“I love here!”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Tuban
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
“I love here!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was literally counting the days to check in at this amazing hotel!
That's the third year here and I can't describe but it feels like home, you know that place that you feel safe, because everything is always great: food(breakfast is amazing!), service, location, and the spa is really special! Not mentioning the convenience for surf spots, my husband enjoys it a lot.
And for me, after tanning, there's nothing better than go walking enjoying the sea view until the Discovery Mall.
We spent a whole month in Bali and 11 nights we spent here, no regrets! Love the pool, the sunset view, the gym, the staff, the little special attention one night before check out, I can't wait to be there next year again.
Thank you all for such a nice guest experience :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephane_Varoquier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear "Juliana G",

It was a pleasure to have you in our home for the third time. Thank you so much for your fidelity and praise.

See you next year I hope.

Many thanks,

Stephane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with my fiance for 5 days. Prior to arrival, I already made arrangements for a surprise set -up for my fiance's birthday. Dyra and Bayu have been really cooperative and helpful. They have even extended other courtesies to us which I was extremely happy for.

Everything went well except a problem at the Envy Restaurant the night before we left. We only ordered nasi goreng and chicken in a basket. Just a quick dinner before our red eye flight. Too bad, 30 minutes have passed. But there was no food served in our table. But others have gotten theirs already. I supposed the order might have been forgotten. Nasi goreng is just a fried rice. I assume this has been pre cooked already. So why take a long time. When I made a follow up to one of the food attendants, he just told me "we had a problem with check printing" I also worked in the hotel for more than 6 years and I am pretty sure that if you have technical problem, you should be advising guests. The proper way to order take is to also inform diners of the waiting time w/c is usually 15 - 20 mins. But this experience was really terrible!!! When made the follow up, the waiter answered sarcastically with another question, "what can I do to make you happy?" This is not the proper way to address a complaining guest.
I just dont feel it right arguing with a food attendant. So I went to the Duty Manager Nila who was at least able to resolve it. But took a long time over the phone to investigate. Her good gesture of offering the dinner to be served in the room was nice. Except that I was not able to eat it due to my upset stomach.

Pro's :
Nice location.
Nice pool
Good service from the staff but not everyone greets you
Environment and consumer friendly (you may see their tent card advices in the room)

Con's:
Their shoreline, being a public beach was not maintained. A lot of garbage scattered everywhere. And a lot of private local houses nearby.

A recommendable place to stay :)

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank gmgregalado
Dear "gmgregalado",

Thank you for your very valuable feedback.

I am obviously sad to read that perfection was tarnished by your experience at Envy. What you went through is definitely as per our standards and not acceptable. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. I will personally make sure that employees are re-trained on how to handle these situations.

We do clean the beach every morning right in front of the hotel. Sadly, I agree that our neighbors
don't do as much efforts to keep their part clean. We are working hard with the local community towards a better environment in our resort surroundings.

Thank you for choosing our resort and I hope we'll see you again soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Excellent place to stay. Nice rooms and excellent service. Liked the food especially their pizza. Location is a little away from main market and beaches. Staff is nice and courteous an service is fast. You need to walk a bit to reach the market and enjoy the hustle bustle of Bali. However it is just 5 min from the airport. Overall experience was good and I would recommend this if somebody intends to have a quite and relaxing trip to Bali.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anurag900
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

To start this review I would like to make it clear that I went in July 2013 with my husband and 2 boyz age 11 and 8, of which we had a wonderful time and I wrote a great review for them to.
This time i recieved a email from the hotel telling me that I was able to have the Junior Garden View suite for July 2014 School Holidays.Because we had such a wonderful time there this year we wanted to go back.The staff lovely ,the kids club,well that was the best that I have ever been to in bali ,they actually did things with the kids even our 11 year old liked it.The rooms were beautiful and clean.And this time I wanted to book through the hotel as last time i booked with Agoda ( They were great but we didn't get breakfast and should have) So this time wanted to do it right .
When we were there the staff were only to happy to show my husband and myself through a couple of different rooms we decided next time we wanted a One Bedroom room.Or stick with what we had.

Well after a little missunderstanding from the hotel the Manager got involved and has sorted everything out for us and in all under 2 days and have got breakfast included this time which was wonderful as I had booked air tickets and was not going to get the hotel i wanted .
But what I am saying is the staff are really wonderful and are only too happy to help.
So people before you go any further STOP what your doing and book the Holiday Inn Baruna direct through the hotel,you won't be sorry.
244 days and we will be there again and can't wait.
Thank You Stephane you are wonderful.
Can't wait to meet you and maybe have a cocktail or 2

Room Tip: If going as a family can't go past junior suite or One bedroom or if you can afford it go Family...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank KylieBunbury
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here with our 3yr old daugher in May 2013. We'd previously also stayed at one of their newer properties in Phuket.
Pros:
Nice pool
Friendly staff
Affordable to have a suite
Grounds well kept with great pool
Great ice cream bar for the kids
Availability of a in-house spa
Poolside sandwiches (design your own)
Outdoor playground (but only really good for very young kids)
Close to airport (but not on flight path)
Shop for basic items and snacks
Coffee and tea in rooms
able to stock your own fridge
Themed evenings
We didn't try kids club but other parents said it was good

Cons:
Our room wasn't cleaned properly on weekdays. The floor was often left dirty. For example, we came back on the Monday evening to find a large dead fly in the middle of the floor from earlier in the morning. It had been missed by the cleaner, but not by the long trail of ants it now attracted. The staff often forgot to replace the tea bags or bathroom toiletries we used. Conversely the room was cleaned perfectly across the weekend and everything was replaced - perhaps a different team was working our floor then?
The spa was not that well equipped and staff were not particularly professional.
Food - there were long sprawling menus but actually not much that appealing and not great quality, with not much differentiation between restaurants. Food service sometimes could be a bit slow.
Beach here was quite dirty and full of hawkers - not recommended!
Bath in the apartment didn't have shower attachment - tricky for very young kids
The wifi internet was a bit hit and miss.
At the risk of sounding snobby, there's also a pretty large raucous element of Bintang vest wearing, tattooed and cornrow-ed families of Aussies that like to hit the beers early in the day. If this bothers you, do avoid the Aussie school holidays, but this has been fairly unavoidable in Bali, given the strength of the Aussie dollar - The Westin was the same.

Overall, ok for money, I actually wanted to give it 3.5 as a rating. However, to reach the same high standard as the Phuket one I'd advise the following:
Refocus restaurants. Cut down menus, improve food quality. .
Get better staff in spa and reinvigorate the offering here. Retrain the cleaning staff to ensure consistency.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear "OpulentChap",

Thank you for sharing a detailed account of your experience in our resort.

It appears you expected better from us, rightly so. I apologise about the inconsistent care taken in servicing your room. We usually deliver at a high standard in this area. Nonetheless, we are currently re-training all our room attendants for better consistency.

I am sorry you didn't appreciate our Spa. I hardly get negative comments on our Spa but the contrary. I'd love more detailed feedback on this.

Food offer is quite subjective. Over the years, we have changed menus based on guest feedback. It is not easy to have a menu that fits all tastes. Again, more detailed feedback on this would be appreciated so we can keep improving.

Should you wish to share more details with me on the above and more, you may do so at stephane.varoquier@ihg.com.

I hope you'll give us a chance to showcase our improvements in the near future. In the meantime, I look forward to read you soon.

Many thanks,

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn from the 15th to the 22nd of October and had a great family holiday. I have been to Bali twelve times and the Holiday Inn is somewhere we will now return to. My wife and 2 girls (age 7 & 8) enjoyed the Family Suite and the food and service at the hotel is first class. The prices are very reasonable. Special mention to Putu who went out of his way to ensure our poolside drinks and food always arrived in a timely manner.
Location is excellent - 10 mins from the hustle and bustle of Kuta. We ate at Envy twice and every night my wife and I had a cocktail there usually after eating at one of the many restaurants in Tuban (Batan Waru being our favourite). Girls had their hair and nails done by the friendly ladies just out the front of the hotel. Could not fault this hotel. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Wayne A
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Bali, A fantastic destination! When you are with your family like me - A couple with 2 young kids - Holiday Inn Baruna Bali should be your first choice of stay. The advantages are too many to list but a few being - Close to the Airport, On the beach with a fantastic privy beach with comfortable cabanas to simply lounge in, a 2 minute drive or Quite walkable to the Kuta area, comfortable rooms made fantastically around inner lobby pools and palm trees, with the garden, beach or pool view from the room itself. All in all a great set up! For families the resort is extremely Kids friendly with their 'Rascals Club' going tops with what it offers to keep your kids engaged even for an entire day! Yes the kids will forget you for the day they spend there, leaving you enough time to explore that little part of Bali on your own. The restaurants offer your kids a separate kids menu whe n you dine there and don't charge you a penny! i have to mention here that in the 4 days there, i dined in plenty of restaurants outside and realized that i had the best food at the resort and was charged way below what the other restaurants were charging in simple stand offs! The 'Envy' restaurant affords you good food with a direct view of the ocean but i just wish they would play some more popular music and open till a bit more later than Mid night. I wish the same for the mid pool bar, than to close at 6pm. The rooms are clean and are well equipped with the balcony also allowing you enuff space to lounge on the comfy sofa there. The staff are always smiling and up to your demands in a jiffy. This is one resort i surely recommend to everyone visiting Bali.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Raj_Goel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Alaya Resort Kuta
Alaya Resort Kuta
#4 of 251 in Kuta
Four Points by Sheraton Bali Kuta

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali? Share your experiences!