“Exceptional”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jordan Station
Among the Vines B&B
Barrie, Canada
“Exceptional”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were hiking the Bruce trail and lucked into this wonderful B&B... Even when we turned up at their spotless home, muddy from the trail, we were welcomed like arriving royalty! The hosts at this working vineyard are friendly, welcoming and yet know when to let you relax by yourselves. We had a luxurious room with ensuite bathroom and no luxury was spared...from the tasteful decor, fluffy towels, robes, comfortable bed and generous supply of pillows we were surrounded by comfort. The breakfast was excellent and Carollyn cheerfully accommodated a gluten intolerance and sent us on our way fortified for a day of hiking.

Room Tip: Go all the way and treat yourself to the room with ensuite!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Among the Vines B&B leaves you wanting for nothing. My hubby and I have stayed at premier luxury six star resorts in the world that did not come close to what Carollynn and Joe have worked so very, very hard to perfect in their B&B and boutique vineyard. The breakfasts are lovingly prepared from scratch and mouth-watering (special dietary requests encouraged and welcomed). The B&B is impeccable in cleanliness and decor. There is no stone left unturned to make your getaway one you will be sharing with colleagues, friends and family for weeks, if not years, to come. My hubby said he would NEVER stay at a B&B--he cannot wait to return to 'Among the Vines' in Jordan, Ontario. Carollynn and Joe are two of the kindest and most worldly people we have ever met. We bought two cases of wine from their boutique vineyard 'DiProfio Wines'--one case of Rose and one case of the Special Select Late Harvest Vidal. We stayed in the 'Gamay' suite which has a king-size four poster bed overlooking the vineyard with a private bath complete with double sinks, separate shower and jetted soaker tub. You deserve this ultra relaxed and peaceful luxury getaway!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank L A
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I think this is either the 5th or 6th stay at Among the Vines. It really has become our second home in the Niagara region! We love visiting with Joe and Carollynn so much and hearing the stories about the farm, the winery, and the B&B that I choose their B&B as a Wine Country getaway in the #12DaysWCO contest!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are spotless and quiet. The Gamay has an ensuite while the Merlot and Riesling room...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed for two nights at this B&B in Jordan Ontario. The house is really beautiful, the hosts are welcoming, gracious and interesting. Our room was beautifully appointed, very comfortable and roomy. Everything was in excellent condition and the sheets were so soft. We slept well and the breakfasts were nutritious and tasty ( and a bit decadent too!). I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a really great B&B experience. Thank you Carollynn and Joe for a great weekend experience.

Room Tip: This place is 5 minutes from the QEW and located right in the middle of wine country, excellent for...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
London, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed at Among the Vines for two nights with my boyfriend and had the most amazing time! The hospitality is first class and breakfast is amazing, it is a great way to start off your days in wine country. You cannot go wrong here...especially because it is right on a vineyard! It is within walking distance of Jordan Station's Main Street, which has a few nice options for dinner.

My advice: Stay in the Gamay Suite- amazing bed and ensuite with large jacuzzi tub.

Room Tip: Stay in the Gamay Suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stay on an working vineyard in a huge room with an equally-huge bath. Multi-course breakfasts, including fresh fruit and my favorite: French toast made from cinnamon rolls. Repeat after me: "We are on holiday. We deserve this."

Room Tip: The Gamay Room is very spacious.
Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jazzmom15
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I'd previously always opted for hotels over B&Bs, but this experience may have changed my mind on that forever. We had to stay in the Jordan area for a weekend wedding, and none of the area hotels seemed like a good option. When I came across Among the Vines, I knew I'd found a solid option. Speaking to Carollynn over the phone to make the reservation made me certain I'd made a good choice, as she was warm and relaxed, the kind of person you'd want to be your host.

We arrived a bit early on Saturday afternoon, and were promptly welcomed into our room, the Gamay Suite, which was IMMACULATE in every detail (it was truly astonishing). Huge and comfortable king sized bed, and windows looking out over the back yard into the rows of vines in the vineyard. This place really is set right in a small 12 acre working vineyard. Our suite had a private bathroom, lots of closet space, and a giant dresser in case you're there for a longer stay and want to put some of your things away. The private bath is also very large and has both a stand-up shower stall and a large whirlpool tub, double sinks, etc. Again, spotless. Also the place was comfortable air-conditioned, which is a big thing for me in the summer as I need to be cool to sleep.

We were given a key since we'd be coming/going into the night for the wedding/reception we were in the area for, and there was a dining area and living room area for guest use although we only used the dining room for breakfast (more on that in a moment). There are two other guest rooms adjacent to our suite, and those two share a common bathroom so are great for larger groups travelling together (when we stayed, a family of four used those rooms).

The location in Jordan is pretty good, it's just over a kilometre north of the "main" part of Jordan where Inn on the Twenty is located. It made for about a ten minute walk, which in that area was really beautiful during the day, and very peaceful at the end of the night.

Breakfast was remarkable, in that it was multiple courses and all delicious! I'm sure it varies day-to-day, but ours was: First a large heaping bowl of fresh fruit, with great attention to presentation/detail. There was also a large basket of home-made biscuit/scones that were divine (I wanted to steal them all). Next we had a large plate with eggs, two kinds of bacon (regular and turkey), and tomatoes, with a basket of buttered toast. Finally some sort of warm apple square for 'dessert' (where else do you get dessert for breakfast!?). There was also an extensive selection of Keurig coffees to choose from, along with tea and juice (I had fresh OJ).

Checkout was fun as we chose to pay with plastic, so we scooted next door (only 50 feet or so) to the winery building, and got to see the tanks/casks and pick up some wine while we were paying. It's definitely part of the experience worth taking part in, as it gives an opportunity for a tasting or two.

I don't want to come off as overly enthusiastic, but I just don't have anything bad to say about this place. The hosts (Carollyn and Joe) were warm and welcoming, and it made my partner and I feel comfortable like we were staying with close friends or relatives. The food was delicious. The room was big, comfortable, and relaxing. It was very quiet (I suspect all of Jordan is quiet, to be fair) and it was precisely the kind of getaway I'd want in wine country. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and recommend that any of my friends/family stay here if they were in the area.

Room Tip: Gamay suite has private bath and good for 2 travellers. Other two rooms (Riesling and Merlot) good f...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Inn On The Twenty
Inn On The Twenty
#1 of 3 in Jordan
Orchard Croft Boutique Country Retreat

Been to Among the Vines B&B? Share your experiences!