“A very special place”

Price range: US$70 - US$85
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The best fine dining in Bermuda
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We loved The Point Restaurant and Terrace. Although we had been cautioned that the service was pretentious, that was not the case. We were looked after very well and were made to feel most welcome. My husband and I had the five course tasting menu with wine pairing which was fabulous; I'm still thinking about that hummus crusted lamb. The service, food, the view and the atmosphere were faultless. The Point was not more expensive than Cafe Lido at Elbow beach or Beau Rivage. We loved it and will go back.

2  Thank Jacqueline35

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were in the bar offering both the restaurant menu and bar. The service was faultless from all of the waiting staff, in particular Camille (?). The burger cooked to perfection. Good size portions. Definitely go again and again!

1  Thank sarahelt
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We (or I) was not appropriately dressed, so we were not allowed in the main restaurant for our reservation. We at in the bar area which was very nice anyway. We came with two kids and the commotion that comes with that so probably better that way.

The hotel building was amazing and worth seeing alone. Having a meal booked gives you a chance to go in. The waiter even held the baby so that my wife could eat - I have never seen that before! Honestly the service really is that good. It is a very posh place indeed. We had the gombey burger, one of the best I've ever had, and we live in manhattan. Curries salmon, fantastic. Even my sons kids pizza was delicious, I got a taste as I fed him. Pricey but fair value for the true quality.

1  Thank Kingsizebossman
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Excellent food and very friendly staff. The original murals on the walls depicting its seafaring colonial heritage provide a warm and distinctive atmosphere of reminiscence. The food is not too expensive but choose your wines with care as there are some curious anomalies.

2  Thank SaxyKK
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Dress up for an evening out at this elegant restaurant.
Excellent food, service, wine list, etc. Great for a special occasion.