Rama Beach Resort and Villas
  • Breakfast included
US$78
  • Pool
US$100
HARRIS Hotel Tuban(Tuban)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$54
US$21
  • Pool
1,614 results
All reviewspool villadeluxe cottagepool bardeep pooldiscovery mallclose to the airportbuffet breakfastquiet locationaway from the hustle and bustlegreat poolbusy kutamin walksouth kutaan upgradeegg stationrestaurant staffpool side
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at Rama Beach Resort in early June for six nights. When we arrived we were delighted to be upgraded from a pool villa to a suite pool villa for no extra charge. There was a brief issue in regard to an extra bed for our son but I whipped out a copy of the original correspondence with the assistant sales manager, Yuni, and problem solved. Dealing with Yuni via emails was a delight, she is a lovely lady, and always responded quickly to my queries. The reception staff were very welcoming and friendly, which I found to be the case right throughout the resort for our entire stay. The guys on reception would joke around with big wide smiles with my son when collecting the key and it was a delight to see. The suite pool villa was huge, beautifully appointed, and private. We did have a problem with a few mosquitos but quickly dispatched them! The villa pool was a beautiful oasis after a long, hot day if we didn’t want to use the public pool at the resort. The resort’s pool was fabulous, really clean and refreshing. There were lots of loungers and a great bar and small restaurant area to the side. I thought the massage area was a bit of a wasted space jutting out into the pool. This could be better utilised as a seating area, as there was never anyone there the whole time we stayed. The main restaurant is open air and adjacent to the pool. The buffet breakfast was good and the choice vast, more than enough to satisfy everyone’s tastes. The restaurant staff were friendly and always there to help, especially the lovely Susi who was a joy to deal with. We enjoyed the Friday night BBQ in the restaurant at the front of the resort. The cost was very moderate and the food great. There was also the best Balinese gamelan musicians ever, they were so happy performing with huge smiles that you couldn’t stop yourself from smiling too! The traditional dancers were fabulous too, especially when they got my son up to dance, which was hilarious. Room service was great and prices reasonable. Yummy chicken satays and delicious Gado Gado. What we really loved about Rama Beach was that it wasn’t an ultra modern, huge concrete monstrosity without personality. It’s a smallish, quiet resort where you can chill out and relax. The area surrounding the resort is filled with spas, little shops, some lovely beach restaurants (especially Envy which was really good value), and the beach is just a short walk away. Tuban is removed from the craziness of Kuta, but still close enough to walk to all the sights, or catch a cheap taxi if it’s too hot. We really enjoyed our stay at Rama Beach Resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gayle S
Yuni R, ASM at Rama Beach Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear GSibs,

It’s a pleasure to know that overall you had great experience with us

Thank you for your lovely comments, It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service.

We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We searched reviews on a well priced hotel with a good breakfast and nice pool and got it. The hotel is uniquely small with that intimate feeling compared with massive hotels around us. Location is close to the airport but that does not matter. It is relatively quiet compared to the hussel and bussel of central Kuta which is within easy walking distance. Staff are very friendly.

Room Tip: We had adjoining rooms at the lower end in price. Although a little tired, they were clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable. The hotel is being refurbished and the villas look really nice and new, so if you don't mind paying a bit more I would recommend you go for these.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna J

Dear Anna J,

Thank you very much for staying at Rama Beach and spending the time to write such a wonderful review

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again

asm@ramabeachhotel.com

Reviewed 6 July 2014

First time staying in Tuban and we loved it. The Rama Beach was a great choice, 10 minutes from the airport and yet quiet, huge rooms (ours was the standard), very comfy bed and pillows. The staff made us feel as if we had been visiting for years.
Buffet breakfast served from 7-10 was awesome with everything from sushi, indonesian, waffles, pancakes, omelettes, eggs every way,bacon, sausage, beans, fruit, juice, pastries, cakes and really good bread.
The dinning room, a large open air pavilion with high ceilings, was spacious and comfortable.
Service was brill eg could not get salt out of the shaker and within seconds a plate with sachets appeared.
The pool a delight and 2.4m in depth with cascading water with a bar and spa close by. There are two bales and plenty of sun-loungers + towels available.
Live entertainment most nights plus Friday night BBQs.
We met a few couples who were repeat visitors and staying for a month which confirms that the hotel provides value for money consistently.
All the public areas are well maintained and spacious.
Tuban itself is very convenient for spas, warungs, laundry, other hotels, shops and an easy walk into Kuta along the beachfront. You can also walk out the back gate and reach the new hypomart within 10 minutes.
Overall I would give the Rama Beach 8/10.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janeo56

Dear Janeo56,

Thank you for sharing your review about your stay at Rama Beach

We are happy that you had a pleasant stay with us and we hope to see you coming back enjoying at for the resort as you did last time

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is the fourth time staying here over10 years and we are on our last day here today :(We have looked at other Hotels but none compare to this one. On price, location and service to customer's. Have stayed in 4 types of rooms from average room to deluxe , pool villa and family villa. I recomend the pool villa if you are a couple and stay during school holiday time as the main pool area can become quite crowded with rambunctious kids this way enjoy your own pool. I think for me id just stay in the deluxe next time. Rooms are clean & spacious.
Staff are awesome ready to cater to your every need, we have our favourites Wyan, Wally, Beny. The gardens are beautiful and kept imaculate by the staff,breakfast is yummy, Bbq nights on friday are great and well done, staff need a pay increase they do a fantastic job free shuttle bus to discovery mall kuta or 10-15 minute walk. Tuban beach is 100 meters away and my husband goes surfing in the morning to kuta reef a guy takes him on a boat. They could improve is if the happy hour at the bar was buy 1 get 1 free not buy 2 get 1 free otherwise best hotel ive stayed at in Bali.

Room Tip: pool villa if you are a couple and stay during school holiday time as the main pool area can become quite crowded with rambunctious kids. Deluxe rooms nice and light.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Bex H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences of your recent stay

We are so pleased to hear your satisfaction about the service offered and the helpfullness of the staff

Really hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is my second time I've been in Bali and both times I spent at Rama Beach and I have had an amazing time here. The food is amazing and they chefs (who I have spoken to) are just lovely.
The pool is always clean and open very late. The rooms are beautiful and made up every day so thank you so much to housekeeping, you've done an amazing job!

Now on to my favourite people who work here:
Puspita (front desk/reception): you made me feel like I have a sister in Bali and your customer service skills are highly impressive and it is very obvious you work very hard at your job. Never met a nicer person who has worked reception.

Benny and Woody (pool bar): always great to have a laugh and always told me to be careful when going out at night on my own and made sure I was ok the next day. They went out of their way to stop and have a chat to me. The quality of drinks are great especially with the cocktails, they give you what you pay for.

The boys on front desk/reception (I'm sorry I haven't remembered names): you guys are very funny and I could always have a laugh with you.

You have all made me feel like this is my second home, especially when I came to Bali by myself this year. Thank you all for your amazing services and I wish you all the best!
I'll definitely be back next yr!!

Room Tip: If you are travelling alone or with a partner, before you book a room, ask to make sure they don't put you in a room next door to a family with screaming kids. That's where my lack of sleep was.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shannon S

Dear Shannon S,

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our staff's service and our room.

It sounds like you had a great stay with us

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again