“A base from which to visit Athens.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Vouliagmeni
London, United Kingdom
“A base from which to visit Athens.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This is an ideal hotel to stay in if you are planning to visit Athens but don't want to stay in the city itself. It has a reputation for being one of the more expensive hotels but we certainly got a very good deal. It may be because of the economy and hotels generally reducing their prices; I am not sure.
I love the secluded setting and warm shallow waters. The beaches are not huge but perfectly acceptable for what was otherwise, for us at least, a short city break.
There are great views from either side of the hotel and the only thing stopping me giving an excellent rating were the restaurants. They are perfectly acceptable but not quite to a fine dining standard.
That said, if I was visiting Athens again, I would be short listing the Arion.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
westin_mgt, General Manager at Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear TedToToe;
We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed all elements of your stay.
We are indeed very proud of our resort.
Complex General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Ottershaw
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed for four days in two bungalows each with their own pool - it cost almost £1000 euros per night in total - I think the word bungalow is a slight strech as its basically one relatively small room with a bathroom - but the views were beautiful and the small pool and own patio overlooking the beach was great. Generally we had fantastic food - the breakfast buffet was particularly good. We had kids with us and there are a lot of business people in suits around but it was still child friendly, the staff in the restaurant and bars were great and it is a nice hotel which is should be considering the price we paid for it. The beach was also completely empty most of the time so it felt like we had our own private beach.
However - my stay was dissapointing as I was so tired due to the noise every night - outside the bungalow is an electric blind which looks very nice but during the night it bangs on the frame creating a very loud noise every 10 seconds or so - the first time I heard it I got up as I thought someone was knocking at the door it was that loud - I spoke to a very arrogant and rude woman the next day who said very bluntly "I'll talk to housekeeping" but it was never fixed and therefore we were kept awake virtually all night for the whole stay. I think if the staff on reception had been a bit more friendly I would have gone back and tried again but the woman I spoke to was very arrogant and unhelpful. The facilities and the hotel itself is lovely but when you are paying almost 1000 euros a night you expect at the very least to be able to sleep - its impossible to enjoy the rest of the hotel facilities when you are so tired. I was also a bit put out that when you are paying this sort of rate you also have to pay an additional 15 euros a day for wifi. We were also not told on check in about the free minibus to athens. Overall not sure I'd recommend this hotel considering the price which is a shame as the location is perfect.

Room Tip: If you chose a bungalow make sure they've fixed the noise problem. There is a free shuttle to At...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
westin_mgt, General Manager at Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear CGALL1,
I appreciate the time and effort you put into recording your comments concerning your stay at the Arion, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa hotel. It is mainly through our guest’s feedback that we may discover ways to upgrade our services and facilities to impeccable quality standards.
Kindly accept our most sincere apologies for the negative impression that your stay left.
Considering our e-mail communication regarding your stay, I shall limit myself to confirming our offer.
Complex General
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Arrived late evening , checked in , hotel looked great , went straight for dinner , being vegetarian not much on menu but Chef made us excellent veg meal at very short notice, rooms were very nice though garden view , sea view would have been better. Staff are very helpful , service excellent , location no words to mention. Hotel provides shuttle service to centre of Athens , We missed Tea/Coffee facilities in room.Thoroughly enjoyed the experince. Swimming pools , beach area in front of Sea , excellent view , deffinately would recomend to anyone
Perfect hotel to relax and enjoy professional service of the staff

Room Tip: Sea View Rooms would be better than Garden View, Tea Coffee facility would help
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
westin_mgt, General Manager at Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Ghanshyam1949;
I was especially glad to read that you truly experienced a large number of the services we have to offer.
I have passed on your comments to the line staff about their excellent service, they were most happy!
Your sincerely,
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at Arion late April with my husband and 1 year old son.
The facts:
The location of this complex is amazing, breathtaking views and quite close to the city centre (approx 30 min when downtraffic is normal).
Facilities are OK yet you do feel they would need a slight refurbishment, they do give you sometimes a melancholic 70's feel.
Food not bad but certainly overpriced.
The staff were very helpful though and were very responsive to all our requests and queries.
Not sure if we would pick again for a stay at Athens but the experience we had was quite positive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
westin_mgt, General Manager at Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Mary B,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at at the Arion, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa hotel. It is mainly through our guest’s feedback that we may discover ways to upgrade our services and facilities to impeccable quality standards.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and you were satisfied with the hotel's location, the views and you were pleased from the helpful approach of our staff.
Regarding your other comments, kindly note that your points have been taken into consideration.
Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel during Easter weekend. The staff are excellent and make you feel very welcome. We had a sea view room which was spacious with a large bathroom with separate shower. Very clean and well worth the extra cost for the sea view. Lots of outdoor space with sun loungers around the pretty cove. Breakfast is served in their Italian restaurant or you can choose to eat outdoors on the terrace overlooking the bay. There is sufficient choice with freshly squeezed juices and fresh eggs cooked to order. Bar service is good however the food served at the bar is mediocre. After having lunch at the bar, a toasted cheese and ham toastie which was ok we decided to have lunch in their Italian restaurant. This was very nice and service was excellent. We also tried their Sushi restaurant which is in another building. Ask for a table at the window. It took us a while to read the menu but the waitress helped explain everything. The sushi was delicious as was the wagu beef. If you are looking for a hotel close to Athens with a pretty view and on the sea then I would recommend this. Taxis to Athens are around 25 euros.

Room Tip: Book a seaview room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MillieLasne
AstirPalaceResort, General Manager at Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear MillieLasne; On behalf of the entire team at the Arion, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa hotel, I would like to thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We are happy that we have fulfilled one of our missions: to make our guests stay memorable. We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed all elements of your stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Athens. Yours sincerely, Michael S. Metaxas - Complex General Manager
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Maybe back in 60's when it opened it was a luxury collection destination for the rich and famous but today it is misold under that umbrella. Yes great views and location but needs major refurbishment or prices need to come down to reality to match the product. I work in the hospitality business and like many of you who have stayed in many luxury hotels....it is not the first time staying in a 5 star property. Service from front desk is definitely arrogant and unhelpful. Rest of staff...like anywhere some good some bad! Beach being cleaned by external contractors and very unsightly immigrants(I am indian too so not racist!) should have either been done early morning when no guests there or they should have had uniforms! I dont often write reviews but on this ocassion compelled to do so due to poor quality and variety of food. Dated rooms. Bad service and value for money!!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AstirPalaceResort, General Manager at Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear lindalhotel;. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your stay at the Arion Resort & Spa. Every observation is extremely valuable and helpful to us, in our continued objective to strive for excellence in all areas of the hotel. Kindly accept our most sincere apologies for causing you disappointment during your stay with us. I have gone through your comments very carefully with the relevant departments to see where the problem areas lie and to ensure they are not repeated. Please note that indeed our beaches have not officially opened for the summer season and an external contractor is working towards preparing the area that will welcome our clientele as from May 1st. We hope that despite our shortcomings on this occasion, you will nevertheless grant us a renewed opportunity to welcome you back to the Arion hotel and provide you with the experience you should expect to receive from us. Your sincerely,. Michael S. Metaxas. Complex General Manager
Forked River, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Okay I originally wrote a review about this property last week and since I can't update on TA, I had to delete my existing review and write a new one....This property is very nice...front desk staff is most helpful with any of your needs. We did have some difficulties with the conference staff on our first day (no site of hotel conf person, missing A/V items for set-up, missing break items, etc.) HOWEVER I must say that the next day we were given an heaven sent angel....Georgos.....he saved our view of this hotel meeting wise. He was very attentive, visible and kind. He was with us first thing in the morning at Breakfast until our meeting was over. Not only that the Lunch staff was AWESOME for our meeting, If we ever go back for business we are definitely requesting Georgos!!!
As for the hotel, it is a lovely , clean place. I stayed in a villa, which was nice and a great view. The beach is small and they seem to be redoing it for improvements at this time as there was some construction going on around it. The hotel is also within walking distance to a few different restaurants. My only recommendation with the cab drivers is to ask the front desk approx how much it should cost to get to a certain place. We took a cab to a close restaurant and they charged us 6.5 euros there and a different cab driver charged us only 3 to get back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AstirPalaceResort, General Manager at Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Oceanaddct118,
I appreciate the time and effort you put into recording your comments concerning your stay at the Arion Resort & Spa . It is mainly through our guest’s feedback that we may discover ways to upgrade our services and facilities to impeccable quality standards.
We were very concerned to read that your experience in certain areas caused you mixed feelings about our hotel. I have gone through your comments very carefully with the relevant departments in order to see where the problem areas lie and to ensure they are not repeated.
Complex General
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vouliagmeni
The Margi
Divani Apollon Suites
Divani Apollon Suites
#7 of 7 in Vouliagmeni
Brasil Suites Hotel Apartments

Been to Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!