“Nice balinese hotel”

Bakungs Beach Hotel
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Tuban
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed here 15 years ago on boys surfing holidays and just stayed again with my 10 yr old son and a mate.
Rooms clean, ac worked, nice big balcony, maintained gardens, new shopping center next door for all your needs, quick walk to beach, massage and laundry across the lane
Pool needs to be retiled sharp edges and alot of broken and missing tiles, more room around pool would be good
Seriosly you cant complain when you pay $30 a night
Yes i would stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sean M
There are newer reviews for Bakungs Beach Hotel

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel only for 2 nights with my friend. We looked into the Booking review and it was not too bad. But when we arrived at our room it was terrible, we asked a room for non smokers and guess what cigarettes butts in the bathroom. The sink was clogged and there was no curtains for the shower. We asked for another room, but they said that there was no room available. So they promissed to do the maintenance and a proper cleaning in the room. If you are only worried about the location this is an average hotel, but for everything else I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2014

stayed here for 2 nights in a standard room. we choose a budget hotel as we were going to be out for most o the days and only needed a place to rest. In saying that the hotel is old style with nice manicured gardens, staff are friendly. the standard rooms are just that. there were no toiletries provided only 2 bars of soap. the breakfast was shocking and had stomach aches after eating.

A new mall is located next door with a hypermarket there with everything you will need. Although the hotel is not central you can walk or take a short taxi ride in. the street has a few massage places and shops selling knick knacks.

Overalll I would spend a few extra dollars and stay somewhere a bit more upmarket.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights here. Our room was fine but it lacked natural light as it was in a position that literally avoided all sunlight! The staff were friendly and welcoming and would always say hello.

Our room looked little like the management pictures that it displays, with those 1960s itchy orange/brown blankets on the bed. The blanket also had hair stuck to it which was not mine or my boyfriend's and this made me feel quite uncomfortable!

The rest of the room was okay though and had a very large bathroom but it was tile from top to bottom and was also a bit dated like the blankets. There was a nice terrace outside our room with chairs and a table and also a drying rack.

The pool was refreshing but it really does need refurbishment as lots of the tiles are loose and broken! I cut my toe quite badly on one of the tiles and so did a guy within an hour of me cutting mine. I think this is something they really need to sort out because I don't think it's safe for children and I think someone could probably do a lot worse to themselves than just cut a toe.

The grounds of the hotel are lovely, very green and relaxing. The most trees I saw in Kuta! The food isn't bad either, we didn't have the breakfast but we did have a couple of lunches by the pool and it was fine. It wasn't anything extraordinary but enough to satisfy our hunger. The hotel is quite a walk from the very busy parts of Kuta but I thought this was quite nice because Kuta is so busy and the hassling is relentless! There are however restaurants and minimarts all around so you're certainly not isolated.

Overall, I think this place was okay for the price. It just really needs a good updating and those tiles re-doing in the pool. We definitely didn't have a bad stay but there were a few things that just let it down.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Value for money. AC is good. Hot water is good. Very large bed. Large and spacious room, Friendly staff, Large swimming pool, Large garden, Good location, located right behind Lippo Mall Kuta, a brand new large shopping mall in Kuta. A lot of food available in their food court.

Room Tip: Ask for room number 1xx , 2xx , or 3xx . It's on the new building. More spacious and very large...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Johnny_Brockmann
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Staff were friendly upon arrival but that is where the positives ended.

The room was old & outdated & we had to go up 2 flights of stairs to get there. There are stray cats living on the grounds (we saw at least 6). The room was infested with Mosquitos & my friend had bed bugs in her bed. The room is noisy by day & by night, during the night all you can hear is traffic, screaming from the streets & power tools being used at all hours.

We didnt even attempt to use the pool as it didnt look appealing & we went to have brekkie at the hotel restaurant but were stared down by other patrons/staff & the food didnt look good so we went elsewhere.

This hotel is more of a hostel & would barely be fit for a backpacker. Save your money & go for something a bit classier because this hotel certainly isn't worth it!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Redkari
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Simple small hotel and yeah they are not that organised at times but it is good location for the cost which was around Aus $25/night. The rooms are basic and nothing flash and you might have to get some glasses for yourself but there are little almost private balconies or terraces. The bed is a little too firm but have had that at expensive hotels. there is aircon and a fridge. Location is tucked away from noisy street and close to beach and Kartiki plaza shopping/restaurants etc.
Food at restaurant was basic but OK.

Room Tip: I prefer ground floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JAAMOR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Bakung Sari Resort and Spa
#79 of 254 in Kuta
HARRIS Hotel Tuban
HARRIS Hotel Tuban
#4 of 22 in Tuban

Been to Bakungs Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!