“A Taste of Greece”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Taverna Gorgona

Taverna Gorgona
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Ladner
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy the hospitality, the sights, the sounds, the food & drink specialties of Greece. A Mediterranean Escape in the Heart of Ladner.
BC Canada
“A Taste of Greece”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Really good Greek dishes, lovely outdoor space for the Summer months. Friendly staff and nice ambience- very busy on weekends

• Visited May 2014

Vancouver
“A Little Piece Of Greece”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I dined here this evening with my family and was blown away with the food. I've never had such a great meal at any Greek restaurant in my life. This food tasted better than any restaurants I dined at on my recent trip to Santorini. The owner has done a fantastic job altering the menu and adding favourites like the Prawn Saganaki dish. The patio looks like it's out of a magazine with all of the flowers, plants, lighting and waterfall. This restaurant is a true Gem and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for high end greek food with a budget. We went totally greek, drinking Tsantalis white and ouzo for dessert with our bougatsa. Our roast lamb was cooked to perfection and completely melted in our mouth. Normally I cannot eat lamb without mint sauce or jelly and it is un necessary when dining here. The lamb is slow roasted for 6-8 hours and you can taste the difference between this Roast lamb and other greek restaurants like Maria's taverna and Stephos downtown. The service was great the staff were very friendly and answered all on our questions. The boss came by to make sure everything was good and we told him this is our new spot! Can't wait to come back here this restaurant left a good taste in my mouth to say the least! 10/10

Vancouver, Canada
“Good food, terrible customer care”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My co-workers and I frequently order take-out from Taverna Gorgona during our work-week together because, although more expensive than average, the food has been consistently good. After our experience this week, we will not be ordering from them any longer.

A few weeks back, we had placed a dinner order with them for pick-up. As per usual, I requested extra lemon potatoes (my favourite part of the meal) in lieu of pita bread. Everyone else kept their order as normal. We made the mistake of not checking the food prior to leaving the restaurant and returning to work. When we opened our meals, I did not get any pita bread as expected but none of us had received any potatoes either (let alone extra). Essentially, I had just paid $20 for rice and a protein. We called the restaurant to inquire and were advised that they had run out of potatoes altogether and the waitress/hostess was apologetic that this was not communicated to us when we ordered. She wasn't sure why they had still removed the pita bread from my order knowing they could not provide any extra potatoes (or any potatoes at all for that matter). The woman we spoke to discussed with her colleagues while we were on hold and ended up advising us that she would take down our name / number and put the info on their white board and we would receive 1 complimentary meal the next time we ordered. This gesture went a long way with us and more than made up for the error.

Fast forward to this week. We were making our usual order at Taverna and referenced the complimentary meal, providing our name and number as instructed. The girl I spoke to initially said she wasn't sure what I was referring to and that there was nothing on the board to reflect this information. I explained what had happened and she eventually acknowledged that our info WAS on the board after all, but that she didn't think this agreement could be honoured. She went to check with her manager, related the situation to him and she came back to let us know that he was only willing to give us a discount for the missing potatoes from the previous order (approx $4 off). While I appreciated the logistics behind this counter-offer, that wasn't going to cut it. I said that we had been told one of our orders would be comped and I felt it reflected poorly on them that they were reneging on a statement made by one of their own staff members. Her response to me was: "well she didn't have the authority to make that promise". Now, I am in no way a 'customer-is-always-right' kinda gal, but I am a firm believer that you stand behind your employee's word as a show of good faith and then re-train your staff in restaurant policy, not make your loyal customers feel duped to preserve a nominal one-time profit for your company. In the long run, it was a bad business decision on their part as we will no longer be making our $80+ orders every couple weeks.

5 Thank Caitlin T
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Just not like it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Every summer we come back I try and like this restaurant. The food is mediocre,at best, but it's the service that has gone downhill very fast and on a consistent basis. I also don't like the paper napkins, I this k we pay enough for cloth napkins. We ordered a bottle of wine, this came to the table unopened, yes we had to open ourselves. Just not the service we used to get when Niko owned the business. Too bad, fortunately there are other restaurants nearby that actually do cater to their customer. So disappointed

3 Thank Terri W
Vancouver, Canada
“Tough to review”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Normally this isn't the type of place I would bother reviewing but a recent outing compelled me to change my mind. We were there a couple nights ago for a family night out. We've eaten here in the past and normally had pretty decent experiences. The room is warm and comfy, if a bit trashy in that Greek restaurant kind of way. There is a nice patio out back for a nice summer evening under the stars. So that's nice. The food has alway been decent, not spectacular but good decent north american greek fare. It turned out by chance to be suvlaki night. So we had suvlakis for the most part. They were very good and the kids loved cleaned their plates. Always a plus. I had lamb and again it was very decent. The problem was the server. She was on the verge of hostile pretty much the whole time. She never asked us if our dinner was good, she took off for what seemed 30 minutes without checking on us. We had to ask the hostess for our bill and then the waitress just dropped it on the table and walked off without saying anything. And we were one of only about 3 tables at the time. We left a small tip none the less because the rest of the staff were wonderful and I'm sure they get a cut of the tip but if we could have left zero and not felt guilty we would have. She was about as unfriendly a server as we've ever had anywhere. It was supposed to be a special night for our little family and that left a sour taste for us. Next time I think for a special family night out we'll find something a bit more reliable. I hate it when a server makes you think that you're patronage is of no concern to them or their business and that we're really nothing more than an inconvenience. That bugs me. It's a shame because this is probably one of the better restaurants in South Delta and now we have mixed feelings about it. We've been here several times in the past and had great experiences. Like I said it's a tough one to review.

• Visited May 2014