We were on honeymoon and this was our first trip to Bali & did not know what to expect, only what other people had told us. We decided on Rama Beach as it was reasonably priced & thought Tuban would be a good location away from the centre of Kuta which from what we had been told was busy and hectic.
We arrived in Bali around 8 am and were met by the one of the Hotels drivers. As check in wasnt until 2pm we expected to have to put our luggage in the luggage room and find something to do until check in time, however as soon as we arrived we were given welcome drinks and checked in straight away which was great as we could start relaxing & enjoying our holiday.
We noticed the room looked different to the one we had booked (deluxe room) so went and asked at reception if it was the same room and they told me they had upgraded us to a deluxe cottage at no extra cost.
Breakfast was always great, huge amount of choice and an egg station too. Breakfast usually kept us going until dinner time.
Staff were always friendly and greeted us with smiles and hellos each time we saw them. The tours & activities lady (Merri) was friendly and got us good deals on tours we wanted to do with extra discounts.
The location was great, it was only a 15-20 min walk into Kuta for shopping & restauarants, or Rama Beach offered a free shuttle service there & back, or you could take a taxi into Kuta for only dollar or two. There are a few massage places within short walking distance of hotel and a good tattoo place (Bali Dreamz) which we visited a couple of times.
Pool was always sparkling clean and nice and cool. There is no longer a swim up bar but there is a poolside bar where the waiters will serve you in the pool anyway. Drinks a little pricey but what you would expect for a hotel.
We went to the Saturday night BBQ which was US $25 each and included Balinese dancers and a big variety of BBQ's food - satay sticks with chicken, fish, squid, lamb, and a suckling pig aswell as vegies, salads and desserts. Absolutley delicious food.
Overall we would recommend Rama Beach for its friendliness, location and generally great feel about the hotel.
Cant wait to get back to Bali in 2010!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RAMA BEACH Resort & Villas is located in Tuban, South Kuta, only a few strides away from the famous Kuta beach,Airport and offers guests a choice between Deluxe rooms or private Garden / Pool villas, surrounded by spacious tropical gardens. The elegant pool area, with its contemporary style and flowing cascades,sunken bar is a blissful place to relax in the midday heat while the sportier guests can make use of our tennis court in the cooler morning or evening. For the ultimate relaxation, spoil yourself and discover the emotional serenity and physical rejuvenation of our therapeutic SPA. When the urge to shop strikes, our shuttle bus plies between the hotel and the popular Discovery Shopping Mall, Lippo Mall ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your Rama Beach Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rama Beach Resort And Villas Hotel Tuban
- Rama Beach Hotel
- Rama Beach Resort And Villas Bali/Tuban