“Great Sunset” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner
Adelaide, Australia
“Great Sunset”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

That was about the only good thing. Great sunset and the three guys in the singing group we ok. The food was terrible. Had been looking forward to the evening. So over cooked the flesh wouldn't come out of the shell. Very over priced.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
“Disaster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Overly expensive, poor food quality and quantity. Poor service, took 1 hour for the food to arrive. I would really stay away if I were you...

• Visited April 2014
Sydney, Australia
“rip off - they should be ashamed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have copied some from a previous review because thats how we got stung it doesn't do justice to Bali as we ate at some great places on the side of the road and some high end restaurants over the 2 weeks we were here. Any way, I'm sure our driver got a nice kickback for taking us there .No one who gets the chance to research this restaurant would eat here. Since you are reading this review and therefore have the luxury of learning about this place beforehand - AVOID!!!! . Way over priced and is next to a tip also hawkers selling fireworks are a ripoff they obviously don't want the tourist dollars and I hope the power of trip advisor works on this seedy business

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mark B
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Really bad. Fish taste like medecine. Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Like the review below the fish we ate had a bad taste. I tasted like medicine. Not just over date but really toxic. Beside that, locals where incinerating waste not far from the restaurant. Pretty common in Bali but really not nice if you eat next to eat. The rest of the food not great and really overpriced, even for sanur!

• Visited March 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Expensive and contaminated fish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Read about seafood dining at Jimbaran Bay in the LP guidebook (another fail for that edition) so we initial didn't mind having diner in this area when our hired driver to Uluwatu suggested stopping here for diner on the way back to Legian.

I thought we'd have a choice of places to eat but our driver took us straight to Tiram and insisted it was the only place 'open' at the time. It was very dark (got there at 8pm-ish) and I couldn't really see any other place in the immediate area so I thought how bad could it be?

We picked out two of the local fishes from the sea food counter. I was a bit annoyed that we had to order the whole fish (who can finish 400g?) so it would have been better to share a single one. We wanted to try different varieties so picked the smallest out of the two we wanted.

Our fish looked presentable but upon biting in there were these extremely bitter acrid patches of flesh that were inedible. Something was wrong with that seafood. I don't fish so I have no idea if it was because the fish were not cleaned properly and parts of the gut contents were spilled on the flesh, or if the fish was old or improperly stored, or if it was caught in the contaminated waters around Kuta (apparently lots of run-off in the area). I should have complained more as it was quite pricey for inedible food but it was the end of a long day and we just wanted to get out of there. I'm sure our driver got a nice kickback for taking us there (driver booked through D'kubu Daje Homestay in Legian, FYI)

We basically paid for a table at the beach, but this point was null since we arrived after sunset. The sad thing is that tour groups probably get this place sprung on them when their driver pulls up to the door. No one who gets the chance to research this restaurant would eat here.

This was the worst place we ate at in a month of travelling

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank meeeohhmy

Been to Tiram Bistro? Share your experiences!