1,255 results
All reviews indoor pool long bay turtle cove putting green dinner on the beach main beach the cottages repeat guests jet ski water view the main dining room the atlantic ocean our honeymoon peace and quiet other resorts off season motor boat
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We just returned from a 4-night stay at Cambridge Beaches (CB). This was a return stay for us, having first visited in May 2016.

Due to Hurricane Florence, CB was extra quiet and we upgraded to a Private Pool Oceanview Suite, up on the cliffs. That balcony and pool, just WOW! What an incredible room with a beautiful pool and amazing views!! The room itself was similar to how we remembered it, and was tastefully done with an island flair including shades of lime green and hot pink.

Our only complaint is the food (hence the 4-Star vs 5-Star rating). We’ve traveled the Caribbean and stayed at many 5-Star resorts, and the food has always been impressive. The food at CB is decent for breakfast and lunch on the beach, but the dinners were overpriced and nothing special. (If you venture into Hamilton, we did have 2 great dinners there - Devil’s Isle and Pearl). We opted for room service one evening, and that was better than the dinner we had at Breezes.

The free CB shuttle to the Dockyard is great (although we remembered it running later in the day the last time we stayed at CB)! We took advantage and then took the ferry to Hamilton.

We love Bermuda, and have great memories at CB of this last trip (especially of that private pool ocean view!), but we’re looking forward to trying out a few of the other resorts when we return.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Cambridge-Management, General Manager at Cambridge Beaches, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Julie R
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that your enjoyed the resort, especially our Private Pool Ocean View Cottage. We only have 3 and they are always in hot demand - your own private plunge pool and amazing views you can't beat that.

It is concerning to me that you did not enjoy your evening meals in our restaurants and I would like to find out more, so I can discuss it with our Executive Chef. Please email us with a phone number or email address so our Resort Manager can discuss your issues personally, so that we can better our offerings.

I am pleased that you found Bermuda to be your home away from home, and even though we understand that you would like to experience different hotels, I hope that one day you will return to Cambridge Beaches.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For many years back when, my family and I used to travel to Bermuda quite often. My mother got married there, we would spend Christmasses there as well. Bermuda was sort of like our second home. We used to stay at Horizons in the small cottages. It was a special place, but sadly that closed down many years back. Since then, my parents have gone around to different hotels, and we always come back to Cambridge beaches. The grounds are beautiful, and all have a relaxing laid-back feel, while still being elegant. The beach is small but lovely and secluded. The water is like bath water. Breakfast is outstanding and so were the dinners. We also especially loved high tea in the afternoons. This review is making me think we need to return sometime soon. Always enjoy our stay here. It's a special place.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cally627

Dear Cally627
I am delighted to hear that we have been part of so many journeys that you've taken. I hope that you will stay with us several times more on your next trips. Our staff are always ready to welcome you home. Thank you for your loyalty and trust.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We researched all the hotels on the island. If like the water Nd beaches then this is the place. They have a beautiful beach on the bay and amazing little coves and beaches on the other side. Beautiful water only matched by BVI. The hotel was nice. Rooms a bit dated but adequate. Service was good. Some staff seem annoyed to deal with you but many are friendly. The food was very good. The private candle light beach dinner was spectacular! You sit alone in a private cove. Easy ferry ride into town. Many good restaurants close by taxi. I would go back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Greg V
Thank you for taking time to review Cambridge Beaches and for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one and that we will be your top choice when you visit Bermuda again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We stayed here for 7 days over labor day weekend. The grounds and views are beautiful. You have expansive ocean views on all 3 sides. Long Bay Beach was by far our favorite-very calm and crystal clear waters. Loved the anchored floats provided by the hotel-GREAT IDEA!!! We had an amazing view from our Ocean View Deluxe room which I highly recommend. The main issue was customer service at the pool. It was practically non-existant. There were also too few lounge chairs in that area so it left us having to sit at a table to take in the sun. Some of the front desk staff also seemed non interested and un-enthusiastic about being there. The bellmen and room service were exceptional though and made our trip much more enjoyable.The food was also delicious. Despite a few issues, we would definatley come back!

Room Tip: Choose a ocean view deluxe room for amazing sunset views
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Foodieforu68

Dear Foodieforu68
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that overall your experience was positive. I am disappointed to hear that our front desk team seemed disinterested. I will bring this to the attention of our management team as this critical feedback will be used in training our staff.

Thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Understated elegance and sophistication. Idyllic setting on a spectacular beach. The staff is amazing, the guest rooms are wonderfully appointed, and the food is excellent. The Resort went above and beyond to arrange a special event for our family.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank andysallie1

Dear andysallie1
Thank you for your review and for choosing Cambridge Beaches. I appreciate your positive feedback about our resort. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can.

I hope welcome you back on a return trip one day soon.