarding your stay at THE MARGI. Please note that it is our principle to always value our guests’ feedback, as long though, as they are reasonable and fair.

We would like to kindly remind you that although you informed us 10 days after your departure about your lost jewelry, we immediately conducted a full investigation, but unfortunately your jewelry was not found. As you understand our investigation would be more efficient if you had notified us about your missing item on the day you lost it.

Regarding the management’s response, kindly check your inbox on Monday September 20th as on that day we replied to your e-mail, in which we expressed our sincere apologies regarding the unfortunate incidents.

Once again, we would like to express our sympathy to you & look forward to welcoming you soon at The Margi.

Yours Sincerely,
Theo Agiostratitis
The Margi General Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 September 2010

I stayed in the Margi hotel with my family for 3 incredible days this summer.
The hotel's decor is chic and stylish in a understated, non- garish way. All the reception areas are inviting, breezy and comfortable. Our rooms were elegant, clean-lined and spotlessly clean. The pool area was great for the mornings, the kids would swim and then we would venture to the beach (only 3 minutes walk). What a beautiful beach!
The hotel's pool restaurant has a great atmosphere at night, we would relax at the pool area before leaving the hotel (and it was really hard to leave) as the day beds, gentle music and soft-flowing curtains really draw you in.
All-in-all, it was money well spent and we all have magical Margi memories.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Niki-earth
Boston, MA
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Some Greek friends had recommended staying outside of Athens proper, so we chose the Margi in Vouliagmeni as a starting point for our Greek trip. The hotel is about 30 minutes from the airport (cost ~35 EUROS by taxi), in a quiet coastal neighborhood. A nice beach and good restaurants are a short walk from the Margi, but the friendly staff will arrange a taxi anytime you need one.

The rooms were fairly standard, all with nice balconies, and all very clean and tidy. The best part of the hotel was the beautiful pool area, with great bar and restaurant. The atmosphere was fantastic, and the service was happy and attentive.

Also, a great buffet breakfast every morning was a wonderful way to start the day.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vouliagmeni
Vouliagmeni Suites
Syntagma
Hotel Grande Bretagne, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Divani Apollon Suites
#7 of 7 in Vouliagmeni

Been to The Margi? Share your experiences!