We love Discovery Kartika Plaza and tried Holiday Inn with friends. Here's our take on it:
Lobby - Kartika (grand lobby, fantastic view, breeze, welcome drinks & bar)
Views - Kartika (maximises beachside location)
Surf - comparable
Rooms - Holiday Inn (more modern & spacious)
Breakfast buffet - Kartika (more choice, better quality & better coffee)
Pool - Kartika (better swim up bar, cocktails, bigger & has beach view & good people watching) (downside is people hog banana lounges at Kartika)
Restaurants - Holiday Inn has better pool side menu & sandwich options but Kartika has significantly better restaurants & variety)
Service - comparable
Location - Kartika closer to better restaurants outside the hotel, near sopping mall & water bomb park
Kids club - didn't try but Kartika is closer walk
Day spa - Holiday Inn
Gardens - Kartika
Outdoor facilities - Kartika (bigger gym, squash courts, ping pong, big chess, beach volleyball)
Family friendly - comparable
Price - holiday inn significantly cheaper.
Kartika would make a lovely wedding venue.
Both were excellent hotels. If your budget allows - Kartika is the winner, but the Holiday Inn is a fantastic runner up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali seamlessly blends with the alluring white-sand beaches of Pantai Segara, locally known as Pantai Jerman, which stretches off the southern coast of Kuta in Bali. A mere ten-minute drive from Bali's International Airport, South Kuta's relatively quiet beaches are a haven for relaxation while a short walk leads to central Kuta's vibrant streets lined with restaurants, bars, shops and markets; the newly completed boardwalk along the beach enables visitors to enjoy a scenic stroll from South Kuta to the famous Kuta Beach in the North. Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali offers 193 guest rooms and suites, ranging in size from 28 to 75 square metre, all with private balconies boasting stunning vistas of shimmering azure sea or the Resort(R) 's pool and verdant lawns. Sleek contemporary furnishings with Balinese tropical accents optimize the space for rest and relaxation and have been designed to appeal to families and couples as well as individual travelers. All rooms come conveniently equipped with high-speed wireless internet connectivity, 32-inch flat-screen televisions with over 60 cable channels, CD/DVD players, iPod docking stations, mini refrigerators and tea and coffee making facilities, while hardwood floors, stylish bathrooms with separate bath and power shower areas and 40-inch televisions are standard in all suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Hotel Tuban
- Holiday Inn Baruna Bali
- Holiday Inn Tuban
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Tuban