“Good Eats and nice company” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bone Fish Bar & Grill
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, View, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Detroit, Michigan
“Good Eats and nice company”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

It was a nice place open air would have been especially nice if it were warm being that it sat right on the Atlantic Ocean, but it had role down plastic shades. The food was nice and good size portions and the wait staff was nice also. A special treat we meet the Owner who was hanging out with his son he was very personable.

Visited December 2013

Bermuda
“Great food and Great Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We went to bonefish on New Year's day. It was a gorgeous day! Sat outside and had a great lunch. The caesar salad was excellent and the fettucini alfredo was to die for. There were a good group of locals sitting at the bar outside so we joined them. The view of the ocean was spectacular. The service was excellent, quick and the servers were attentive. The drinks were quick to come and the bartender was fun and happy. The staff were eager to please us and take care of us. Was an awesome day.
Will definitely return to BoneFish

• Visited January 2014
Long Beach, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant last night - Jan. 1, 2014. First, our waitress couldn't tell us what the heart symbol next to various menu items meant. When I asked what the heart meant, she just replied, "It's a sign." When I asked what the sign meant, she just gave me a dumbfounded look and managed to utter, "It just means it's a main course." I questioned her again because the heart was next to dessert items, appetizers, not just main course meals; she still couldn't answer so I just gave up.

Then, I accidentally spilled my glass of water, and I told the waitress but no one cleaned it up.

We ordered menu items that had a heart symbol next to them, assuming the heart meant favorites: the jerk chicken and fish n chips. Both were really, really bad. They tasted worse than microwaveable dinners. We paid 66 dollars for these meals ( which is a lot to us), but we couldn't even finish our dishes because they were that bad.

This place is bad! I so wouldn't recommend this place!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mi Jin K
Gordon R, Owner at Bone Fish Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Mi Kin K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at my restaurant. First and fore most I have spoken to the manager on duty that day and he has asked me to express his sincerest apologies for any short comings with regards to the service aspect you may have experienced during your visit. We did have a new server that day who is completing her on the job training, although not an excuse just a fact. With regards to your comments on the food, I take pride in all my restaurants, especially the kitchen. Which I cook in every day, so I can assure you the food is a very high standard set by me, so I find it very hard to accept your comments about the food, quit often first impressions or moods can affect good things in a negative way, but of course we always accept constructive criticism, that’s how we improve.
At Bone Fish and our two sister restaurants we strive to make all our valued customers have a great memorable experience, unfortunately this time it seems we did not achieve our professional service level that we are renowned for, however you will have seen from the previous comments from visitors and local customers alike we have provided great experiences to many in the past.
We are very proud of our product at Bone fish and our two other very successful restaurants in providing fresh local produce and have a very good reputation for doing so.

Regards

Livio Ferigo
Chef/ owner/director
Miami Beach, Florida
“Nice spot at the Dockyard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Stopped at the restaurant after a visit to the Dockyard. We had a fish sandwich and fries that was surprisingly good (best fish sandwich I had in Bermuda). The servings were quite big and the service was fast and friendly. Could not leave without having a few swizzles there as well (we got the souvenir glasses to take home).

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Great local flavor!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Bone Fish Bar and Grill is not hard to find - the restaurant has a sprawling lawn overlooking the marina - with tables and tents. After shopping nearby, I popped into the restaurant during a brief rainstorm. What I found was a very friendly and engaging atmosphere - from the bartenders, to the waiters to the owner. I asked for their suggestions and ended up trying the Rum Swizzle (best on the island!) and the Bermuda Fish Chowder. Fantastic. Had some great conversations with the folks there - everyone was very friendly!

The restaurant itself was extremely busy with tourists and locals. The local patrons were all greeted by name, and often ordered "the usual" for lunch - in one case, the Fish Chowder.

Cozy, unpretentious ambiance with attentive service and great local flavor. If you're traveling to Bermuda - this was a great spot for lunch.

• Visited June 2013