Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
US$792
US$765
US$83
Hotels.com
Stefanakis Hotel Apartments(Varkiza)(Great Value!)
US$78
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
All reviewsprivate beachsea viewastir palacejapanese restaurantfour nightsmain buildinglobby barspg platinumexcellent viewbungalowarionwestingreeceathensnobucategory
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed here at Astir Palace again, and as The Westin was closed we chose the Arion. Having stayed here before in a standard room we knew what to expect, but we were wrong. This time we had deluxe rooms (travelled with friends) and wow, what a lovely room. Great space and great amenities. The bathroom was spacious and the bed was one of the more comfortable I've slept in recently. Definitely upgrade if you are able to.

Breakfast was great, service OK but overall things have improved since our last stay. The resort seemed more looked after and the general friendliness and level of service was fantastic. The beach area was clean and tidy and in generally good nick. The swimming area at the Westin was open (even though the hotel wasn't) and we took advantage of the gorgeous cabanas and virtually empty space.

We did our obligatory dinner at Nobu (self inflicted obligation as we highly rate this place) and although Maria our favorite waitress (over the years) had a day off, we were well looked after; both by the staff at the restaurant as well as the concierge and the golf cart ferrying service they provide.

Slightly off season, but the weather was gorgeous and the sea still warm. The hotel was obviously winding down and gearing towards a more reserved winter setting, however we didn't miss a thing. The only sad thing was that Taverna 37 wasn't open and the last time we stayed we had a delightful meal there and were hoping for a repeat performance. Next time....

As my two traveling companions said, one would have never known such a fabulous place exists in Athens. I just love this place and if I won the lottery I think I'd live in it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
westin_mgt, General Manager at Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear rachel1372;
On behalf of the entire team at the Arion, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa hotel, I would like to thank you for your feedback on your stay with us and your loyalty towards our resort.
We are happy that we have fulfilled one of our missions: to make our guests stay memorable.
We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed all elements of your stay.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Athens!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a nice property 25 mins from the airport set in a clean and picturesque cove looking at mountains and little white Greek villages. The bungalows are beautiful, weel appointed and mostly with great sea views. Breakfast is a big fat Greek buffet, but with all the usual Western trimmings. Something for everyone. The restaurant however is poor. It pretends to be Italian ( yup, Italian) but has some Greek fare too. It really does not measure up however and the setting needs a bit of refurbishment, That said, there are two fabulous restaurants nearby: a great Nobu-like Japanese restaurant which is juat about on site, and a short walk down thehill, one of Athens best fish restaurants. I tried both and they were exceptional. Stay in a bungalow higher up the property:1003 has the best views, drink champagne on your terrace and watch the sunset. Nice!!

Room Tip: Bungalow 1003 is great
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Graham W
westin_mgt, General Manager at Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Graham W;
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience from your stay at the Arion, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa hotel. Every observation is extremely valuable and helpful to us, in our continued objective to strive for excellence in all areas of the hotel.
I was happy to read that your overall experience on your stay is positive, that you were satisfied with the quality of our breakfast, the comfort of your bungalow and you managed to enjoy most of our facilities, venues as well as the surrounding area.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in Athens.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I spent my last night here at this property, after a wonderful European trip. The location is very peaceful and different than the hustle and chaos of downtown Athens. The property is about a 25 minute taxi ride to Athens airport. The property itself sits on an amazing peninsula with breathtaking views of the bay and ocean. The hotel is extremely classy in everything that it does. The room was beautiful, overlooking the bay with a separate spacious shower, and a bathtub practically overlooking your balcony and the bay. The room was very spacious and clean. As a traveler from the US, I was amazed that I had to ask for washcloths to be brought to my room. Apparently in some parts of Europe, the wash cloth is either optional or not used. For a first class property, I would have expected them to already be in the room. The bay deck was absolutely beautiful and relaxing. You can jump in the bay and feel like you are floating away to heaven. The also have complimentary water activities. The spa area was first class. The gym was ABSOLUTELY the best I experienced in Europe. Kudos Arion. What's nice is that you can walk next door to their sister property, the Westin and enjoy their amenities and soon they will be building a W next door and I am sure that will be amazing. I enjoyed myself at this property for the one night I was there and had an amazing breakfast on my balcony, right before I departed. I would definitely stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Definitely a view of the bay and ocean
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank robwat23

Dear robwat23;
On behalf of the entire team at the Arion, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa hotel, I would like to thank you for your feedback on your stay with us.
We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed all elements of your stay and you were satisfied with the services offered, the comfort of your room, the peace and beauty of the resort and you managed to enjoy most of our facilities as well as our Spa.
We are indeed very proud of our resort.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Athens for a longer stay this time!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Spent one night on business. Had the pleasure of having a sea view room. The holiday season was over so the hotel was rather quiet. The room is very spacious and comfortable. Great view of the bay and beautiful and spacious terrace to enjoy the outdoors from the room. Would love to come back during the holiday seasons and enjoy the outdoors more.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
AstirPalaceResort, General Manager at Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Hans D,. Thank you for your positive comments on your stay at the Arion Resort & Spa hotel. It’s great to hear that you had an enriching overall experience. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our spacious guest rooms, as well as the amazing view. We are looking forward to welcoming you back during your next stay at the Arion Resort & Spa. Yours sincerely,. Michael Metaxas. Complex General Manager

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Pros: Location is amazing. You do not feel like you are 20 minutes from the chaos of Athens. We had a suite which was very spacious with a separate sitting area and beautiful balcony overlooking the sea. Awesome, huge marble bathroom. Really nice spa area with warm saltwater pool, sauna, and other various treatments.

Cons: Just felt a sense of arrogance from the staff. Being a Greek-American who speaks Greek fluently I found that they were much friendlier and accommodating when I spoke in Greek versus English. Almost seemed annoyed at the thought of Americans, and I witnessed this first hand on a few occasions with other guests. The management also seemed to treat there staff horribly, as I witnessed a manager screaming at the cooks at 11:10am because they were still making omelets when the buffet ended at 11am. The sea water in front of the beach was dirty with some trash which was a huge turnoff. Everything at the hotel is over the top expensive, and overall I just got the sense that they were only there for one thing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and not about taking care of the guests.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
AstirPalaceResort, General Manager at Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear TheBobo, We very much appreciate you taking the time after your trip to share your feedback from your experience at our resort. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed hotel’s location, the comfort of our rooms, and the spa. It is regretful to hear about your experience with members of our staff and I would like to asure you that I will personally investigate this incident with our managers. We certainly hope to welcome you back again to our beautiful property in the future. Sincerely yours,. Michael S. Metaxas. Complex General Manager