“Perfect wedding at ma joly”
Review of Ma-Joly

Ma-Joly
Ranked #6 of 61 Restaurants in Tuban
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Such an enchanted setting with a magnificient backdrop of the Indian Ocan makes Ma Joly a special destination for those seeking an intimate and unique place.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband I got married at ma joly in April 2014, and a beautiful day it was.

First and formost I would like to thank fiersa for the fantastic job he did. Nothing was a problem or too much. I really wanted fucshia pink and that is what I received, I swapped the menu to suit not that there was anything wrong with the menu it was just my dislike of dairy.

Prior to the wedding a friend and I made a trip to bali as I had done all the booking and confirmation by email without even seeing before booking. When we arrived I already knew I was not going to be disappointed. We went for a tasting of the menu which was superb, fiersa joined us for a while and was a pleasure.

On the wedding day it started to rain and we had booked a barefoot beach wedding, our wedding was at 5.30 so we had to make a call at 4 to bring it into the garden as fiersa was adament he did not want all our guest drenched. On his call it was all shifted to the garden and the reception under the main restaurant. This was all done in record time and all the staff went above and beyond to assist.

The reception, wedding were beautifully decorated and I couldn't have asked for anything better for a wedding that we received for the price we would have paid triple if not more in Australia and would not have received no where near the warmth and attention that all the staff at ma joly gave us. By the end of the night we were on first name basis with all the bar staff.

My husband and I stayed at sandi phala which is the hotel of ma joly and it was beautiful with our own private pool, massive rooms and gorgeous bathroom. The breakfast the next day was awesome.

Should you want a professional wedding with all the trimmings I highly recommend Ma Joly, it's definitely 5 star quality on service, people and accommodation.

We also had the photographer Dewa which Fiersa organised........OMG the photos are fantastic, it came in a beautiful case and as a hard covered book with 2 CDs. The 5 star photography completed the 5 star wedding.

Thank you fiersa and staff at m joly we will be back each time we visit bali :-) :-)

3  Thank Jane M

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife & I had a beautifully presented & stunning meal here tonight. Perfect location (romantic setting), very attentive staff, thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

1  Thank Nezzy62
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Four of us came to dinner with high expectations on our one night layover in Bali. It is a lovely property and we have stayed at the Sandi Phala several times. Our appetizers were very good and we looked forward to our mains. Of the three entrees ordered, one was acceptable and two were inedible (two of us had the same dish). Our lamb and fish were prepared sous vide, but I think they forgot to plug in the water bath because the flesh was raw. When our friend asked that his meat be further cooked it came back overcooked. The restaurant was empty save for us, so maybe the main staff had been sent home. Others have had very good meals here, including friends who tried it three weeks after us, on a busier night. They did give us a free dessert to help compensate for the substandard entrees.

4  Thank Foodie-diver
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had lunch here in our last day, wished we had tried beforehand wonderful service wonderful food will definitely like to stay there too on next visit

1  Thank Jacqui M
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We visited Ma Joly after recommendation by friends. We had a Balinese lunch for two which was good, but not fantastic as expected. It was prepared and presented with lots of care, but the chicken and sate was quite dry. The staff was polite but kept us waiting quite long to get the finished plates from the table, and for the bill. The place has a fantastic view over the beach and ocean, which could have given them 3,5 stars, but that is (unfortunately) not possible on Tripadvisor.