“Good for a quick overnight stay”
Review of HARRIS Hotel Tuban

HARRIS Hotel Tuban
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Tuban
Toronto
“Good for a quick overnight stay”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I was in Bali for several weeks and wanted to be close to the airport before my early flight out so I spent one night at the Harris in Tuban.

Pros
- close to the airport
- free airport shuttle
- good service
- clean

Cons
- no elevator and the rooms are far from reception
- you can smell smoke even in the non-smoking rooms
- there isn't too much around the hotel itself so you are basically stuck in the room unless you want to cab or walk a while into Kuta
- pool was dirty and no one would dare go in it

Overall if you need a place to stay for 1 night that is real close to the airport, this is your place.
I wouldn't really stay here for any other reason.

Room Tip: get a ground level room as close to reception area as you can to avoid having to walk real far.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank nmkjr
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
Dear nmkjr,

thank you for your time writing a review for HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.

I am very sorry that you had a dirty pool during your stay. You were staying when Bali was under a very bad weather and heavy rain. We were doing the best we could to clean the pool overnight to get clean water. I am truly apologize for that.

We are providing a free scheduled drop off service to surrounding point of interest during your stay. This service includes transfer service to Tuban beach, Kuta beach, Discovery Shopping Mall, and Beachwalk Bali. All of our Players are speaking English perfectly and they are more than happy to provide you all the information you need. Including, assisting you with your luggage so you don't have to carry your luggage.

I will share your comments to our Players, to let them know that they effort to make your visit a memorable one was, somehow, achieved with notes.

Thank you, once again, for your writings.

Andreas LALENOH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed 4 January 2013

As a seasoned traveller, you start to expect somewhat mediocre service; such was not the case at the Harris Hotel Tuban Bali. As soon as I had confirmed payment I was offered a glass of refreshing orange drink by a wonderful staff member. I went to my room, and was impressed at the cleanliness and quiet that the building had to offer.

The reason why I ranked the Harris so high is because I got sick during my stay and had to make my way to the hospital overnight. I left my belongings behind in the room and the next day I asked the manager and his team to put my things together for me and to hold them until I was discharged. Rezha, the manager, personally came to my hospital room twice to bring me my cash that was left behind and a pair of clean clothes. Not knowing anyone in the country, as it was my first time to Bali, I felt that I could rely on them. After getting out of the hospital they rushed me to the airport to help catch my flight. I couldn't be more grateful than the experience I had at the Harris. Thanks Rezha!

If you have a chance to stay at this hotel, you will be treated like family.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank sean d
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this review, 6 January 2013
Dear sean d,

thank you for your time reviewing HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.
I am very sorry for your unpleasant experience while you were in Bali.

Rezha is one of the best Players who always be willing to give an extra miles to the guest, and acting beyond his responsibilities. This is the culture we nurture at HARRIS Tuban.

I hope you have a good recuperation and looking forward welcoming you back @HARRISTuban in the future.

General Manager.
Western Australia
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We were looking for a clean and comfortable bed in a quiet hotel, as we were arriving late from Lombok and catching an early flight in the morning to Australia. The Harris location and price was ideal for this purpose. $68 without breakfast. They have smoking or non-smoking rooms.
Friendly and professional reception staff.
Functional room, good lighting, Comfortable bed. Unfortunately I will rate it as 90% clean because, when I turned the bedding to get into bed, I noticed the sheets had a stain which looked like it could not be removed. It was so obvious. The whiteness and crispness of the sheets meant they had come from a professional commercial laundry, but they obviously had not done the necessary spot clean. The housekeeper should have seen it and send it back. A bit disappointing.
The bathroom had everything you needed. The water was plentiful and hot.
Two mossies, which couldn't be help, but I sent them to paradise.
I did not appreciate the door bell. Some "not very nice" people decided to ring our door bell for fun and wake us up. (I used to love doing that as a child, so perhaps it was payback time).
The hotel has a free shuttle service to the airport. This was very much appreciated. Five minutes and we were there, in comfort.
Staying in this hotel was very convenient for us.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wobblywombats
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Dear wobblywombats,

Thank you for your valuable time reviewing HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali and I am glad you have enjoyed your stay during your transit visit from Lombok last month.

I have taken a note for your observation on bed linen cleanliness, and briefed Housekeeping team based on your comment accordingly.
Your comments and appreciation have been posted on Players' board for their knowledge too.

Many thanks for your comment and positive feedback.
I am looking forward welcoming you back @HARRISTuban in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Really like this property. It was the second time I have been there. Our flight got in late so I booked this to avoid the long queues getting out of the airport and up to Ubud/Seminyak etc.

The hotel is quiet, has lovely staff and is clean and tidy. Best of all the wifi works and is fast!

Room Tip: Avoid the chaos after your flight - in 15 minutes from getting out of the airport you can be in your...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zumayla
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this review, 25 November 2012
Dear zumayla,

thank you very much for your time on reviewing our HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.
And, we are honored by your loyalty by staying again at HARRIS Tuban. Our HARRIS Tuban Players will be more motivated that their training results a good comment.

Your tips to other traveller also is very useful. Bali International Airport Ngurah Rai is under extension to be ready for next year's very important conference in Bali.

I am looking forward welcoming you back @HARRISTuban in the future. Please email me for your next reservation so that we can arrange something special for you.

gm@harris-tuban-bali.com
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 November 2012

My visit to Bali, at that time, was a business trip for launching a telecommunication services to Bali area. We find this hotel through internet, based on our criteria as reasonable price, have location in the outskirt of tourist destination and the most important, is the hotel shall have a conference/ meeting room.
Well, this hotel is surprising us with its open and compact entrance, have a fibrant/ dinamic color scheme interior, all the staffs seems at young age and helpfull. The room, especially the one that facing the swimming pool at the 2nd floor is amazing with its transparent view to the outdoor, and by its small size bathroom but with compact design.
There is one problem while we stay, is the dining area which is so limitted, we hardly move while having breakfast, this is a typical of a "cheap" hotel's dining room, pls. management think other better solution...
But this hotel also has an additional point, a pedestrian food vendors that positioned not far from the hotel, serving Fried Rice, Satay and coffee/ tea nighly and our technical staff was really enjoy their overtime reporting work, by the support of this late night "cafe"..
We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, we will go back to Jakarta the next morning after a success launching mission at the last day, really hard to leave this hotel, and we will miss this hotel because of its warm welcome service..

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank arri136
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this review, 18 November 2012
Dear arri136,

thank you very much for your review, even though it is almost a year.
You point out a very important review.

We have a drawing in place and project to launch in the couple of months away from now to extend HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali to add more rooms, business facilities (including meeting rooms and wellness center), and HARRIS Cafe extension with larger area to the side.
We have great location (by the airport) and HARRIS Tuban is a great place to stay for business person like you are.

I am looking forward welcoming you back to @HARRISTuban again. And, wishing you a successful telecommunication service you had launched in Bali.

Cornwall
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We stayed here for our final night in Bali as we were leaving on an early flight.

The hotel is comfortable and clean and reasonably priced, including an airport transfer.

We booked a standard room, which had a comfortable bed, air con and clean bathroom with a good shower.

We were slightly disappointed with the restaurant/bar, which was basically in the reception lobby, and the menu was limited and expensive and the bar had nothing to offer except beer as the spirits had run out. Not a real issue as the location is close enough to Kuta beach to walk to some surrounding bars and restaurants. We ate and watched the sun go down at Envy which I would recommend for a meal and a cocktail at sunset.

Overall, could not fault the price, service and function of the hotel, but I do feel it would only really suit short stays or for people like us needing to be near the airport at unsociable hours.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Will D
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear Will D,

thank you very much for your time reviewing HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali. We really appreciate it.

HARRIS Cafe is a multi function Food and Beverage outlets in HARRIS Tuban, serves Indonesian and Western cuisine. We are in different segmentation with a full restaurant, but I assure you that among other hotel restaurants around the block, our price range and our food quality is competitive.
In regards to alcoholic (besides beer) menu, I am very sorry that we are unable to provide those at the moment because it is related to license that we must obtain first. The good news is in January 2013, our alcoholic license is ready.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and will share this comment to HARRIS Tuban Players.

Looking forward welcoming you back @HARRISTuban.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Although this hotel is small in size, this hotel is quite comfortable and offers a good value of money. It's clean, good size of room and friendly staff. Wi-fi connection is good and free of charge. About 20 minutes walk to Sogo and various money exchange

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Vincent H
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this review, 11 November 2012
Dear Vincent H,

thank you for your time reviewing HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali during your visit to Bali.
I will personally pass your good review to @HARRISTuban Players so that they will know that their service is appreciated.

I am looking forward welcoming you back to @HARRISTuban in the near future.

Andreas LALENOH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Novotel Bali Ngurah Rai Airport
Febri's Hotel & Spa
The Kana Kuta
The Kana Kuta
#8 of 250 in Kuta

Been to HARRIS Hotel Tuban? Share your experiences!