“It's good but not that good!”

Rustico Restaurant & Pizzeria
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We have had dinner many many times there. The service is good. Pizzas normally decent with a good base. My husband had the pepperoni pizza very greasy. The caprese salad lacking seasoning and the tomatoes underripe and flavorless. The mushrooms and mussels I understand were excellent. The wine was cold, and the ice water iced!

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We went here because we found it on trip advisor as a good place near grotto bay, where we are staying. $16 cab ride there.

We were not let down, the food was great! We had the special scallops which were on a bed of spinach. Lamb Raghu and special fish and spaghetti. All three dishes were great. And filling!

It's a proper Italian menu with excellent pastas. If we had the chance to go back I would love to try the pizza.

1  Thank Kingsizebossman
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stopped here for a late lunch after visiting the aquarium at Flatts ( a place I think every visitor to Bermuda should see) and Rustico was just perfect, one of those places you stumble across that exceeds every expectation. The service was attentive and pleasant, the vegetarian panini was delicious, and the cup of cappucino was pretty as well as tasty. I was very happy to have found this spot.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Mrs Too and I have been both surprised and delighted at the number and quality of restaurants here on Bermuda. Even the most renowned are smallish unassuming establishments featuring their own type of cuisine, whether simple or quite sophisticated. Rustico Restaurant is no exception.

We arrived here on Tuesday night after a day in Hamilton, advised by the manager at Lobster Pot that this is a gem. He was so right. As the name implies, the kitchen is Italian. The menu is impressive and extensive. Mrs Too went with their version of meat lasagna. Ben ordered osso buco. Both were absolutely top shelf. Dino, the manager was right there to see that everything was to our satisfaction and was assured that it certainly was. There is a superior wine list, featuring more types by the glass than usual and we each had a glass of vintage Chianti.

I have to tell you a little more about Dino. When we arrived and were first seated we were in the bar area along with a group of eight or ten friends letting off some normal after work steam. Not boisterous or rude, just a touch on the noisy side. When I asked Dino whether we might move to a quieter table, he gave a wave to a server and in absolutely no more than twenty seconds, it was done. I know of many fancy places in Washington D.C. near our home which could not possibly match Rustico for good old fashioned hospitality.

The bus stops right at Dino’s door, so you are pretty close no matter where you are staying. Try it. You’ll like it.

1  Thank Ben_Theretoo406
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were a large party of 7 for lunch on a day that was not overly busy (restaurant half full). I found the waiters to be short and rude and we often had to flag them down to get additional drinks and the dessert menus. The food also took forever (over 45 minutes to get a burger). The food at Rustico was good as usual but due to the poor service I will honestly think twice before going back. I hope they improve this aspect as it is otherwise a great restaurant in Flatts.