My wife and I spent five days at Cambridge Beaches in June 2007. It was our eighth trip. Obviously, we are fans of Cambridge Beaches. However, I understand why some here are disappointed. It is not a Ritz-Carlton type experience. I’d summarize CB as a 6-star location with 4-star service. Averages out to 5-star.
The staff is fine, but they are not the highly trained group that one would expect at a top hotel in New York or London. The food is very good, but, again, not up to the standards of the top restaurants
in a major city. This island is the third most isolated in the world.
Staffing for dinner is too light – they need about three more wait staff for the evening meal. Breakfast and lunch service is fine.
Cambridge Beaches is serenity. It is a place you go when you want to unwind and, as a general rule, not do much more than enjoy the beach,
pool, and an occasional stroll all while enjoying great comfort. The setting is absolutely sublime….this is what you are paying for in abundance. It is absolutely beautiful. But, there is zero night life and little excitement of any type. If you are looking for excitement or a wild evening on-the-town, go somewhere else.
Having said that, one is well advised to insist of getting one of the recently remodeled rooms. The rooms that have not been remodeled are definitely 3-star. The remodeled rooms are great. As of June 2007, the Westerly and Longtail cottage rooms (suite and double rooms) are beautiful. Very private, and have great ocean views. Westerly Suite is probably the best. The “pool suites” are also remodeled, but, for us, having a small private swimming pool (very small) is not worth the premium. Avoid cottages in very close proximity to the main building.
We will be back to CB soon…but it is not very everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish