“Family friendly budget accommodation”

Bakungs Beach Hotel
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Tuban
Sydney
“Family friendly budget accommodation”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed here for one night before an early flight the next morning. The price for the rooms was outstanding but yes it is a little tired and dated but clean enough. The pool was large and clean and the food very reasonably priced. I would consider staying here again as long as our room did not back onto the new shopping centre, as the air conditioning unit was loud and it was hard to get to sleep. There are a lot of stairs which you may need to consider if you struggle with them. Overall if you are not too fussy this would satisfy a family on a budget holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sue W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I was book this hotel for two days and four rooms via ticktab.com. When i book this hotel, the price is 250.000 Rupiahs or about 22,7 US Dollars per night per room. Initially I just choose this hotel based on low cost and breakfast included. But when I check-in in this hotel. It gives me more than i expect. For 22,7 US Dollars per night, i get large, clean and comfort room, with the terrace on every room. The breakfast is also delicious although there are only two choices, toast and fried rice. The location also near to the Kuta beach, you just walk 5 minutes to Kuta beach. All the photo that shown on tripadvisor.com about this hotel is based on reality.

Room Tip: all the room is quite good, even a standard room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank amrin s
Western Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Upon arriving at the hotel around midnight I was greeted by friendly staff, although poor English (doesnt bother me though), the lobby area gave a great first impression - clean and well presented. The hotel exterior, although dated and a little run down, had a traditional Balinese feel about it, and the gardens looked maintained enough. The pool was clean and I did see a few small groups hanging around who seemed to be enjoying themselves.

The standard room I was allocated on the other hand, was far from pleasing. The towels in the bathroom were badly worn with threads hanging off everywhere and covered in stains. The sheets had a few small tears and stains as well. Although, when the room was serviced the following day, I was provided with much cleaner and fresher linen.

No toiletries were supplied and the bathroom was far from clean. There was black mold in most corners and the sink was completely broken. After mentioning to three seperate staff that the sink was pouring water over everything as the piping underneath was so severely corroded it had detached from the sink, they did not attempt to fix it until around 10pm at night on my second night when I had returned home from dinner. Obviously the pipe needed to be completely replaced, but instead of offering anything to substitute the problem, or a room move, they simply removed the entire pipe leaving a gaping hole in the sink for even more water to drown the floor. Unfortunately, the only drain was in the shower on the other side of the bathroom, so water just pooled all over the floor.

The wardrobe in the room shocking, every single door and drawer was busted and difficult to open. The bed was comfortable enough, but despite requesting a queen bed, I was given two single beds zipped together and no mattress topper to disguise the huge dent in the middle.

The TV in the room was a huge wall mounted flat screen with cable and great reception.

I paid a couple of bucks extra for breakfast when booking but decided to go out for breakfast each morning, so I can't really comment on that.

The location was not the best - close to the airport and the beach, although the beach was pretty dirty, many shops around and few nice cafes and restaurants. There was a large shopping centre being built just a few doors down but I couldn't here any noise or anything from the hotel.

I feel that I was allocated the most convenient room to access given my late arrival time, but it was by all means an overall unpleasant experience. As a young girl in my twenties traveling on my own, they probably thought I wouldn't care or complain. I work in the industry and have been employed in hotels varying from backpacker hostels to five star resorts, and I hate to say it but I would not recommend this property unless in undergoes a serious revamp in the standard rooms. There are many other comments on here saying otherwise, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt and think that maybe I was just unlucky and was given a crap room.

Room Tip: Don't go for the standard rooms. And don't pay too much for a room. I paid around $30per nig...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Tuban hotels

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Me and my partner have stayed her twice within the last 2 months. We are traveling around Asia and had two good last minute deals with this hotel. Our room was very spacious, but basic, everything we needed though, aircon and hot water. The breakfast is quite basic, the pool is nice but needs some maintenance (cracked tiles everywhere and the level of chlorine into he swimming pool is very high, so watch your eyes). The staff were very friendly and polite and helped us when we asked. There isa. Brilliant hypermarket just opened next to the hotel, it is amazing. As the breakfast was very basic, we decided to buy our own toast toppings, which was very cheap and made the breakfast better.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 46kirstie46
Selangor
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We found the place to be a good base close to the airport due to the very early hour arrival time at Dempasar Airport. We were booked for 5 nights at the hotel. Staff and the security guard were on hand for a speedy room and luggage check in before we were off again on a 3 hour drive to another dive resort leaving excess baggage behind. The room with bathroom clean and spacious was on d ground floor, which made it convenient for us. Breakfast offered with d room was adequate but I found the taste of water required getting used to as it tasted like ORS. Better to have yr own mineral water supply. The hotel is well known as own arrangements for tours and outings was a breeze and pick up was on the dot. Lots of activities in d surrounding area including d beach was within walking distance of d hotel. All in all it was good planning staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have many bags, rooms on d ground floor would be very convenient.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank marie d
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed at this very poor excuse of a hotel from August 22 to 27 2013...The room was basic and average..fairly clean but the linen was gross.Breakfast was not fit for human consumption as far as I'm concerned and looked disgusting.
The staff were nice though except for one annoying bar person at the pool bar that kept harassing me to get tattoos from his brother.Do yourself a favour and spend and extra few bucks and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RobRenton24
Bedford
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

We were greeted by a friendly security guard and were checked in quickly with a welcome drink. The porter and security helped us carry our bags to the room which was nice. We stayed in a deluxe double room and it was OK. It was clean enough with a bed, wardrobe, tv, shower, air con and balcony with a view of the pool. The room was cleaned daily and we were given bottled water each day. There is also free wifi which was good. The bad thing about the room was that we had a connecting door to another room and we could hear everything they said and the tv which was annoying at 7am when we wanted to sleep.
We paid for breakfast and there was toast, fruit, rice, noodles, juice and hot drinks. You can request an omelette or other eggs if you wish. We ate in the same restaurant at lunch time but their was a dead fly in my food. The staff were apologetic and took the meal off of the bill.
The pool is lovely but there needs to be a few more sun loungers. There is also a pool bar which is good.
The location is good. The hotel is down a small lit up side street in a quiet area of Kuta. On the main road there are lots of restaurants, shops and bars and its about a ten minute walk to the busier part of Kuta. It's only a five minute walk to the water park. You can access the beach easily but if you want to head to the busier part of the beach where the waves are its about a twenty minute walk along the sea, it's OK but you will get constantly hassled by people trying to sell you things.
Over all I'd say the hotel is OK

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Natasha K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Bakung Sari Resort and Spa
#113 of 338 in Kuta
HARRIS Hotel Tuban
HARRIS Hotel Tuban
#4 of 21 in Tuban

Been to Bakungs Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!