“Terrific Winter Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hamilton Parish
Connecticut
“Terrific Winter Getaway”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We visited for 4 nights in January. Wow.

You want to know my biggest complaint? There was only one bar of soap in the bathroom. See how serious my problems were? (I have noticed stingy-soap syndrome in other fancy hotels -- no doubt a cost-saving measure.) When I mentioned this to housekeeping, they flooded us with more bars of soap than we could possibly use.

This is very much a five-star property, in same league as Ritz and Four Seasons. I don't know about during the high season, but in January the prices are a bargain.

+ Huge rooms and bathrooms
+ Nice view from 4th floor (other reviewers are correct that 1st floor rooms by pool will not have much of a view due to hedge)
+ Fast internet
+ Modern, high tech -- TV, VOIP phones, etc.
+ Immaculate housekeeping
+ Free coffee in lobby in the morning. We asked for a coffee machine in our room and they supplied a Keurig machine.
+ Terrific front desk staff, particularly Victoria.

There is a beach facility, but it's not open in the low season. We did not care about the beach, so no problem for us.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wrecks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 February 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated like valued guests. Everyone was so nice and helpful, especially Jennifer at reception. The food was delicious. The hotel and grounds were clean. Our room, a superior king on the 4th floor was beautiful. We cant wait to return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I recently (Feb 2014) spent a weekend here and were both pleasantly surprised with the overwhelming warmth of the staff and the very comfortable yet luxurious feel of the whole resort. Our room had a beautiful open view of the ocean and the pool, yet felt very private and was very pleasantly appointed. Our balcony had an even more breathtaking view of the island, but was not quite as private given that nearly everyone's balcony seems to look out over the same area. Going this time of year the beach restaurant was closed, which was kind of disappointing given the unseasonably warm weather we enjoyed, but not a surprise.

I would second the point made by other guests that the primary restaurant "The Point" (which served Tuckers Bar as well as Room Service) was excessively overpriced, even for this level of resort restaurant. While the service and decor were impeccable, I would recommend their pub fare (fish chowder, fried calamari, gombey burger, etc) over the "360 degree" tasting menu. Breakfasts were perfectly adequate, but again, $12 for one grapefruit half feels excessive to me.

We would absolutely stay here again, but would probably make a point to eat out more and stick to the less ambitious menu items.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MrJackWarner
Duncan_Graham_RTP, General Manager at Rosewood Tucker's Point, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and for the feedback. We hope to welcome you back to Rosewood Tucker's Point in the near future. Please let us know if you need anything at all in the meantime.
Fort Lee, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My husband & I LOVE going to bermuda for our golf vacation. We have been there 3 times, & Rosewood Turker's Point is my personal favorite resort.
LOVED every moment staying at this gorgeous resort! The restaurant is top notch! Food is so great, & all staff members at the resort are so friendly. The rooms are so pretty & CLEAN!!
Would love to go back @ any time & HIGHLY recommend to all!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels in the world. Unlike many of the luxury hotels in Southampton and Warwick, this resort is just a short 10 minute ride from the airport. Tucker's Point is in the quiet and quite wealthy Tuckers Town area next to the Mid Ocean Club. Common to the island, the hospitality is noticeable. I've never encountered such nice and helpful people. The staff bends over backwards to be helpful and goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. All of the rooms have a view of Castle Harbour. There are five pools by my count, one on either side of the hotel to take advantage of where the sun is, one at the spa and two at the beach club. A shuttle will take you anywhere on the resort (tennis, beach or golf course). The hotel has a beautiful library to spend during rainy days where you can read a book next to the fire or work on a puzzle of Bermuda that was seen on top of the chess table. Morning coffee and tea are set out each morning. The spa is first class. The private beach is about 1 1/2 miles away by either an enjoyable walk through the Tuckers Point and Mid Ocean golf courses or a short 5 minute shuttle ride. Scooters are available for rent on site and highly recommend for sightseeing. Sitting high on the hill above the harbour, the views are wonderful and to the south one can see the ocean waves crashing up against the smaller islands separating the harbor from the Atlantic. The room service was the best I've had as it was one of the few places ever where the food was hot when it arrived in the room. The Point Restaurant is one of the nicer hotel restaurants I've dined in. The decor and views are very nice. The only knock I would have on the whole place is that the breakfast was average at best and was very much overpriced for what was presented. Two orders of french toast, one side of bacon and two coffees was nearly $70. That will not dissuade us from returning though. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Every room has a view of the harbour. The airport can be seen in the distance and sitting on you...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TR2810
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We loved spending a few days at Tucker's Point.

Where to start....our room ...even at the least expensive category...was very luxurious with absolutely surprising and delightful appointments.

The food is solid and the restuarant service is superb.

Spa was as you would expect...top notch. When I asked if i could where my robe back to my room after a massage...they immediately though to offer me a bag to pack up my clothes. Service is really their strong suit.

Bermuda is so easy to get to..that a quick weekend is easy...and Tucker's Point the perfect place to go.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ZeroGeorge
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Bermuda is a special place, and my husband and I are in love with it. We’ve had the pleasure to stay at a few places on the island, and more than once at Tucker’s Point at different times of the year. The property is absolutely stunning with lovely views and tons of cedar in the lobby; and the rooms (all with balconies) and facilities are gorgeous. The location is convenient near the airport and not too far from Hamilton. Also, it’s notable that the spa is one of the best (if not the best) on the island, as is the adjacent golf course (Mid Ocean Club). The beach club is another high-point – absolutely beautiful and better than a lot of the other resort beaches in Bermuda. My one complaint about the beach is that the trolley only leaves every 30 minutes – a bit more frequent in high season would be better. The resort is very expensive, but so are many of the options in Bermuda... However, because of the high price, I do think they still have some kinks to work out. The staff is helpful and friendly, but there were silly issues with our initial reservation and then our bill (both of which were resolved). Also, there are cheap toiletries in the (absolutely stunning) bathrooms and no coffee or tea in the room. For coffee or tea you have to come downstairs to the main lobby, which in a bathrobe could be a bit awkward. None of this is a big deal, but it’s good to note. There is a restaurant, which has an excellent breakfast and formal dinner – and during the summer, there is a great restaurant at the beach club. However, during the winter there are very few options for food – we felt the need to dine out or get room service (which was excellent). Also, there is no causal coffee shop or place to grab a yoghurt at all, so you do feel the need to plan your meals more formally if you’re not into room service. Overall, in the off-season, if you’re looking for a place to hole up and relax, then Tucker’s Point is a perfect option. In the summer, it’s an excellent option all around if you can manage the price.

Room Tip: Villas are quite far from the manor house, so are very private. Manor house rooms are beautiful and...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SouthernCross99
Duncan_Graham_RTP, General Manager at Rosewood Tucker's Point, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to express how much you love Bermuda and Rosewood Tucker's Point. We are so glad that you have been able to experience our resort and we also very much appreciate your feedback and will look into all of your suggestions. Please let me know if I can personally assist with anything in the future and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton Parish
Cambridge Beaches
Cambridge Beaches
#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,053 reviews

Been to Rosewood Tucker's Point? Share your experiences!