My wife, my 2 yr old daughter, and myself stayed at the Grotto Bay Beach Resort during the 1st weekend of May. The only morning flight available was at 7am, which means we had to wake up at 4am, and we arrived at Grotto Bay Resort at 10am. Every hotel I been too all have a 3pm check-in. But, I never had to wait until 3pm to check-in! The people at the first desk didn't seem to care we had to wait for 5 hours for a room. They just said, "check-in is 3pm". What made it worse is the hotel is on a steep hill. So we had to go up and down the very steep steps several times to get items from our luggage. The only "changing room" were the bathrooms by the pool. We eventually got our room at 3:15pm, even though they kept saying, "3pm check-in is guaranteed." From the very beginning we knew we were never going back to Grotto Bay Resort.
Even though we were extremely unhappy with the customer service, we didn't let it spoil our trip. Here our some of my thoughts about the resort:
As stated above, the resort is on a steep hill. Our room was at the top of the hill. The pool/beach is at the bottom. Not fun, especially with a small child.
The lobby and room were average quality/size. We had a nice ocean view.
The air conditioner and refrigerator were loud at night.
The concierge were helpful. They gave us maps, bus schedule, and activities to do.
The pool was small, but heated.
We had breakfast and lunch at the resort. The food was average. We had dinner elsewhere.
The mojitos from the bar were good.
The caves on-site were very cool.
The water was calm and beautiful, but very cold.
We traveled to St George (15 min away), and Hamilton (20 - 30 min away). Both locations were ok. The main attractions were shopping and restaurants.
We also traveled to the aquarium/zoo. This was a nice place to visit with a child.
Our last visit was to the Horseshoe Bay Beach.
Overall, this was an average place to visit. My wife and I prefer Club Med, on an island with warmer water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service resort nestled amid 21 acres along the water's edge featuring three restaurants, two bars, water sports, dive shop, tennis facilities, cycle livery, three beaches, children's playground as well as our unique Natura Spa located in one of our Grottos. Resort features Room only, Breakfast Plan, Breakfast and Dinner Plan as well as All Inclusive Supplement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Destinology, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grotto Bay Beach Hotel Hamilton Parish
- Grotto Bay Bermuda
- Hotel Grotto Bay Beach
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort Bermuda
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa Bermuda, Caribbean