“Great certification and dive experience!!!”

Blue Water Divers & Watersports Ltd
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Blue Water Divers and Watersports, Bermuda - we are under new ownership as of June 2012; we celebrated our one-year anniversary on 15 June 2013. We have worked hard over the past year to improve our presence on tripadvisor and other social media sites - we recognize that dive travelers are doing their research and choosing the places that best suit their needs, while focusing on the highest ratings in customer service. We run two-tank morning and one-tank afternoon trips on our 36 foot purpose-built Newton dive boat. We offer a full range of PADI courses, up to and including Assistant Instructor ratings. Please check out our website for details. If we can help in any way with planning your dives, please give us a call or contact us through our website. New transport option! WATER TAXI Bookings - for cruise passengers in Dockyard, or anyone close to Hamilton, we can book the new water taxi for you, which will pick you up and bring you directly to Robinson's Marina, and then run you back again after the dive boat gets back in. The price is similar to catching a regular taxi, and it's by far the best way to travel around Bermuda :) All the best - Chris Gauntlett | Owner/Operator | Blue Water Divers & Watersports, Bermuda
Bernardsville, New Jersey, Usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great certification and dive experience!!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I've visited Bermuda a number of times in the past and have done "Lesson Dives" with BWD about 5 times or so. Each time the staff asked why I don't just get certified already?!?

Well - this time I made a special trip to the island to do just that. I flew in from Northen NJ and spent 3 days one-on-one with Martin (one of their Instructors) doing my pool time and open-water dives. I have been a CPR and EMS Instructor in NJ for 15+ years and know how difficult it can be to Instruct such an intense subject in a realitively short period of time. Especially material that ultimately has peoples lives in your hands.

I did all of the PADI eLearning on-line at home and all of the practical water and equipment excercises with Martin in BDA. Let me tell you something - I can't begin to explain how good he was at this. He was patient, clear, concise and constructive. He had every good quality a teacher of any subject should have without any of the bad ones. The result was the best learning experience of my life and a PADI Open Water Certification.

It doesn't stop there though. The entire Dive Team (Owner Chris, Ina and Tom) were all great. They new when to have fun and knew when it was time to get down to business. Safety was a priority and their knowledge of the island and dive sites was incredible.

I look forward to diving with BWD in the near future!!!

Phil

1 Thank Phil O

Waterloo, Iowa, Usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Crew to dive with!! Would go back again!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I took our 4 check out dives on our honeymoon out of the somerset location with Captain Chris and his crew Martin and Tom. Couldn't of had a better time! Martin was our awesome instructor very informative and helpful the whole way. Thanks again guys!! Hope to be back soon.

1 Thank Brandon N
New York City, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Nothing to Write Home About - But Okay.”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This was my first time diving with this operations...on balance, they were fairly average.

Although the shop is a bit rustic, you can't judge a book by it's cover. The staff was personable and pleasant and the boat captain made it a point to ensure everyone had exactly what they needed to make the dives. I forgot my own dive booties during this trip and I asked the shop if they had a pair I can rent. They did not have a supply in stock, but did provide a pair of open toe fins to rent.

The boat was a bit crowded but adequate and the crew asked me if I had any request for a dive site. Kudos to the captain for taking us to my requested sites. I did, however, expect the staff to give me the option for them to set up my equipment versus me doing it myself. Instead I was told to setup my own equipment and not given an option at all...a slip of service touch.

The dive briefings were very thorough and good attention to details around safety. The second dive was within a five minute ride from the first. Albeit both dives were shallow I felt we were a bit rushed into the second dive...which is why I took my time for the surface interval.

2 Thank E W
Blue Water Dive... B, Owner at Blue Water Divers & Watersports Ltd, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
We have been expecting this review.

The gentleman was rude and non-communicative from the booking stage (over the phone) right through until he left the shop at the end of the dives. All of the crew and some customers complained about his behavior. On several instances of being asked if he needed assistance or if everything was okay, his replies were essentially non-verbal.

It is not our policy to leave people to set up their own gear. If he feels he was not offered the choice, that is not what should have happened - however he may well have been offered the choice several times based on the number of times I personally asked him if he needed assistance and received a grunt for a reply. On one occasion, before the boat left the dock, I specifically asked him if he needed help setting up but he was sitting with headphones on and did not bother to take them off - he simply shook his head and said nothing.

The boat was busy but not full on that day. We did go out of our way to accommodate his request.

The surface interval was short - between two 35 foot dives. The intent was to offer longer dive times. It was more than enough of an interval, the water is not cold at this time of year, and there was additional time during the site briefing - when, even though everyone was asked to come downstairs to listen to it, he did not bother to do so. He inconvenienced other divers by causing a delay.

He is no longer welcome to dive with us.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great wreck dive and jet ski”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Awesome learn to dive. So impressed that we came back the next day and jet skied. Guides were great. Lesson was well done.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Majorandrew
Larchmont, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Still a Good Experience After 20 Years!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The first time I experienced diving was with Blue Water Divers almost 20 years ago. I was in college and my father enrolled himself, my sister and I to get certified. We had a great experience. Fast forward to 2013... I came back with my husband for a fun and simple dive. I haven't kept up with my certificate and my husband was never certified so I took the lesson and dive. Although under new ownership, I still felt in good hands. Captain Chris and his crew were a fun bunch that helped us every step of the way. Anastasia was our personal guide and was great. She took her time getting us ready per-dive and watched us like a hawk underwater. I always felt safe and comfortable. We used all their equipment, which worked well. We saw a lot of fish and had a great time.

Visited August 2013