Starting off on a positive, the staff are so friendly, extremely helpful, the pool is great with comfy sun loungers, cheap room service and the Rama Cheese Burger was very satisfying!
The negatives include the breakfast - if you love your breakfast, want good quality and a variety do not stay here. It is very budget and basic.
We booked the Garden Villa and although spacious, it looked very tired and dated, so we upgraded (yes we had to pay) to the Pool "Suite" which is very nice. Hard mattress and pillows though.
There were a lot of renovations happening while we were there which was really disappointing. The pizzeria right next to the pool was being worked on, cornered off by fibro sheets and the occasional chainsaw and hammering as background music while we tried to relax at the pool.
The Tennis courts were being renovated so not in use.
Then they decided to empty out the pond that surrounded the restaurant which was messy and smelly from old water and dying coy fish.
Outside the resort is dirty, crumbling concrete fences, a new holiday inn resort being built opposite, there were bull dozers and machinery on the beach and emptied shops used as rubbish dumps in between the Rama and the 5* Ma Jolly Restaurant with old food & waste spilling onto the street. It wreaked.
There are no restaurants apart from Ma Jolly (which looked lovely) within a short walking distance so we spent most of our time in taxi going to places in Seminyak which were brilliant.
Maybe when all the renovations are finished and the Restaurant actually takes note of the breakfast complaints and changes, this would be a moderate place to stay. Close to airport and to kuta.
Would we stay again? No.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RAMA BEACH Resort & Villas is located in Tuban, South Kuta, only a few strides away from the famous Kuta beach,Airport and offers guests a choice between Deluxe rooms or private Garden / Pool villas, surrounded by spacious tropical gardens. The elegant pool area, with its contemporary style and flowing cascades,sunken bar is a blissful place to relax in the midday heat while the sportier guests can make use of our tennis court in the cooler morning or evening. For the ultimate relaxation, spoil yourself and discover the emotional serenity and physical rejuvenation of our therapeutic SPA. When the urge to shop strikes, our shuttle bus plies between the hotel and the popular Discovery Shopping Mall, Lippo Mall ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Rama Beach Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rama Beach Resort And Villas Hotel Tuban
- Rama Beach Hotel
- Rama Beach Resort And Villas Bali/Tuban