We just got back from 4 days at Cambridge. We have been to Bermuda before, but have never stayed here. It's really a wonderful spot. I read the reviews and was thinking we might not be 100% happy, but that was not the case. it's fabulous! Great room - clean, fresh. Housekeeping was available, but not underfoot. Linens & towels are high quality. Breakfast was terrific, and included. Lunch at the beach is really good, with unique menu choices. Staff was completely accommodating, without exception. We had a questionable item on our bill at checkout, and they took it right off - no problem. Nice gym. We did not use the pool since the beach was so nice, but it looks great.
If I had to find room for imporvement, these are the things I would suggest:
1 - Towels at the beach ran out frequently. they were replenished, but it took a while and I had to ask.
2 - The hotel does not offer a shuttle, or any transport to/from the airport other than a taxi. taxi is $50+ each way - Sundays are more. I know that other hotels in the area do offer some transportation, so you might want to keep this in mind.
3 - The dinner in the restaurant was only mediocre. Service was really great, but the food was just OK. Nothing special at all, and only 5 choices for an entree. We ordered an "inexpensive" bottle of wine and our bill was $180 for 2 of us. Neither of us finished our meal. I would not balk at the bill if the food was amazing. It wasn't. We did not eat there again, but chose to go elsewhere.
Overall, it was really a wonderful trip and we would go again. The 3 things I mention in no way diminished the great visit we had at Cambridge. Just for consideration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with seekda GmbH, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish