“Good Family Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Tuban
Beijing, China
“Good Family Hotel”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Spent Christmas 2013 here. This is a nice family hotel, with good size rooms and friendly staff. Restaurants are not bad but Bali is so cheap for food that you will probably prefer to eat outside. The inclusive breakfast is a must for the family though. The pool is good too. About the only downside is the terrible beach behind the hotel strewn with debris (although this is hardly the hotels fault and is the same for all the Hotels on the Kuta strip. The main tourist area is a 15 /20 minute walk away including two very modern malls and Waterbom Bali is in the same area. My only surprise for a resort hotel was a lack of evening entertainment -I would have expected a band or some singers etc so if you like that sort of thing you have to stay out. The concierge organized some good trips for us -at much cheaper rates than the provider in the Hotel itself. Overall though can't really go wrong here.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view obviously desirable...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Erlangga F, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear DarrellBarnes,

Thank you very much for sharing your latest stay experience at Trip Advisor.

I am happy to know that you were enjoying the resort and its facilities during your stay. Our location at South Kuta Beach indeed gives many advantages to guest who like to explore Kuta area without going through the busy traffic of Legian.

Thank you for your feedback about the cleanliness of the beach in front of our resort, as you might already know that all beach in Bali are open for public and the usage is not limited to hotel guest only. Our hotel gardener are cleaning the beach in front of our resort every morning as part of our responsibility to the environment and we have taken note of your comment to further improve our beach cleanliness.

We do have different live entertainment at the Envy restaurant every day ranging from solo guitar, DJ performance till fire dance. All this entertainment are free of charge for hotel guests and guest who is dining at Envy restaurant.

Once again thank you so much for your valuable feedback. On behalf of the team we are all looking forward to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future.

kind regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I choose the hotel based on the review search in trip advisor. And yes, the hotel was offering good quality of room, breakfast and view. Located at 10-15 min walking from Kuta Beach. Around the hotel, it surrounded by various offer of restaurant, bar, spa and cheap laundry. I have family spa in the hotel, and was treated very nice. Look at the score I wrote, it's a common things which 5 starts hotel should have, I mean money value and what you get are equal. However, nothing more that...I mean, as the 5 start hotel, they should offer comfort hospitality in services, which we were not get that during stay. I feel and observed of some host hospitality was treated not equal to the Asian and Western, especially in room services, reception and bell boy/ concierge. Overall, we were happy in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Erlangga F, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Gagok S

Thank you so much for your review.

We value each and every single comment we get from our customer and therefore i would like to know more detail on your stay exoerience. Please email me to erlangga.farizky@ihg.com

Erlngga Farizky
Reviewed 27 January 2014

bali is famous for its really nice luxury hotels and holiday inn seemed a bit odd as a choice for the first anniversary. but the agent assured me it was a lovely place and would not regret staying here. and boy was i happy to be wrong!

the hotel is wonderful! we stayed in a room with a pool access. the hotel is huge and the staff is very friendly and nice. the poolside is really relaxed and chilled. the fact that it is on the beach makes it all the more nice. all in all, beautiful and worth every penny.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jai B
Erlangga F, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Jai B,

Thank you so much for your review about your previous stay at our resort.

And it was a pleasure having you at the hotel to celebrate your first year anniversary, i am really happy to know that your stay was an enjoyable one.

Looking forward to welcome you back to stay with us.

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We love staying here. It is far enough out of the main stream tourist area, but close enough to walk to the Kuta shopping area, if spending $5.00 on a taxi is stretching the holiday budget.
Since we were there 12 months ago, a brand new shopping mall has opened, no more that a 5 minute stroll away. This is great as a hypo-market is incorporated on the ground floor. This allows for the purchase of the nibbles and Bintangs at a much cheaper rate than the hotels mini mart. This allows for the fridge in the room that use to house the "mini bar" (scraped in most holiday inn's now), to be filled with useful items.
The hotel has a great large pool and there are plenty of beds and Cabanas. The pool staff are consistently checking for pool towels left on non used beds.
The beds in the room are very comfortable and guarantee a good nights sleep.
I agree with previous comments regarding the staff at the hotel. Everyone is always friendly and will help with any problems that arise. It is always good to see at a hotel, the same staff from year to year. This ensures good customer service.
We had a small problem with the air con in our bedroom. This was quickly investigated and resolved. The maintenance manager and customer supervisor made a point to come and visit us and offered us a free meal as compensation for our inconvenience.
The hotel has a departure lounge, that allows for a place to stay and freshen up prior to a late flight. This area could be relayed out to ensure that the guest gets the best from the area and a little more privacy, as the gym is across from the lounge.

The breakfast at the hotel is a little bit pricey, but is very good. There is plenty of choice and eggs are cooked to order and delivered to the table.

Room Tip: If incorporating breakfast into the cost of the room, make sure you take the mugs from the room, as...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Erlangga F, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Christathome,

Thank you so much for your review on your recent holiday at our resort.

I am glad to know that you like the idea of our 'fill-up yourself mini bar' which allows guest to store whatever item they like to have in their fridge from our 'The Shop' outlet or outside of the resort.

My team and I are delighted to read that you were most pleased by the service rendered by our associates when you were encountering problem with the air conditioning in your room. Thank you for your kind commendation to their work. Your comments endorse our belief and it is a great testimony to their dedication and professionalism. We are very proud of our associates and confidence that they are precious asset to the company.

Once again thank you very much for your positive comments about our resort and facilities. I shall look forward to welcome you back to stay with us in the future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

My partner and I love the holiday Inn in bali....the staff are just so Amazingly friendly and helpful. ..they always remember your name and say hello....the pool was lovley and the deluxe pool view roow was really nice, clean and the bed was very comfortable...... I have to rave about tee tree spa omg it was the best massage i have ever had and I have had alot of masssages especially all ove bali but tee trees was amazing I have never been put to sleep but they manage to do that to me twice.....the lady at reception was fantastic and helped my partner organize a big bunch of floweres in our room for my birthday. ...the hotel also gave me the cutest bithday cake......I would recommend this place to everyone. ..

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear TanyaLeeHay,

Thank you very much for sharing your review about your last stay at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali.

Happy belated birthday and thank you for celebrating your special day at our resort.

I am really happy to read your positive review about our resort and its facilities especially about our magnificent team at the Tea Tree Spa. I have shared your gracious comments with the Tea Tree Spa team and they were most pleased.

Once again thank you for sharing your recent experience and i shall look forward to welcome you back to stay with us.

Kinds regards,

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Firstly the staff at the hotel were excellent and made our stay very enjoyable. The good parts:
Nice rooms
*Good food at reasonable prices
Nice pool
Relaxed environment
Tea Tree Spa.

*I did get very sick for a day & half and the only food I had 48hrs prior was from the hotel? People can get sick in Bali so I will give the benefit of doubt that maybe I had picked it up somewhere else.

The tiled floors are deadly in the wet, hot water for our second level room took forever for the first shower and room service was a little slow.

Overall our stay of nine days was very enjoyable.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear rocketrod69,

Thank you so much for your review and for sharing your feedback about your previous stay at our resort.

I hope that you are now have fully recovered and are in good health.

I am glad to know that your 9 days stay was an enjoyable one. Thank you once again for your positive feedback about our resort and facilities.

We take serious care of our Food and Beverage quality through out our resort. For your information our resort is currently the only hotel in Bali which is HACCP certified, it is a globally recognized management system in which food safety is addressed through the analysis and control of biological, chemical and physical hazards from raw material production, procurement and handling, to manufacturing, distribution and consumption of the finished product.

The wet tiles are mostly caused by the high level of humidity in the room due to the fact that we are located right next to the beach, therefore we always suggest room temperature to be kept below 23 degrees Celsius to avoid the humidity. Please let me know if this was the case in your previous room.

Thank you for the feedback for improvement about the room service team, i will look into improving the speed of service together with the Food and Beverage Manager.

I would love to know more detail about your previous experience related with the food and room. Therefore i would really appreciate if you would drop me an e-mail at erlangga.farizky@ihg.com so that i can investigate further to find the root causes and to come up with action plans to avoid similar incident to happen again the future.

One behalf of the team we are all looking forward to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We just returned from 8 days at this hotel. We all loved it! We are 2 adults and 2 kids, we booked a junior suite with garden access and were not disappointed! The suite had an empty fridge which was great, 2 showers and a huge bath! One shower and the bath was in an 'outdoor' room which was lovely. The only negative was that the bathroom area is very open. There are blinds but the doors on the toilet and the inside shower are clear glass which is not ideal!
We had breakfast and kids club included with the room. The breakfast was great, lots of choice for all tastes with cooked to order eggs. The kids club was fine for our 5 year old but our 10 year old found it a bit childish and ended up playing computer games when she was there - a few more activities suitable for older kids would be welcome!
I had one of my best massages ever at the Tea Tree spa! This is a lovely spa, very nice private treatment rooms, reasonably priced with lovely staff. They have 'happy hours' from 8-9am and 7-9pm and you can save a lot by booking your treatments during these times!
It is definitely worth becoming an IHG rewards member before staying at this hotel as you get 15% off most food prices and 20% off spa treatments amongst other benefits!!
Great hotel, would definitely go back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marie S
Erlangga F, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Marie S,

Thank you very much for posting your review at Trip Advisor.

I am happy to know that you and family were having a wonderful time at our resort. And i really appreciate the constructive feedback on the bathroom glass doors, i have brought the attention of our Executive Housekeeper who will be looking at options to improve this in the future.

The kids club is one of the most favorite activity among others in the resort to cater family with kids, and we also have zone 12-18 located right next to 'the Shop' which i believe would be a choice for your daughter to use on your next visit.

The Tea Tree Spa is indeed another gem of our resort, we have received many commendation on our therapists who are always pleasant and professional in their work.

Once again thank you so much for your review and i am looking forward to meet you on your next visit.

Executive Assistant Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Legian Beach Hotel
Legian Beach Hotel
#15 of 87 in Legian
The Anvaya Beach Resort Bali

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali? Share your experiences!