“Swindle Inn”
Review of Swizzle Inn

Swizzle Inn
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Swindle Inn”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We went out of our way to try the Swizzle Inn. We got a pint of Guiness and a Watermelon drink. The Guiness was supposed to be draught but clearly wasn't and was not a proper pour. The mixed drink was too sweet and lacked any hint of alcohol. The glass was 3/4 filled with ice. The beer was $9 and the mixed drink was $12!! We tried the onion rings which were less than stellar but ok. We paid $20.75 each for fish and chips which was supposed to be fresh Atlantic cod but was really two frozen fish sticks with some processed frozen fries. Only someone completely drunk would find the food edible. Nothing there was worth the price. We couldn't afford to stagger out. We left feeling swindled and I still need to go buy lunch because I could not gag down the fish. With so many other places to dine and drink I certainly would not recommend going out of your way to try this one.

Visited May 2014

Orillia, Canada
“An Institution in Bermuda”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is a very popular pub in Hamilton Parish, a short walk from the Grotto Bay Resort.
Good pub food, generous portions and attentive staff.
Outdoor patio as well as outdoor balcony for dining. Take your business card and stick it to the walls or ceiling like 50,00 others have. Great casual fun place.

Visited May 2014
“Swizzle Inn Swagger Out”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was born and raised in Bermuda and left it when I was 12. I have never failed to stop at Swizzle Inn whenever I get the chance to visit the tiny island. The location is a great place as you can stop there while on your way up the island or down to St. George's.

The food I say is pretty good. Yeah, it's not going to be super exquisite but for the atmosphere that it has the food is great. I love their Butt Kickin Nachos and, when in season, the lobster is pretty good. And their desserts are the bomb but then again I'm a poor college student who loves food. The prices are pretty decent as well. A lot of people have this notion that Bermuda is super expensive and yes that's true. But, I think people have to remember that is is practically in the middle of nowhere and so we have to import things in and there isn't much space to grow stuff. But hey, it's going to be better than McDonald's.

The atmosphere is really great as it can fit many varieties of individuals. There is a place for the sports fanatics. The outdoor seating is nice too when the weather is not too hot or too cold. If you want more of a quiet area the upstairs area is nice too. On the weekends they sometimes have live band music.

Overall, Swizzle Inn is definitely a place for you to stop by!

• Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Definitely worth checking out”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I loved the fish sandwich. It was fresh, hot and the coleslaw had a great kick to it.

They offer take out as well. Prices are a little high for a pub but as comparable to the rest of the pubs in the island.

Visited April 2014
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Never fails to send customers away happy”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

After the effort of far too many steps in Crystal & Fantasy Caves we deserved a Swizzle and enjoyed two jugs! Food was as good as I remember from 25 years ago; not haute cuisine but it's a pub and there's nothing wrong with sandwiches, salad, chips (fries) etc. Well worth a visit must be repeated by just about everyone who has done so

• Visited April 2014