We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The best things that can be said are about its location:
- it's near from a bus stop wherefrom a bus takes you to CDG in less than 30 minutes. It goes there once an hour (mornings and evenings - 2-3 times more often);
- KFC and McDonald's are in the vicinity so you won't starve;
- RER D station is also nearby, as well as a nice bakery (opposite the train station) and a grocery with some great exotic crisps.
Receptionists range from incompetent and mildly rude to incompetent and nice.
No wifi ("you can use my ordinateur to check your mail" - said the receptionist). No dining room - so no breakfast service available. Wifi claims are to be found everywhere the hotel advertises, and when you book through booking.com you are offered the breakfast option (10 EUR - though dining room is occupied by laundry).
When we arrived, our room had no TV (claim: all rooms have tv sets), and there was only one towel (double room); "the other is in <waving of hand>" Probably he meant the dryer. So we waited for the towel and moved to another room. Our second room had a ring of fungus and mold on the walls, from the floor up to about 30 cm. That certainly wasn't healthy.
The next morning we asked for the bulb in the bathroom to be replaced (we bathed in darkness the previous night) and complained about a broken toilet seat. As we returned in the evening, the bulb was new, but the broken toilet seat had completely gone and we looked at a bare toilet. One stupid comment from the receptionist and one bad joke from a guest in the queue later we got a new seat and had to mount it ourselves. We should have charged the hotel for this, I think.
On the third evening we returned to see the door of our room ajar. One of the guys had been replacing towels during the day and forgot to close it. Luckily enough nothing was stolen during the day.
Those are people who have no idea about running a hotel. Please don't go there until they change and stop telling lies in the hotel description.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EGG HOTEL GOUSSAINVILLE, the guarantee of the best price in Paris : Warm, modern and comfortable with a cosy bed, a pleasant functional bathroom with shower. The room EGG hotel have everything going for you : double, twin or triple room, bedding with braid, desk, free WiFi internet, TV flat screen and the machine Nespresso. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotel.de so you can book your Egg Hotel Goussainville CDG reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.