“Exceptionally poor service”

Cuisines: American
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Exceptionally poor service”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

OK tomato & basil soup. Accompanying garlic bread was minus the garlic. Manageress was our server and was sullen, no eye contact, and, whilst saying all the 'right' things, never actually paid any attention at all. Dishes were cleared as the last spoonful was in my mouth .... The restaurant was not busy yet we waited ages to order, be served and then had to go looking for someone so we could pay. Of the two other servers we saw, one was polite but didn't know anything and the other (female) wore her long hair loose, letting it fall over plates as she served. Advertised wifi didn't work. Good background music.
Won't go back.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank GadaboutLass

Tsawwassen, Canada
“poor breakfast, and poor management”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My husband, son, and I decided to try rickys in Ladner. As we entered the restaurant it seemed like a nice place to eat. Unfortunately it all went downhill from there, we were brushed off from one server to another, we never received a single glass of water, our orders were taken but the food took over a good half hour to arrive. Soon as we got our breakfast we noticed it was somewhat warm so we kindly asked our server to take it back and get us fresh hash browns and fresh bacon but still got the same results on the second time around. We tried to flag another staff member down but we noticed no one really wanted to make eye contact with us; it was kind of an uneasy feeling. However, I was able to flag our server down, and I asked for a glass of milk for my son. She brought us expired milk! (I know expired milk, I’ve been scared before) I finally had enough, and asked for the manager. It turns out our manager was in fact our server so we simply had nothing more to say. Overall I would never recommend a rickys restaurant to any of my family and/or friends, especially this location... poor management equals poor breakfast, and overall poor service. I should have listened to my gut feeling, and kept on driving.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Debbie L
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Gluten Free”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Ricky's is a pleasant, comfortable restaurant with friendly helpful staff. It offers an extra menu for people who are intolerant to gluten.

• Visited January 2013
Delta, Canada
“Fast Food - Great Menu”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

A place for a fast bite in Ladner. Walking distance to our B&B and Friendly fast service. Great job on the renovations by the way!!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Clairsinnladner
Vancouver, Canada
“A Good Staple”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Ricky's is always a delight. The food is always really good, like a home cooked meal. They are very good about modifications! This restaurant exemplifies exactly what Ladner is about!

Visited June 2012