“Better use Blue Water Diver's when in Bermuda!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Water Divers & Watersports Ltd

Blue Water Divers & Watersports Ltd
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Blue Water Divers and Watersports, Bermuda - we are under new ownership as of June 2012; we celebrated our one-year anniversary on 15 June 2013. We have worked hard over the past year to improve our presence on tripadvisor and other social media sites - we recognize that dive travelers are doing their research and choosing the places that best suit their needs, while focusing on the highest ratings in customer service. We run two-tank morning and one-tank afternoon trips on our 36 foot purpose-built Newton dive boat. We offer a full range of PADI courses, up to and including Assistant Instructor ratings. Please check out our website for details. If we can help in any way with planning your dives, please give us a call or contact us through our website. New transport option! WATER TAXI Bookings - for cruise passengers in Dockyard, or anyone close to Hamilton, we can book the new water taxi for you, which will pick you up and bring you directly to Robinson's Marina, and then run you back again after the dive boat gets back in. The price is similar to catching a regular taxi, and it's by far the best way to travel around Bermuda :) All the best - Chris Gauntlett | Owner/Operator | Blue Water Divers & Watersports, Bermuda
Newark, New Jersey, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Better use Blue Water Diver's when in Bermuda!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I did three days of two tank open water dives. What a wonderful experience!The Dive Operator, Chris, was professional with a fast dive boat and helpful crew. The Dive Master was safety oriented and was good at finding animals and keeping track of his divers. The visibility was good but, almost great. This depends on the season, I dove the week of sept 19... We dove the Hermes, Mary Celeste and a third which I can't remember at this moment. Due to the fact that we were on a cruise ship I was hesitant on diving all three days but because of the water taxi and terminal location I had nothing to worry about. I had a great time and would recommend this dive operation to cruise ship passengers looking to get a taste of Bermuda's fabulous wrecks and Reefs.

Visited September 2013

Lakewood, California
“Friendliest Dive Shop in Bermuda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I cannot say enough about the experience that I had with Blue Water Divers. Chris and his staff were GREAT! I did the short hop from Cambridge Beaches Resort down To Somerset and had a great 2 tank Wreck and Reef Dive. I did not expect to dive one of the most famous wrecks in Bermuda, the Mary Celeste, but WE DID thanks to Chris.

There was a mix of 2 people doing a certification class, 2 folks doing a refresher course, and other 3 experienced divers (including myself). Plenty of space for everyone at all levels of diving.
Looking forward to going back and diving again with them! Highly recommended.

Oakton, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very accomodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We just got back from a cruise to Bermuda were we dived for 3 days with BWD. We saw some great wrecks and corals. But what most impressed us was that when we found out the day before our scheduled trip with them that the ship would not dock until an hour later than we had originally been told, they contacted the other divers on the trip and were able to push back the start time by an hour so we could still make the trip.

Dallas, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great diving place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I was staying at Cambridge Beaches and they recommended Blue Water Divers. Old reviews were negative, but since Chris bought the place it seemed great.

That was true, very nice operation, great attitude, very friendly. I did several days of diving and one day as the rest of the divers were less experienced, Chris set a divemaster just for me to dive inside a great wreck. What an experience. Chris repeated a solo dive with me just to do fun stuff and hunt for lion fishes.

On the boat you can be helped at 100% to set your gear or not based on how you want it. No push, no ignorance, just the perfect blend of great service.

Chris' team was very friendly and knowledgeable about the dives. I really like diving with them.

One on the best diving operation I have seen.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Professional and fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

3 dive guides, all instructors, shared between 10 divers, so an excellent ratio. Helpful and informative staff. Interesting wreck of Sea Venture close to pretty reef, followed by lovely reef dive with pretty swim through. I'm an instructor myself and the staff are all highly experienced and professional, but fun and welcoming.

Visited November 2013