“Romantic sunset dinner on the beach.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ma-Joly
Ranked #6 of 53 Restaurants in Tuban
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: European, Indonesian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Such an enchanted setting with a magnificient backdrop of the Indian Ocan makes Ma Joly a special destination for those seeking an intimate and unique place.
Dublin, Ireland
“Romantic sunset dinner on the beach.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my new husband visited Bali on our honeymoon and on one of our last days we booked a romantic sunset beach dinner at Ma Joly.
Perfect doesn't come close!
Although there was also a wedding taking place on the beach, we still had our own private area and we were made feel just as important. We had a Butler that waited in us hand and foot and constantly greeted our table with a smile. Although there was a small error made with our booking (which we did not mind at all) the manager came to us personally to apologise and presented us with a bottle of Prosecco on the house to go with our meal.
Considering the occasion it was for us and the fact that it was a once in a lifetime experience too....We had a truly amazing evening with really delicious food, great drinks and wonderful staff....and not to forget, a very reasonable price tag!

Thank you for giving us a truly amazing evening Ma Joly.

1 Thank Dublingirl I

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We only had drinks and tapas here before moving elsewhere for lunch. Atmosphere is excellent, beachfront and good place to watch the sun set.
Service was good, and restaurant was very clean with comfy seating.
Prices were high, but we expected that with it being part of the Ramada Bintang Hotel and hence just a snack and a drink.
Wine selection (by the glass) was disappointing for such a exclusive restaurant, and if we wanted our preferred drop we would have to buy the whole bottle.
We may try this place for dinner one day but it would need to be for a special occasion due to high prices.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Perth, Australia
“Perfect wedding at ma joly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband I got married at ma joly in April 2014, and a beautiful day it was.

First and formost I would like to thank fiersa for the fantastic job he did. Nothing was a problem or too much. I really wanted fucshia pink and that is what I received, I swapped the menu to suit not that there was anything wrong with the menu it was just my dislike of dairy.

Prior to the wedding a friend and I made a trip to bali as I had done all the booking and confirmation by email without even seeing before booking. When we arrived I already knew I was not going to be disappointed. We went for a tasting of the menu which was superb, fiersa joined us for a while and was a pleasure.

On the wedding day it started to rain and we had booked a barefoot beach wedding, our wedding was at 5.30 so we had to make a call at 4 to bring it into the garden as fiersa was adament he did not want all our guest drenched. On his call it was all shifted to the garden and the reception under the main restaurant. This was all done in record time and all the staff went above and beyond to assist.

The reception, wedding were beautifully decorated and I couldn't have asked for anything better for a wedding that we received for the price we would have paid triple if not more in Australia and would not have received no where near the warmth and attention that all the staff at ma joly gave us. By the end of the night we were on first name basis with all the bar staff.

My husband and I stayed at sandi phala which is the hotel of ma joly and it was beautiful with our own private pool, massive rooms and gorgeous bathroom. The breakfast the next day was awesome.

Should you want a professional wedding with all the trimmings I highly recommend Ma Joly, it's definitely 5 star quality on service, people and accommodation.

We also had the photographer Dewa which Fiersa organised........OMG the photos are fantastic, it came in a beautiful case and as a hard covered book with 2 CDs. The 5 star photography completed the 5 star wedding.

Thank you fiersa and staff at m joly we will be back each time we visit bali :-) :-)

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Jane M
Exmouth WA
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife & I had a beautifully presented & stunning meal here tonight. Perfect location (romantic setting), very attentive staff, thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Nezzy62
Vancouver Island
“Disapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Four of us came to dinner with high expectations on our one night layover in Bali. It is a lovely property and we have stayed at the Sandi Phala several times. Our appetizers were very good and we looked forward to our mains. Of the three entrees ordered, one was acceptable and two were inedible (two of us had the same dish). Our lamb and fish were prepared sous vide, but I think they forgot to plug in the water bath because the flesh was raw. When our friend asked that his meat be further cooked it came back overcooked. The restaurant was empty save for us, so maybe the main staff had been sent home. Others have had very good meals here, including friends who tried it three weeks after us, on a busier night. They did give us a free dessert to help compensate for the substandard entrees.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Foodie-diver

Been to Ma-Joly? Share your experiences!