“Great diving place”

Blue Water Divers & Watersports Ltd
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Blue Water Divers and Watersports, Bermuda - we are under new ownership as of June 2012; we celebrated our one-year anniversary on 15 June 2013. We have worked hard over the past year to improve our presence on tripadvisor and other social media sites - we recognize that dive travelers are doing their research and choosing the places that best suit their needs, while focusing on the highest ratings in customer service. We run two-tank morning and one-tank afternoon trips on our 36 foot purpose-built Newton dive boat. We offer a full range of PADI courses, up to and including Assistant Instructor ratings. Please check out our website for details. If we can help in any way with planning your dives, please give us a call or contact us through our website. New transport option! WATER TAXI Bookings - for cruise passengers in Dockyard, or anyone close to Hamilton, we can book the new water taxi for you, which will pick you up and bring you directly to Robinson's Marina, and then run you back again after the dive boat gets back in. The price is similar to catching a regular taxi, and it's by far the best way to travel around Bermuda :) All the best - Chris Gauntlett | Owner/Operator | Blue Water Divers & Watersports, Bermuda
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I was staying at Cambridge Beaches and they recommended Blue Water Divers. Old reviews were negative, but since Chris bought the place it seemed great.

That was true, very nice operation, great attitude, very friendly. I did several days of diving and one day as the rest of the divers were less experienced, Chris set a divemaster just for me to dive inside a great wreck. What an experience. Chris repeated a solo dive with me just to do fun stuff and hunt for lion fishes.

On the boat you can be helped at 100% to set your gear or not based on how you want it. No push, no ignorance, just the perfect blend of great service.

Chris' team was very friendly and knowledgeable about the dives. I really like diving with them.

One on the best diving operation I have seen.

All reviews
"guys were great"
"underwater adventure"
"wreck site"

Reviewed 2 November 2013

3 dive guides, all instructors, shared between 10 divers, so an excellent ratio. Helpful and informative staff. Interesting wreck of Sea Venture close to pretty reef, followed by lovely reef dive with pretty swim through. I'm an instructor myself and the staff are all highly experienced and professional, but fun and welcoming.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Quality dive shop that puts safety first. I was staying at the Pompano Beach Club and the staff referred me to Blue Water Divers. The resort provides free transportation to the marina and is quick to pick you up afterwards. I really enjoyed Captain Chris and his crew. I did a two tank morning dive with them. I thought the quality of their equipment, vessel and satff professionalism was worthy of praise. Dive briefings were thorough and covered all the necessary information needed. Both the ship wreck "Hermes" and the second dive on a rock formation were really nice. In speaking with Chris, I mentioned that I had lost a snorkle while on the island. My wife and another couple were waiting for me back at the resort. As a going away gift, he tossed me an old snorkle. It was a very nice gesture and genuinely appreciated. His act of kindness allowed me to take the group out later that day to swim over some reefs.

I plan to be back in Bermuda next September and will be booking no less than three (maybe four) morning two tank dives. Thank you for the great experience and service.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Novice diver with one bad experience of a beach dive in Spain I was a little nervous having a lesson in the open water. I have to say that this was an experience of a lifetime, and I managed to have not one, but two superb dives on two different wrecks, the North Carolina a 19c cargo ship wrecked off the coast of Bermuda and secondly a B29 cargo plane that crashed in 1963 with the loss of one life, the pilot who appears to have stayed with the plane. So having said all that which sounds pretty impressive as I type it, you have to know that this was my first real dive, and I just cant believe what I managed to achieve with two other 'novice' divers from North Carolina on their honeymoon. From the outset the dive team, Chris, Ina, Martin and Marie where professional, friendly, informative and so attentive to everyone on the boat. From the experts, who all seemed to get on with their business of putting everything in its place and attaching tubes to all sorts of things that made no sense to me, down to me and my new found friends who like me wanted to know the basics, are there sharks and will I sink! The informative briefing to all on the boat was followed by one to one from the instructors Marie and Chris whose delivery was informative yet relaxed with an injection of humour to alley any fears. The dive site was about an hours journey just enough time for all the kit to be explained and safety briefings delivered. We were to have one on one instructors in effect, Marie and Ina, jumping off the boat was a little scary but knowing that one instructor was in the water and one behind was comforting, they were controlling everything. Descending was a problem for me as I have problems equalizing my ears and this is painful, Ina went with me inch by inch literally, until we got to the sea bed by which time the pain had gone, behind was Marie who constantly checked on how I was feeling, the OK sign was used in abundance! The dive itself was unbelievable and hard to describe on paper, check out the pictures on their site! The whole experience lasted 40 minutes I'm told, however it felt like 10. Back on the boat excited stories were shared then it was a short trip to the second site, this time the plane wreckage an eerie if not sad sight but stunningly preserved, again photos tell the tale. This was a shallower dive so no repeat of my ear problem. Then back to shore with a happy and contented group. The whole experience from start to finish was wonderful I cant praise the team of Chris Ina Martin and Marie enough, if you have ever wondered, shall I give scuba diving a go this is the place, even as the winter draws close I am sure that there will be some perfect days, just like the one I had. Well done Blue Water you are truly a gem in Bermuda.

1  Thank bermudatriangle_13