Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali
US$68
US$58
HARRIS Hotel Tuban(Tuban)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$45
US$20
  • Pool
1,614 results
All reviewskids clubenvy restauranttea tree spapalms restaurantgarden accesskids eat freeone bedroom suitekids suitepool barkids menuihg memberpriority clubocean viewpublic beachbaruna balipool staffbig room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2009

The resort is located close to the airport and a non-metred taxi should cost you no more than 35000 Rp or about $4.50. Security is good with no vehicles allowed anywhere near the enrance until screened. The reception staff were a little inexperienced but as is the usual in Bali very friendly.

We stayed in a double room out the back on level three for 6 nights. As previously described the rooms are small but as long as you know this and don't plan on spending lots of time in the room they are fine. The rooms are very modern, clean and well equipped with ipod compatible radio and LCD television.

The pool area/swim up bar are great but I was regularly sharing the pool bar with children ordering milkshakes. There is a kids pool but I understand why it doesn't get used by the adults as it is too shallow. The bar staff seemed more interested in serving the kids rather than taking my money for more expensive drinks. At no time whilst I was lounging poolside did anyone ask me if I wanted to order food or a drink. They would have made some good coin out of me and my travelling companions. When you are at the pool bar (in the pool) or beachside lounge areas you can order customised pizza's and pasta's which were tasty and reasonably priced.

The grassy lounge area and beachside bar are really relaxing places to chill out although the lounge areas are not shaded. Relaxing in the lounges with relaxed tunes playing watching the sun go down was one of my favourite Bali resort moments.

The breakfast buffet was good but nothing to rave about but once again you can customise what you want egg wise and all the standards were there.

The internet inside the hotel is well priced. You can get it cheaper down the road but it was fast and in a comfortable environment. There is also a shop/minimart inside the resort with food and drink at reasonable prices. If you feel like getting fit there is a small gym with brand new equipment and a tennis court.

Overall a great resort for the price (about AUS $120 per night for the double out the back) and with time the staff will gain more experience making this a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2009

This was out fifth visit to this hotel - 3 times as The old Bali Hai and twice as the Baruna ... once for business and once for a break.
The business visit was jaw-dropping for my colleagues. Chica, the events manager looked after us really well.
It is impossible not to make friends of the staff here. On this visit they remembered me and went out of their way to make myself and my wife welcome. One of the staff even took me to his village for their local hindu celebration (I had to wear a sarong).
Envy Bar on the beach is just stunning and has a constant cool breeze blowing. We only ever lunched there -and they give you "Design your own," menus for pizza, pasta, salads and noodles. A great idea.
Breakfast is too big. it's hige but not cheap - go across the road and sit on the upstairs terrace for a third the price.
They have an empty mini-bar, which normally I hate. But they also have a convenience store with prices almost equal to those on the street. So you can buy your water, Bintang Beer, Sun Lotions etc there.
Very, very relaxing experience and the best staff.
Contatc me if you want more info.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Recently renovated and absolutely beautiful. We went with 2 families, with a 1yr old up to a 12yr old and there was something for everyone to do. It is out of the hussle and bussle of Kuta but only a 5 min cab drive. It is very peaceful and some great restaurants at the hotel and some within walking distance eg oceans 27. So if your looking for a relaxing and quiet holiday this is the place to stay.
The rooms are lovely even the standard rooms. The grounds are well kept and the pool is stunning.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank edenhh
Reviewed 29 October 2009

The Holiday Inn was the last of 8 hotels we stayed at during our 14 days in Bali. Over the years I have stayed in hotels such as Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows, Oberoi, Ritz, Regent, Hilton, Plaza Athene, Four Seasons so I know a great hotel when I see it and this is a great hotel. Wonderful soft pastels, wide open areas, 1st class staff who all deserve a wage raise. We simply loved it. My only suggestion to management is make internet wireless free and train your chefs to cater a more perfect meal.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2009

We checked in here after a not so nice stay elsewhere on the island and our experience at holiday inn was a total contrast. We both have stayed in great hotels all over the world and didn't have too many expectations of the Holiday Inn - however it is up there in the top 5 hotels we've ever stayed in, and the top taking into account value for money.I could not fault one thing about this hotel, it is spotless, amazing location right on a quiet area of beach, but a short walk along the beach to shops, restaurants, nightlife etc. We ended up eating in the hotel all of the 3 nights we stayed - the food is AMAZING. It was the best food we had in Bali by far and anyone staying should sample it, it is also v well priced and prices on the menu are all taxes included - only place we found on the island which did this and it is really helpful. Rooms are lovely, attention to detail is impressive and wonderful breakfast. Really haven't got a bad word to say, we are already planning a return visit. The staff finish off the hotel, friendly and helpful and will make your holiday.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple