We visited this lodge initially based on an offer on Bedandbreakfast.com that was hard to resist and supported by the great Tripadvisor reviews, and we weren't disappointed. The location is nicely secluded but close enough to Oakhurst to go for dinner. It's near the Wawona Yosemite entrance so there's quite a few places to hike and wander around that aren't very far away. Yosemite valley was an hour and a half away going by either entrance, since this is the time of year they do road repair. The hosts were very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was quite good. If we were going to be there for much longer, however, it would be nice to have a bit more variety of the main course. The room was quite large with a king sized bed. It had three non-adjustable heaters that you could individually turn either on or off, and a gas wall heater that did have a thermostat. Since the bed was in an upstairs loft, with somewhat limited air circulation, it was a bit of a challenge to cool it down at night as much as we like. Overall our stay was very comfortable and relaxing and I'd definitely recommend it to others, and we'll probably return again ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodging oasis centrally located between the Southern Entrance and Arch Rock Entrance of Yosemite National Park. 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and studios all with king or queen beds. Guest BBQs & Free WiFi. Sierra Mountain Lodge 45046 Fort Nip Trail, Ahwahnee Ca 93601 (559) 683-7673 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Sierra Mountain Lodge - Yosemite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Mountain Hotel Ahwahnee
- Sierra Mountain Lodge - Yosemite Ahwahnee, California