We stayed here with our 2 children aged 4 and 7, for 9 nights/ 10 days in a Studio Garden Access room (formerly known as Kid's Suite) in late October. In summary it was the best family holiday we have had in years.
The hotel has pretty much everything you could think of and is far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta to be quiet and oasis like, yet close enough that you get wherever you need to in a heartbeat.
Hotel airport pick up service was great. More expensive than a cab/ driver but worth it on arrival for peace of mind (still only $10USD). Holiday Inn sign waiting for us as soon as we disembarked in arrivals hall and whisked away to our car.
Only 7-10 mins from the aiport is also a godsend meaning you can be relaxing by the pool within 30 minutes of landing at the airport.
Checkin was extremely quick and efficient. Staff were very friendly and served us cold towels and welcome drinks on arrival. We arrived on time at about 2pm and our room was ready, clean and waiting for us.
Room itself was everything we expected. Clean, modern, plenty of space and privacy for parents away from the kids. These rooms, although smaller than the interconnecting family suites, are in a much nicer location in the resort, opening out onto gardens and looking straight out to the ocean. Very serene.
Complimentary bottles of drinking water x 4 in our room every day was great also.
As many others have said, the empty fridge in the room and the onsite shop/ mini mart is a great idea that we used constantly. Such great prices and so convenient. A large 1.5 litre bottle of water for example was 60 cents! Beers were $2 a bottle etc etc. Slightly higher than the Circle K down the road and a smaller selection but much more convenient.
Beds and pillows very comfortable. Only negative with the rooms was the air conditioning. It worked very well but was very noisy at night. We got used to it though so not really a big deal.
Bathroom set up is a little strange with an enormous open/ walk in shower with a bench seat (not quite sure what for) and this area becomes extremely slippery as the water doesn't drain away well after showers. Our little ones slipped over twice and hurt themsleves on the tiles as a result. Probably something management should look at. Nice to look at but not very practical/ safe.
Pools and grounds were stunning. Immaculately maintained, with workers pruning and watering all day every day. Pool bar and service was good and represented value for money. Cocktails were $9.50 AUD all day and half price at happy hour. Beers around $4 for Bintang or you could get a bucket of 4 Bali Hais for $13.
Breakfast was good and consistent. The egg ordering menus on your table were a great idea meaning no waiting in queues at the chef's station. Only downside really for us was the fruit. Not much variety at all. Really all you got was watermelon and some rather average honey due melon and canteloupe. No strawberries, some rather strange looking bananas and apples. We thought in such a tropical oasis fruit would have been better. Also the quality of the bacon was terrible - almost burnt beyond recognition. Still, there was plenty to choose from otherwise.
If you like vegemite, make sure you take a tube with you because this is next to impossible to get in Bali, let alone the Holiday Inn.
Hotel restaurants (including Envy) were ok but really depended on what you chose. Surprisingly the local food was average but the Western food was good. This was disappointing as you can get a pizza or burger anywhere and while in Bali we prefer to sample local cuisine.
There were however plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the resort either up the street (Green Garden, SA Cafe, de Bali), along the beach path (Pantai) or on the main drag into Kuta (Mozzarella, Queen's of India and Boardwalk).
Rascals Kids club was great. They did a wonderful job of keeping the kids amused - from fish feeding to sand sculptures to Balinese offering making to painting to of course Wii playing. When you drop the kids off they give you a local mobile phone so that they can contact you if needed. That way you can go wherever you like with peace of mind. Great idea.
Hotel staff were generally very friendly and helpful but in many instances were more interested in writing down our feedback rather than actioning it.
Only real disappointment for us was the tour service and transport service. The prices for day and half day services with drivers seem to vary depending on who was working each day. This is the sort of thing you would expect to encounter outside the resort on the street, not within the resort with the tour desk and concierge. It left us feeling that we were being taken advantage of. Other reports on TA had stated that the hotel had arranged daily drivers for 250,000 Rp. We also spoke with a couple in the pool who said likewise but when we mentioned it to the tour desk they denied and quoted double the price.
In the end we negotiated directy with drivers ourselves and paid 400,000Rp for the day and 200,000 for 3 hours which we thought was fair.
All in all, Holiday Inn is a wonderful resort in a very quiet and convenient part of Bali. It represents excellent value for money and is the perfect choice for families with young children.
We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali seamlessly blends with the alluring white-sand beaches of Pantai Segara, locally known as Pantai Jerman, which stretches off the southern coast of Kuta in Bali. A mere ten-minute drive from Bali's International Airport, South Kuta's relatively quiet beaches are a haven for relaxation while a short walk leads to central Kuta's vibrant streets lined with restaurants, bars, shops and markets; the newly completed boardwalk along the beach enables visitors to enjoy a scenic stroll from South Kuta to the famous Kuta Beach in the North. Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali offers 193 guest rooms and suites, ranging in size from 28 to 75 square metre, all with private balconies boasting stunning vistas of shimmering azure sea or the Resort(R) 's pool and verdant lawns. Sleek contemporary furnishings with Balinese tropical accents optimize the space for rest and relaxation and have been designed to appeal to families and couples as well as individual travelers. All rooms come conveniently equipped with high-speed wireless internet connectivity, 32-inch flat-screen televisions with over 60 cable channels, CD/DVD players, iPod docking stations, mini refrigerators and tea and coffee making facilities, while hardwood floors, stylish bathrooms with separate bath and power shower areas and 40-inch televisions are standard in all suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Hotel Tuban
- Holiday Inn Baruna Bali
- Holiday Inn Tuban
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Tuban