“Right on the beach with a great restaurant and pool”
Review of The Sandi Phala

The Sandi Phala
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Tuban
Tucson, AZ
“Right on the beach with a great restaurant and pool”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The resort is nine minutes from the airport and is right on the beach. The beach is clean and smooth and there are many beautiful coral specimens around. There is a large, beautiful warm swimming pool as well as in-room pools in certain rooms.

Breakfast is included and you are allowed to order anything you wanted at the adjacent May Jolie restaurant, which was also right on the beach.

This was our second stay here and we would go back again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank poona

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Sceaux-sur-Huisne, France
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We just spent a night and we had one Pool suite and one Standard room. The service was excellent. The hotel staff is constantly looking after you, however in a very discreet way. The room comes with lots of goodies, the bathroom is wonderful, all the decoration typical Balinese exquisite taste. It is slightly off Kuta downtown, away from the agitation of the city. A great place to stay, only 7 mns far from the airport.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PMB92
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We unfortunately only spent one night in this lovely hotel not far from the Bali international airport in Denpasar! We had an early flight out to Hong Kong the next day after spending a week in Amed, on the east coast of Bali. Our room was beautiful with a large bath with a huge tub and separate large shower, a balcony with a private pool and lounge in addition to a table and chairs where we had a delicious room service breakfast. There was even complimentary high speed internet and the service by each of the staff members we encountered was impeccable! Would highly recommend this hotel and would certainly go back for a much longer stay!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank BeckyPG
brisbane
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We were here last year as well, and nothing has changed which is what we wanted. Perfect rooms, great pool and fantastic food, which is outstanding. After traveling through S.E asia this was our last stop to recover and relax, and this is the place to do it in.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrisbaneHoliday
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Sandi phala exceeded my expectations! Friendly service with a smile, gorgeous rooms, quiet beach in front and pool inside...it had everything we needed for our girls holiday and more. Complimentary airport shuttle made things so convenient. Large rooms, spacious bathrooms with huge tub and rain shower, l'occitane toiletries, delicious breakfast...absolutely nothing but raves about this place. Most importantly, the location in tuban was convenient to get to kuta, legian and seminyak by car (about 10mins to kuta beach). Staff also helped us book a spa and when my friend was ill they asked if we needed water and called the tour we booked to cancel. Will stay here again the next time I'm in Bali.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank annellelazatin
Kent
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My daughter and Son in Law who live in Australia had already booked a trip to Bali and at the last minute suggested we join them. This was our first visit to Bali and lovely Sandi Phala was a perfect starting place. We were there for 5 days at the start of our trip and it was chosen in ignorance and with speed. We weren't keen on the choice my daughter had made for her first five days as it was in the mountains and we like to see the sea but wanted to be near enough enough to my daughters hotel so that we could meet up easily in the evening. As 'first timers' to Bali we hadn't accounted for the traffic jams eating into the travel times but after a couple of days you just make allowances. When we told her we had booked a hotel in Kuta she was horrified and said we would hate it. She was certainly right about Kuta but we were so glad our ignorance brought as to the Sandi Phala. Dont let the location put you off and certainly our hearts were sinking as we drove from the airport but as you turn into the hotel, it's a little oasis. The staff were a delight from the moment we saw Bude holding the name of the hotel aloft amongst the hundreds of other names at Denpasar airport until the time we sadly moved on after our five days. It was everything I had expected Bali to be. The room was spotless and absolutely nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff and after our exhausting 22 hour flight from the Uk to sit in the little bar overlooking the beach at sunset with a mojito in my hand, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven and new that the long journey had been worth it.

The Ma Joly restaurant is a must for a least one night of your visit. Is it expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes. Although I don't think the prices are especially more expensive than a reasonably priced high end restaurant in the UK but I except there are much cheaper places around but if you stay away from the wine and factor in the setting and ambiance in my opinion it's really very reasonable. Again the staff and service were impeccable and I'm cross with myself that I didn't write this review earlier ( we went in February) and I could have dropped a few names.

The hotel itself is small and wouldn't be suitable if you were looking to meet up and make friends with other hotel guests - some days we had the pool to ourselves - But it's perfect if you want a relaxing, pampered time and especially for arriving and unwinding after a long journey and for when it's time to go and only want a sort hop to the airport as it's literally 6 mins away and they operate a shuttle. I can't wait to go back to Bali and Sandi Phala would be my first stop.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lesleyandrea
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here on the last night of our trip due to early flight in the morning. We were surpirsed at the excellence of the hotel as we weren't expecting much from this choice, mainly driven by convenience.

So know what you are staying for

Stay here if:
- You have an early flight in the morning and want to relax on your last day.
- You want to spend time in the room but have the option of a lovely pool and a beach
- Want to have excellent but expensive dinner in a beautiful setting.

Don't stay here if :
- you want to be remote and in a picturesque setting.
- you want a paradise beach, beach is ok but not breathtaking
- You have plenty of time, there are definitley better locations in Bali

Pros:
- Incredible staff (see story below)
- Fantastic room (we got upgraded to a garden suite)
- Lovely pool
- Access to beach
- Distance to airport without any noise

Cons:
- Distance to Town
- Food is great but expensive, also it is more Western fine dining so don't expect local gems... but then again you are in Kuta.. this is not the proper Bali!!

The lost Camera:

On our way from Ubud to the Sandi Phala we left our camera in the taxi. The taxi we had picked up from the street in Ubud in front of one of the Museums.

We asked hotel staff and they said to leave it to them. Security had noted the drivers license plate so they got in touch with our previous hotel in Ubud to have them track down the driver. I had already written off the camera and pictures as lost but during dinner the staff approached us telling us they had located the driver and he wanted to speak to me. I have no idea how they did it or whether the driver had contacted them.

Anyways I spoke to the driver ( not a very friendly chap) and obviously he demanded money and I offered him 70 USD which was the cost of a return trip to the hotel from Ubud.
He agreed to bring the camera the next morning but after I got off the phone the hotel staff said it was not a safe arrangement. They were worried he would get there late and not in time for our flight and most likely try ot extort more money. In their opinion he should bring us the camera and hope for a finders fee, but demanding payment was a "bad attitude" since he could have just handed the camera to our hotel in Ubud.

So the staff actually offered to go to Ubud that very night ot retrieve our camera from him. They explicitly asked for no payment in return but I gave them 20 USD each for their effort anyways plus a 20 USD for the driver of the taxi (after, all he now didn't have to exert any effort on his part).

Long story short, by 11pm we had our camera back. Obviously I would have paid way more to have my pictures returned to me, but because of the courtesy of the staff I did not have to.

To me this is great service.

Room Tip: For room dwellers garden suite is great, but no views from the room