“Great place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Tuban
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

My partner and I love the holiday Inn in bali....the staff are just so Amazingly friendly and helpful. ..they always remember your name and say hello....the pool was lovley and the deluxe pool view roow was really nice, clean and the bed was very comfortable...... I have to rave about tee tree spa omg it was the best massage i have ever had and I have had alot of masssages especially all ove bali but tee trees was amazing I have never been put to sleep but they manage to do that to me twice.....the lady at reception was fantastic and helped my partner organize a big bunch of floweres in our room for my birthday. ...the hotel also gave me the cutest bithday cake......I would recommend this place to everyone. ..

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Erlangga F, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear TanyaLeeHay,

Thank you very much for sharing your review about your last stay at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali.

Happy belated birthday and thank you for celebrating your special day at our resort.

I am really happy to read your positive review about our resort and its facilities especially about our magnificent team at the Tea Tree Spa. I have shared your gracious comments with the Tea Tree Spa team and they were most pleased.

Once again thank you for sharing your recent experience and i shall look forward to welcome you back to stay with us.

Kinds regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Firstly the staff at the hotel were excellent and made our stay very enjoyable. The good parts:
Nice rooms
*Good food at reasonable prices
Nice pool
Relaxed environment
Tea Tree Spa.

*I did get very sick for a day & half and the only food I had 48hrs prior was from the hotel? People can get sick in Bali so I will give the benefit of doubt that maybe I had picked it up somewhere else.

The tiled floors are deadly in the wet, hot water for our second level room took forever for the first shower and room service was a little slow.

Overall our stay of nine days was very enjoyable.

Dear rocketrod69,

Thank you so much for your review and for sharing your feedback about your previous stay at our resort.

I hope that you are now have fully recovered and are in good health.

I am glad to know that your 9 days stay was an enjoyable one. Thank you once again for your positive feedback about our resort and facilities.

We take serious care of our Food and Beverage quality through out our resort. For your information our resort is currently the only hotel in Bali which is HACCP certified, it is a globally recognized management system in which food safety is addressed through the analysis and control of biological, chemical and physical hazards from raw material production, procurement and handling, to manufacturing, distribution and consumption of the finished product.

The wet tiles are mostly caused by the high level of humidity in the room due to the fact that we are located right next to the beach, therefore we always suggest room temperature to be kept below 23 degrees Celsius to avoid the humidity. Please let me know if this was the case in your previous room.

Thank you for the feedback for improvement about the room service team, i will look into improving the speed of service together with the Food and Beverage Manager.

I would love to know more detail about your previous experience related with the food and room. Therefore i would really appreciate if you would drop me an e-mail at erlangga.farizky@ihg.com so that i can investigate further to find the root causes and to come up with action plans to avoid similar incident to happen again the future.

One behalf of the team we are all looking forward to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We just returned from 8 days at this hotel. We all loved it! We are 2 adults and 2 kids, we booked a junior suite with garden access and were not disappointed! The suite had an empty fridge which was great, 2 showers and a huge bath! One shower and the bath was in an 'outdoor' room which was lovely. The only negative was that the bathroom area is very open. There are blinds but the doors on the toilet and the inside shower are clear glass which is not ideal!
We had breakfast and kids club included with the room. The breakfast was great, lots of choice for all tastes with cooked to order eggs. The kids club was fine for our 5 year old but our 10 year old found it a bit childish and ended up playing computer games when she was there - a few more activities suitable for older kids would be welcome!
I had one of my best massages ever at the Tea Tree spa! This is a lovely spa, very nice private treatment rooms, reasonably priced with lovely staff. They have 'happy hours' from 8-9am and 7-9pm and you can save a lot by booking your treatments during these times!
It is definitely worth becoming an IHG rewards member before staying at this hotel as you get 15% off most food prices and 20% off spa treatments amongst other benefits!!
Great hotel, would definitely go back!

1 Thank Marie S
Erlangga F, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Marie S,

Thank you very much for posting your review at Trip Advisor.

I am happy to know that you and family were having a wonderful time at our resort. And i really appreciate the constructive feedback on the bathroom glass doors, i have brought the attention of our Executive Housekeeper who will be looking at options to improve this in the future.

The kids club is one of the most favorite activity among others in the resort to cater family with kids, and we also have zone 12-18 located right next to 'the Shop' which i believe would be a choice for your daughter to use on your next visit.

The Tea Tree Spa is indeed another gem of our resort, we have received many commendation on our therapists who are always pleasant and professional in their work.

Once again thank you so much for your review and i am looking forward to meet you on your next visit.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I went to Bali about 2 week ago and I stayed there. My first impression was it was a bit cheap for hotel like holiday inn. But when I went inside it stunted me. The view from the lobby is absolutely amazing (specially when it's sunny) and the staff is very friendly. Once I checked in I went to my room and it was simple but very modern. Then I went to the bar and the view from the bar is even more stunning. It shows the swimming pool and the private beach. The food is amazing. The private beach is clean and have it's own chair and umbrellas. There are some things that bothers me such as the bathroom is very small and there's no bathtub (in deluxe room), the lift is very small, and they keep using the same menu for the breakfast. But beside from that this hotel is worth the money, worth to stay, and worth the view. Definitely will stay here again for my next trip to Bali.

Room Tip: The Deluxe room is very small. Try to use the suites one.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kautsar R,

Thank you so much for sharing your review,

All our rooms have been refurbished with more modern look in comparison to our exterior which holds a strong Balinese architecture. The view of the beach from the hotel is one of my personal favorite especially the amazing sunset view from our Envy restaurant.

Thank you for your constructive feedback about our breakfast selection which i have shared with my Executive Chef, we do rotate several breakfast items among other extensive options we provide to cater for various appetite.

On your next stay i would recommend you to try one of our suites with much bigger size bathroom and bath tub, you can see more selection of our room category at our hotel website. Or feel free to e-mail me at erlangga.farizky@ihg.com

Once again thank you very much for your review and i am looking very much forward to welcome you back to stay with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed from 1st Jan to 15th Jan. We had a junior suite was perfect for our 2 and 5 year old. Travelled with others who had a pool access room which was great too, smaller but right in front of pool and still a good size. Food at breakfast was great. Envy was amazing and such a great price for a hotel restaurant. We are here nearly every night. Kids club was great , we hired a babysitter to look after our 2 year old in kids club and they had a great time. Her name was Retinol she was wonderful! It is a little further out but only a 10 min walk to centro, not a huge amount of restaurants around but lucky Envy was so good! The staff we're amazing and loved our kids! We will definitely be back, was a little more pricey but worth it, oh and no bogans! Thanks again to Eric, the front office manager we met, and all the staff at the holiday inn.

3 Thank Joanne K
Dear Joanne K,

Thank you very much for your review about your previous stay at our resort.

I am glad to know that you had a lovely stay, the Junior Suite is really suitable for family especially with the beautiful garden view right in front of the room.

And thank you for your great review on our breakfast selection and on the quality of food at Envy, we realize there are many available dining option in Kuta but we know we are better as we only strive to give the best quality of food and the best dining experience for our guests.

And i am very delighted to know that you were most pleased by the service rendered by our associates, we are all very proud of them and realize that they are precious asset to the company.

Myself and team are looking forward to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Singapore River, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed at holiday inn baruna Bali with my wife for special occasion.Overall Hotel was great with Balinese architecture.We Love Bali very much.
I Just want to share our dining experience in envy restaurant.
Envy restaurant was perfect place for sunset dinner with fantastic view facing to ocean.The Food and The staff was brilliant.Special thank to Mr.Ananta to make our fantastic dining experience and best honeymoon ever.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rainata
Erlangga F, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear rainata,

Thank you so much for your review about our resort and Envy restaurant at Trip Advisor.

I am glad to know that you were enjoying your time spent at our hotel and that you were happy with the service rendered by our associates especially Ananta at Envy restaurant. I have shared your commendation with the team and they feel honored to have received the appreciation.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back to stay with us in the future.

kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had a happy time here over New Year in spite of mixed weather which is of course not the hotel's fault! We booked a 1-bed suite for 2 adults and 2 kids which was very comfortable and had a beautiful big corner balcony with the sea visible through the trees. I think we were lucky to get that room though. The room itself was 5* and up there with Grand Hyatt etc except you don't get turndown service or any 'extras' like flowers, chocolates etc. You have to call if you want the 'welcome fruit' and even then it's two small pieces on a plate. I know this sounds spoiled but the standards are high in Bali. Anyway we paid about the same for a suite as for a standard room in the Hyatt so they have to cut corners somewhere. Similarly housekeeping came late sometimes, it's not like a real 5* where there are always cleaners ready to clean your room as soon as you let them. But not a big problem.
The resort as a whole is I'd say a good 4* standard. The approach from the road looks very ordinary, and check-in is just OK. Nice big pool and we did lots of swimming but it's not amazing with fountains, bubbles etc. There seemed to be enough pool chairs and the 'bale' huts were available most of the time. No problem with towels, they don't even ask your room number unlike some other places which are mean about pool towels. It's just on the beach, though it's not such a beautiful beach -more one to walk on than sunbathe and swim from. We borrowed bikes one day which was fun, and included. You can walk along the beach to the Discovery Mall, or along the road to the smaller but smarter Lippo Mall. There are a handful of nice restaurants within easy walking distance and lots more a short taxi drive or longer walk away,
Back in the hotel, breakfast is excellent, really everything you could want including Asian and lots of Western choices, we ate lots every day! One good thing about it being an upper-middle hotel rather than a super luxury one is that the food and drink at the hotel is reasonably priced as well as good quality.
Our kids enjoyed the kids club which was included with the suite but extra if you have a standard room. The kids' activities are not all that 'active' but it's OK and gives parents a rest too.
So -very nice and a good bet if you like the Kuta area. For us Sanur is a better bet, just the right stage of development now and a better beach than Kuta (unless you're a surfer) so we'd head for Sanur instead. We probably won't return to the Holiday Inn therefore, but it's a good bet and I'd recommend it overall. The best aspect was that most of the staff were very friendly and professional and gave a really good impression and a nice holiday atmosphere.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DavidLD12
Dear DavildLD12,

I really appreciate your positive feedback on our hotel and facilities. We give high appreciate on guest input and that have been the fundamental reason for some of the unique approach we do in delivering our service to the customer such as what you have mentioned on your review about our turn down service and our 'fruits of hope' program.

Your review highlight both the positive and negative aspect of the hotel location in comparison to Sanur as it gives clear perspective for holiday maker on the two different locations.

Once again thank you very much for your review, i sincerely hope myself and team will have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future.

Executive Assistant Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Bali Garden Beach Resort
Alaya Resort Kuta
Alaya Resort Kuta
#5 of 250 in Kuta

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali? Share your experiences!