This was our second trip to Bermuda, and our first to Cambridge Beaches. Bermuda is as wonderful an island as we remembered, and our stay at Cambridge Beaches was a great experience. We had an oceanfront suite with a terrific view of the sunsets, and the room overall was very nice, if a bit dated. Service was prompt and attentive, especially at the beach, where the mango daiquiris were among the best we've had. The beaches were beautiful, although a bit small. Long Bay Beach is the best by far, but it gets quite sunny in the afternoon. The beach below the pool is very small but provides a respite from the sun in the late afternoon. If you're going purely for the beaches, this might not be the place for you, but if you want a quiet, private, no-kids stay, Cambridge Beaches is a great choice. Overall the restaurants were quite good, if not necessarily memorable. We used the resort shuttle to go to and from the dockyards, where we had an enjoyable afternoon and also caught the ferry to Hamilton. We were not bothered by the remote location of CB, as cabs were plentiful and it was easy to get where we wanted to go. Considering what a rental car would have cost (you can only rent mopeds in Bermuda - no private cars for tourists) we probably didn't spend that much more. We would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish