Stayed here from 19-23 Dec 09. We were a family of 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 senior citizens.
I was very pleased with my experience at this resort even though it was not my first choice when looking for accoms.
Staff were welcoming. No problem with reservations and check-in even though we arrived near midnight. Staff spoke both Bahasa as well as English with relative ease.
Well manicured gardens. Nice architecture with villas and landscaping. Only problem was that if it rained, it's open all the way to the reception. Nonetheless, umbrellas were available in each room.
Spacious and clean. TV had local and foreign channels. Wifi available for a fee. Internet vouchers can be bought from the front desk. Think it was 50,000 rupiahs for 4 hours. Bathroom was big with tub and fixed shower. Hairdryer available.
Breakfast spread was good enough with local and western dishes.
Very nicely done. Sufficient for swimming as well as just playing around, Enough tanning chairs to go around. You can also have your drinks while sitting in the pool.
No problems encountered with billing. They were having problems for a few hours with the line connection for the credit card machine. Although inconvenient for some of the other guests who had to rush to the airport, I think the manager handled things professionally to the best he could.
1. Wish internet was free
2. No in-room safe for superior and deluxe rooms.
3. Bathroom flush a bit weak and the water could smell a little funky at times.
4. The tiles of the swimming pool are very rough. It's prob an anti-slip feature but if you brush against it, it could cause abrasions. Also, the depth was either very deep (2.4m) or very shallow. No in between.
5. Pretty far walk from Kuta but they have hotel shuttles at 10, 2 and 4.
6. The beach outside (Rama beach) was dirty. Maybe it was cos of low tide but it definitely wasn't meant for swimming. A lot of small boats in the water. The only clean part of the beach was directly in front of the Holiday Inn next to the hotel where it was combed over. But the beach was very very quiet ie no activity.
If you want to be in the midst of the action, this isn't the place for you. But if you want a pleasant and comfortable stay where kids can have fun in the pool away from the crowds, then this is perfect. I would probably consider this hotel again if I caome to Bali again. Maybe try out the villas next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RAMA BEACH Resort & Villas is located in Tuban, South Kuta, only a few strides away from the famous Kuta beach,Airport and offers guests a choice between Deluxe rooms or private Garden / Pool villas, surrounded by spacious tropical gardens. The elegant pool area, with its contemporary style and flowing cascades,sunken bar is a blissful place to relax in the midday heat while the sportier guests can make use of our tennis court in the cooler morning or evening. For the ultimate relaxation, spoil yourself and discover the emotional serenity and physical rejuvenation of our therapeutic SPA. When the urge to shop strikes, our shuttle bus plies between the hotel and the popular Discovery Shopping Mall, Lippo Mall ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splitty, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rama Beach Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rama Beach Resort And Villas Hotel Tuban
- Rama Beach Hotel
- Rama Beach Resort And Villas Bali/Tuban