This is an amazing property with beautiful views from every direction. We stayed five nights with our toddler daughter. The level of service in most areas was wonderful. The room was very clean and well decorated. The doorman was extremely friendly and helpful in getting us taxis and making sure we got where we needed to go. Most of the front desk staff was extremely helpful in making us dinner reservations and suggesting places to eat.
The private beach is beautiful and has a lot of nice amenities. The beach club has a restaurant, two swimming pools, bathroom and shower facilities. The trolley that takes you down to the beach is a nice ride, affording you beautiful views of the property. The pools at the main hotel are beautiful. Pool-side service for drinks is a little slow. Some days the service was better than others.
Dining options at the resort are somewhat limited. We ate breakfast at the hotel every morning. Most mornings we ate at the Point. Breakfast was good, but expensive and service was somewhat slow. Two mornings, we just got muffins from the library coffee shop and they have free coffee and tea available during the early morning hours. We had dinner one night at the Beach club which was very good and the atmosphere at night is nice. We ate lunch there several days as well. Service was somewhat slow here as well, but all the servers were very pleasant. After finding out that a jacket is not required anymore for dinner at the Point, we had dinner here one night. The food was excellent, service left us a little disappointed.
A few negatives which keep me from rating the propery excellent:
1) After booking our room through Rosewood customer service on the telephone, I received a traveler preference form with our confirmation and was told to complete it and submit to the hotel. I specifically requested no feather bedding in our room as my husband has severe allergies. Once we arrived, our room was not ready so we went to have lunch while we were waiting. Our room was ready shortly after, but once we arrived we noticed the pillows and duvet cover were filled with feathers. We got ready to go to the pool and I notified the front desk of the problem and asked that the bedding be changed while we were out. When we returned, the problem had not been remedied. On our way out to dinner I asked the front desk again to make sure the bedding was changed. On our way back from dinner, I was notified that the bedding had all been changed for us. What is the point of a guest preference form if the requests will be ignored?
2)We decided to pay extra for a transfer to/from airport through the hotel to ensure we had a car seat for our daughter. I emailed with the hotel to confirm this specific request and was told a car seat would be provided. When we got to the airport, the van that was there to pick us up had no car seat and didn't know anything about the request. I notified the hotel upon our arrival but they didn't have much to say. I requested the return trip to the airport be cancelled. We paid twice as much as a taxi would have cost for no reason.
3) On two occasions, we had absolutely no water in our room. Once early in the morning and once in the late afternoon while my husband was in the middle of showering. The water was off for 20-30 minutes each time. When paying $700+/night in a 5 star hotel, you expect to have running water at all times.
The property is in Tucker's Point, on the east side of the island, which is about a 20 minute drive to the city of Hamilton or to Paget. Expect to pay for a taxi to/from the hotel if you are planning to eat off the resort or do any site-seeing around the island. Average trip is $22-25/each way.
We drove past several of the other resorts we had considered staying at and were pleased that we chose to stay at Rosewood.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rosewood Bermuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Tucker`s Point Hotel Hamilton Parish
- Tuckers Point Hotel
- Hotel Tuckers Point
- Rosewood Bermuda Caribbean