“The resort was nothing short of perfect, and our trip was made so by their fantastic staff”
Review of Cambridge Beaches

Cambridge Beaches
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sandys Parish
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Our trip to Bermuda was a dream, and the staff and grounds at Cambridge Beaches helped make that dream come true. Everyone was polite, pleasant, and helpful, especially in the Tamarisk Restaurant. I have many food allergies and was resigned to skipping dinner. The restaurant staff, Upul in particular, were committed to making a special meal catering to my dietary needs.
We were there off season, so it was rather quiet (which actually was perfect), but the staff was all the more vigilant, and every turn around every corner still managed to present a perfect picture. The resort was nothing short of perfect, and our trip was made so by their fantastic staff.
We've already begun to plan our next trip...

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ASEH_10
There are newer reviews for Cambridge Beaches

Reviewed 1 March 2011

Spent a week at Cambridge Beaches departing 22nd February 2011. 5* food, 5* service and 5* friendliness from all the staff go with a ‘5*’ location, a superb resort setting with stunning views on a beautiful island. Lovely colonial feel to the place enhanced by the afternoon teas ! Full marks to Richard and his team from us. Recent $$$ has made the outdoor pool / decking area into a welcoming and sheltered relaxation area which despite its newness, bolts onto and blends with the colonial style buildings. Our recommendation ... take the rate inclusive of evening meals (fine quality, variety and value in comparison with costs of meals in outside restaurants).

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I have been to Bermuda a few times, but my trip to Cambridge Beaches made it one of my new favorites. The Island is visually stunning with it's pastel hued homes with their snow-white roofs, turquoise seas, and lush vegetation -- and the people we met were warm and lovely. There is alot to do right in the area (Sandy's Parish) -- great hiking trails / dive shops / little villages to explore -- essentially something for everyone. The 2 resorts I visited in the past were a bit stuffy - but Cambridge is the total opposite. The moment I checked in right on to the end of my stay the team at Cambridge seemed genuinely committed to making sure I relaxed, reconnecected with my partner, and enjoyed my visit. We booked a Pool Suite -- loads of privacy and killer ocean views -- but I think most of the cottages have great ocean views. We also had a large bath (jacuzzi) with a walk-in 4-head shower (heaven) all trimmed out in beautiful neutral hued hardwoods and travertine. I booked a spa treatment which I think was the defining moment in my trip. As opposed to an overly formal spa with the same old treatments, Cambridge offers unique services like this cool crystal relaxation suite and much more. Our treatment was just for couples -- time in the wet sauna with my partner and I completing treatments on each other in total privacy -- follwed by a couples massage (this time with a masseuse) in a private treatment suite. It's been a long, long, long time since I have had such an emotional connection with a resort -- and was so saddened to leave -- But I know I can go back, and absolutely intend to.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScottStPeteFL
Reviewed 21 February 2011

We got married there 5 years ago, bringing 24 people with us for a week. We have been back every year for our anniversity since. The food has slipped, especailly the beef. The main dinnning room needs a makeover, and the pool area needs some attention.The lounge which used to have live music on the weekends, now has a pool table which you must pay for with quarters.And the kicker is the price has gone up every year, including a trip for Sept, 2011, which I just got the increase prices. It is just not worth at this point, the prices that are being charged.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gerald52798
simba53, Owner at Cambridge Beaches, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2011

We are always saddened when return guests, and in particular those who were married at Cambridge Beaches, are not happy with the changes we continue to make. We have put a pool table in the bar, because that is what guests were asking for and we are experimenting with it to see if it meets with approval, before we buy one ourselves. We have already made changes to our Tamarisk Restaurant and I would love to hear where our new pool facility needs attention.
I checked the rates paid by these guests and they have actually paid less each year since 2007! I understand that September 2010, we extended very, very special rates, considerably under previous years and that comparing 2011 prices to the 2010 special deals may seem like a big jump but the reality, aside from those special deals, we have not increased rates for 2 years! And, we have not yet announced any specials for the September period on!
Many, many thanks for your high ratings and I think you may be delighted with the changes we are making to our culinary offerings this year
Mike Winfield CEO

Reviewed 19 February 2011

We stayed for 5 nights in June 2010. the 1st room they put us in was tired, worn and in dire need of repair and renovation. The bathroom was worn and dirty, to the extent that there was a brown ring around the inside of the tub. And, we saw several large cockroaches in the bathroom! The room was not up to par for the price ($900 per night!), so we went to the front desk to request another room. They said they were full, and the best they could do for us was to move us to a newly renovated room after our 3rd night. The room that they moved us to after enduring 3 nights appeared to have been recently renovated, and we were happy with it.

The hotel seems to have a lot of repeat customers, and it appeared that they gave preference to repeat customers in giving them the renovated rooms. The old, non-renovated rooms appears to go to first-timers. So beware!

Will definitely NOT go to this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pylorusArlington_Ma

Every challenge any guest experiences at Cambridge Beaches is always investigated in detail. We have not achieved such a high return rate by ignoring comments. And certainly, we do recognise the loyalty of our return guests, but let me be very, very clear, they do not get preference on room selection other than, because they have been before, they know the rooms they like and with most of our rooms being different, they have worked out which one appeals to them, most. This is always a very personal selection.
I wonder why it took almost 8 months for this review to be written? More importantly, why they did not voice those complaints while here. I see they did say they would like to move but the reasons given to us were very different than in this review. I would fire any person that allowed a room to be on arrival with a "brown ring" and with our rigid inspection process, I don't believe it was or is, possible. However, 8 months later, it is impossible for us to verify.
Contrary to the report, these guests actually only stayed in their first room for two nights and the other room, which they say were happy with, for three nights.
And the price they quote, included room, taxes, gratuities, breakfast, tea and dinner for two people. I don't know where these guest have stayed before but to get all of that for the price seems pretty good value to me!
Finally, we are a semi tropical island, if you leave doors and windows open, you may get insects come in. Luckily in Bermuda we have no mosquitoes or other stinging insects but we do have, now and again, flying cockroaches - these are very different from the german roaches you may get in the USA and do not reflect in any way, the state of cleanliness.
Please if you are coming to Cambridge Beaches and ever have the slighted challenge, tell us immediately. It's crazy to be unhappy and not tell us! We are completely focussed on having every guest leave, determined to return to us and our return rate suggests we are doing pretty well in that regard.
Mike Winfield CEO

Reviewed 8 February 2011

We had a need of a short "get away from the family trip" so we went to Cambridge Beaches for a long weekend in January. We knew being way off season there would not be a lot of activities going on but we found what we were looking for here. The grounds are beautiful, the help is very friendly and we found the service to be excellent. It is one of the pricier places to stay (food and lodging) but it is top notch.
One thing to remember is that it is a ways off the beaten path. It will take an hour taxi ride from the airport and 30 - 45 minutes to get to Hamilton. If you just want a quiet getaway this is a great place to go.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cblchief
Reviewed 11 January 2011

We arrived at Cambridge Beaches in the dark to a very warm welcome. After a traditional cocktail and warm refreshing towels we were taken to our rooms on a hillside. We were delighted with the quality and ambiance of the cottage-style accomodation. With it being the festive period, there was a picture of a roaring log fire on the TV accompanied by Christmas carols.

When we woke up the next morning, it was the first time we saw the location in daylight. It was stunningly beautiful. The cottages had large bay windows and a balcony with loungers and tables that looked out onto a magnificient bay. Throughout our stay our cottages were kept to a very high standard.

The Tamarisk restaurant, where breakfast and dinner were served, was excellent on multiple accounts. The breakfast was a brilliant buffet with a variety of hot and cold food from different cuisines. Whilst the dinner menu was small, the quality of the food was first rate. The staff of the restaurant were perhaps the hotel's greatest asset. Polite and professional at all times, yet with a personal approach they made every meal a pleasure.

We felt valued as guests throughout our stay, with the attentive service equally high on the day we left as when we arrived. The resort lacks sufficient activities during winter for anyone looking for a more active holiday, but for rest and relaxation, it would be very difficult to beat.

I have a family with two old teenagers, and they enjoyed the stay just as much as my husband and I did. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to both families and couples alike who appreciate the finer things in life.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
#2 of 2 in Hamilton Parish
The Reefs
The Reefs
#2 of 3 in Southampton Parish

Been to Cambridge Beaches? Share your experiences!