“No Complaints”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Tuban
Adelaide, Australia
“No Complaints”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My daughter and I stayed here in September for 8 nights. I can honestly say I have no complaints, however my daughter did suffer from mossie bites, whereas I did not get bitten once and she found the bed too hard, which I guess it was, mind you have slept on much worse in a supposedly 5 star hotel in Koh Samui. The hotel do their best to eradicate the problem by spraying regularly. I don't think it is a problem just with this hotel, reading reviews of other hotels I think it is just something you have to put up with when being in Bali, living in Adelaide we get our fair share of mossies every summer, that's why we have fly screens on doors and windows, so in that respect I don't really think you can complain. The breakfast was always great, with what I believe to be a good selection, but they don't seem to have vegemite, which is unusual as the majority of the guests were Australian. We had lunch most days at the pool restaurant and the food was wonderful. The staff were always extremely polite and helpful throughout the hotel. Check in and out was a breeze. I guess the only thing is the location, it is extremely quiet in Tuban, if it's full on action that you are looking for then this is not the place. If you want a nice quiet hotel but within a matter of minutes via taxi to other areas, then I highly recommend this hotel especially for the price. It is just a short stroll to the beach, which has a fantastic path all the way into Kuta. We strolled that many times either on the way to the Discovery Mall or Kuta, then on the way back. Mind you it is interesting walking along the main road to Discovery Mall. I guess I love the fact that you can walk to Discovery Mall, Kuta etc from this location and either do it via a very busy street or along the beach front. We had a deluxe room, it is was very spacious, cleaned every day, the air conditioner wasn't brilliant, but we coped, shower was over the bath which I don't particularly like, but no big deal. So all in all a good hotel!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Heyjo29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hawke's Bay Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed here for 2 weeks in a garden villa room and it was great. We loved our wee bit of sanctuary after a busy day exploring Bali. The room and bed were big. Bathroom facilities excellent. Yes there are mossies but they spray frequently.We bought a can of spray as well for the room. The pool was excellent and very well maintained, so clean. Although fully booked we never had problems getting a lounger by the pool. Staff always friendly and helpful. Breakfast excellent something for everyone and freshly cooked eggs everyday.
Location for us was perfect. Away from the noise of central Kuta but only a leisurely walk along the beach front to Discovery Centre and Poppies Lane Area. Lots of lovely eating places round about the Hotel-spoilt for choice and spas to visit which we did everyday.
We would return definitely to stay and would recommend the hotel to travellers.

Room Tip: We chose a Deluxe garden Villa -Room 250 on the ground floor by the pool and we sat and had drinks e...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank murrbren
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My family had a very enjoyable stay here in September and I would go back and stay again. My husband and I had a Pool villa suite, which we loved- everything worked really well and the bed was the biggest I had ever seen! The bathroom was big and roomy, although the salty water was a bit hard on the hair!! My suggestion is to take a can of flyspray as the mossies were quite bad! The pool was clean and sparkly- and was very relaxing to be in at the end of a busy day! Our older children had a deluxe room in the main part of the hotel and it was very roomy as well, the only complaint was the water pressure in the shower, which seemed to be a bit hit and miss, but this is a problem anywhere in Bali once you get into multi story buildings. Breakfast was good each morning, although it was very busy a couple of mornings, so space was at a premium. The only suggestion I have for the hotel would be to get the pool bar staff to go around asking people on the sunlounges if they would like something, rather than having to go up to the bar itself. Another tip for guests is not to get money changed at the shop next to the laundry across the road- I got ripped off after trying to be vigilant, and I am a seasoned Bali Traveller! This resort suited us very well and we would stay here again, hopefully all the footpaths will be finished next time we go!!

Room Tip: Pool villas and garden villas would be the pick
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Cathie146
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 October 2012

For our honeymoon, we were agreed to choose one that has private pool, but the location was always been a debate between us. I hate the hustle Kuta while he wanted to have easy access to anything (esp. food). That means crossing out the private villa in Kerobokan that I've been eyeing for a while.

In my desperate search attempt, I remembered that I forgot to search here. Reading all the positive reviews made me sure to choose this resort. Looking at the website made me smile, they have "pay 2, get 3 nights" promo, perfect for our plane schedule.

I tried to reserve it, but unfortunately they use credit card as the only payment (on website). Called them right away, then they allowed me to transfer the cash to their bank account. I was so happy that they're not as rigid as I thought they would be.

We arrived at night, the check-in was a breeze, no more than 5 min and we were being led to our villa. We've got an upgrade from Pool View Villa to Suite Pool Villa and voucher for spa. As I walked to the villa, we passed a beautifully lit main pool and garden.

The main gate of the villa was adorned with traditional Balinese style. The room was so spacious. They have a big LED TV and a hi-fi system. You could play your movies/music on CD/DVD/USB here. The bed & the couch was so comfortable that my husband fallen asleep there while waiting for me to get out of the bathroom.

The bathroom, like Sambo82D said, could be considered as the best bathroom I've ever had. It's big, has a separate shower stall & toilet, and a bathtub with TV. Well, its screen was smaller and has fewer channel than the main TV at the bedroom, but it's a nice entertainment when you're soaking yourself within a hot water after a tiring journey.

The amenities in the bathroom were standard, there's also a hairdryer installed on the wall. Oh, and a bathroom scale to check whether your weight has increased after a series of Bali culinary journey. The cupboard was quiet big, they also provided 2 bathrobes & slippers and a safe deposit box that a 12" laptop could be stored there.

We found that the plunge pool was so refreshing, perfect to cool down ourselves after a morning stroll at Kuta Beach. I read here that there were a lot of mosquitoes, so I've brought myself a mosquitoes repellant from Jakarta. It turned out that they also provided the room with an electric mosquitoes repellant. But even when we didn't turned it on, we're not getting bitten at all.

What I also love from this resort is the staff, so helpful, always smiling & greeting at us.

The only thing that I don't like from my visit was no remote control for the A/C. It was attached on the wall. Not a big deal actually, I just don't like it. And there's hardly any variation for the breakfast menu. The taste is okay, but kind of boring if you have to eat the same kind of food for 3 days straight.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tsukisuki
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Stayed 3 nights here from 7-10oct for honeymoon. Apart from the good first impression to the hotel rooms and service staffs, the rest are borderline nightmare.

We were upgraded from deluxe to premier. Room looks really impressive with large bed, cleanliness and large toilet with outdoor shower. My wife n i stayed for a few minutes then we proceed with tour bali.

We came back around 7pm then we notice something wrong with our room. It smells literally like sh** (pardon me but this is true). It gets worse in the toilet when we were bathing. When we brush our teeth, we found the water is very salty. Moreover, there were mosquitos everywhere. I think i killed about 10 of them and they are still around.

We decided to complain and were promised to a room change only the next day because they are fully booked due to some ongoing event. We endured a sleepless night in the end.

We were upgraded again to pool villa. Though smell was no longer there, we had totally different kind of bad experience here. The bed looked big but is actually 2 queen bed joined together - not good for honeymooners like us. Moquitos are double than the previous room. Toilet lighting were mulfunctioning and windows blinds cant be closed.

Pool in our villa is more like a fish pond and the scary thing the staff will clean it without our permission using the back door.

Third night my wife lost her cell phone in the hotel. She just realised it when we were checked out. Made a phone call to them but nothing is found. Read a review some1 lost money from the hotel but ignored it due to rave reviews and we never experience such theft before.

3 nights to forget.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Chaluqs
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 October 2012

this was our 2nd stay at this resort the location is good the staff and service were exellent the pool is great for adults and children this was our 2nd stay in a superior cottage the only problem we had this time around was a blocked toilet and a continuos odor from the drains in the bathroom while the cleaning staff were trying they had no idea or no training how to clean the bathroom the oduor was coming from the dirty floor traps that looked like they had never been cleaned i hope the management take notice of this problem beacause i would still stay at this resort on my next trip but i will bring a brush and bleach to clean the traps

Room Tip: stay in a garden vila or a superior cottage much better rooms than the north or south wings of the h...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank bruce m
London
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I loved Rama Beach and would happily return to Bali, and to this hotel, at the first opportunity. When we arrived at this hotel we were upgraded for free to a beautiful room, right next to the restaurant and the pool. We had arrived from Singapore, where we'd stayed in a beautiful but tiny hotel room. The room at Rama Beach was more like a suite! The bathroom was amazing! The shower was behind glass, with an open section and wood panelled floor. There was a dressing area that lead from the bathroom into the bedroom, to the biggest bed I have ever had the pleasure to sleep in! The staff in this hotel are amazing, and my boyfriend and I agree that it's the best hotel breakfast we have ever had. Not only is the food fantastic, but its is a relaxing and enjoyable space to dine in, with big comfortable chairs, and it's completely shaded. You will not be disappointed with this hotel if you are looking for a great base from which to explore. Bali is very large but Taxi's are cheap and the location of Rama Beach puts you within an easy taxi ride of many attractions.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Premier Deluxe Cottage. We were upgraded for free as it was a quiet time of year, bu...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sambo82D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa
Febri's Hotel & Spa
Alaya Resort Kuta
Alaya Resort Kuta
#4 of 251 in Kuta
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali
The Anvaya Beach Resort Bali

Been to Rama Beach Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!