REO Rafting & Yoga Resort
US$57
US$66
US$75
Travelocity
The Swiss Chalets Motel(Hope)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$74
US$69
Totem Motel(Lytton)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe riverreo raftinghot tubnext yearglamping tentssaladtop notchthe busday tripgreat foodmy sonsuper funrock climbingprivate beacha great experiencegravel roadeach meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We came to REO from the UK as part of a longer trip round Canada, spent a weekend at the resort and rafted for one day. Everything about the resort was great, the staff, the food, the accommodation, and the atmosphere.

The river is incredible. I have been rafting and kayaking at other locations and the Nahatlach is by far the best white water for the job. It has so many rapids there is never a dull moment!

The accommodation is great, we had our own cabin tent complete with proper beds and linen right next to the river. The sound of the river actually helped us to sleep and the beds are super comfortable.

The guides were very good and really set us at ease, and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Hats off the chef, the food was great for every meal, and of a better standard than I expected for a camping trip!

The location of the resort is right next to the river down a logging road. The Nahatlatch River Road is a gravel road for part of it so expect pot holes but these are avoidable. Once on this road, there are REO signs quite often which is reassuring as it feels like you are driving into the middle of nowhere. It all added to the adventure! It is a semi wilderness setting so we saw lots of wildlife, even on the road up to the resort, and it's great to able to truly get away from it all and relax! At the same, the resort has wifi and I got phone signal so being out of touch is optional.

The hot tub was my personal favourite facility. After a trip on the river getting splashed by very cold water, the hot tub was the perfect post rafting activity to soothe those aching muscles!

There were other activities available as well such as rock climbing, zip line, archery, but we chose to chill out on day 2 and go for a walk on the nature trail which is lovely.

All in all it was a great retreat. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Make sure you bring a flash light, the electricity is provided via a generator which is only on in the day time. If you are a couple, make sure you ask for one of the queen cabin tents as these are right on the river and very romantic :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just back from a fantastic weekend in REO- the staff were so friendly, facilities were perfect, the hot-tub was the icing on the cake! Rafting was amazing- the theory was given in a lot of detail and it was all very well organized- highly recommended. We slept so well after a night by the campfire under the stars- felt like a real adventure just 3hrs from Vancouver. Thanks to all the staff for the great food, fun and for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I've been to REO twice, and can't say enough about it.

The first trip was for a work retreat. the guides, staff, and everything about the facility impressed me. If I were to make any recommendations, it would be to add more things to do while not on the river. But for most folks once you've gone down a run all you'll want to do is rest and talk about it anyways.

The second trip was for my stag. Again, amazing staff & an amazing experience. This place is top notch.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank phynixx
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We spent the morning rafting August 29, 2013 for my husband's birthday. He had been once before several years ago but for my son and I it was a first that will be repeated again and again! So much fun on the river. Would love to camp next time as the tents look really cozy.

I would make this an excellent but found that $10.00 each for lunch was a little much for what we received. The website says....

Note: Lunch is not included on the regular day trip. For $10, you can add a delicious lunch featuring multi-grain bread or wraps with sliced deli meats, cheeses, condiments; choice of fresh seasonal fruit and vegetable, seasonal greens or chips; and a choice of hot or cold beverages. Deluxe and resort-style lunches for guests are also available.

That was not the case here. Next time we will pack our own lunch, otherwise, it was a spectacular day on the river.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim C
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Our family spent six days and five nights at REO. My wife glamped, I rafted four days, rested one and the boys rafted all five days. We were offered other adventures, but even our seventeen year old couldn’t accept anything more.

Brian and Karen are too accommodating. They upgraded our tent where my wife loved the chest of drawers and shaded porch overlooking the river. Brian took us on an extra special adventure to a remote river and Karen invited my wife to eat with her family and visiting friends because we were getting back late.

On the river every day was different. We had different guides who attacked and played in the river with their unique style. The boys went on an extra guide training one afternoon. We watched Brian bump his daughter into the water to the delight and screams of her fifteen friends and sister. And the last day Brian took us through Rose Garden and Meat Grinder which had been out of bounds due to high water and timber. He then took one son and the training guides down to the pull-out at the camp to end their training and our rafting adventures.

The professional cooks made tasty, hearty meals shared by all the staff and guests alike. I was concerned when the cooks were off but the staff and their friends kept the quality, quantity, and taste to a high standard. Besides a birthday cake with a gaggle of girls, on our last night we shared a roast beef dinner putting me over-the-top.

Our family can’t say enough about the people, the place, and the trip. I recommend making your visit more than a day trip. The longer you stay, the more you will get back.

Room Tip: We stayed in a cabin-tent right on the river. You can see the white corner in the photo. The higher building is the kitchen.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family