“Decent Place for Night before Flight”

Comfort Hotel Goussainville
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Goussainville
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed here on hotel points, the night before our return flight to the states. The location is in the airport vicinity. It was not hard to find with our GPS. One important point. The airport shuttle *must* be reserved in advance. We did not notice this on the website (though it is there). However, the manager did take the time to explain how to take the airport bus, which stop was right across the street, for less than 2 euros per person. That service did work quite well for us and was better than paying 50 euros for a taxi and was probably about as quick. It saved us an extra day's car rental. Train service to the city is within walking distance and not too expensive (the line goes to Gare du Nord), but *print a local map*. We got very lost returning from Paris--we got off at the right station but made a wrong turn. The room was clean and comnfortable. I had no problem with airplane noise, but I also always carry earplugs. The wakeup call was prompt. We did not eat at this restaurant, as we were off fairly early in the morning for our flight and ate at the airport after check-in. One must also remember that the reception is not a 24 hour one as in most US hotels. This location was up to Comfort Inn standards. We had no complaints other than the confusion about the airport shuttle.

Room Tip: Take earplugs! You *are* near a major airport.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kgilbert78

Reviewed 12 November 2011

My husband and 5 year old son stayed here in between a four day stayin disney land paris and our flight home. I booked through last minute.com and it was the cheapest/nearest the airport available for that night. it cost 48 euro per night for a family of 3. Now dont get me wrong, it was a far trek from Disneyland park on the paris rail network and we had to change train in central paris, which on a friday evening is probably not the most ideal situation to be in with a vulnerable child in tow. We arrived at Goussainville station and although I try not to be judgemental it was like stepping out into the Bronx. There were some shady looking characters and the small streets were dark and busy. We couldnt hail a taxi but a lovely lady at the local pattisserie showed us in the right direction so we reluctantly set off on foot. Our son is quite tough and streetwise which is probably just as well as it was quite a daunting journey. We reached our destination in less than 10 minutes and were pleasantly surprised by what we found. The hotel was in a quieter part of town and surrounded by high security fencing, cameras etc... This was reassuring. We checked in and the hotel was clearly immaculate, it smelt clean, it was well decorated and it was very cosy and comfortable. I have high standards when it comes to cleanliness and we soon felt at ease (I cant understand how anyone could call it dirty). We took our cases up to our room and found it was just as clean and comfortable, the sheets were clean and smelt very fresh. There was not a speck of dust or grime to be seen. We went down to the bar to unwind, my husband and i had nightcap and our son had a soft drink. The guy who was working the hotel was french but spoke excellent english an was a genuinely nice bloke. He allowed our son to play games on the internet (cebeebies site) and brought him some complementary snacks. There was also a playstation. We felt relaxed and at ease and were happy to be in such a nice environment. Now dont get me wrong, I would not go trapsing my son through such unsavoury areas again and had i known previously, i wouldnt have booked it but I would be more than happy to spend another night at this hotel. The shuttle bus from behind the hotel cost us 2 euro for the three of us.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Pinkpiglet09
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My friends and I were looking for accommodation in the Paris area with easy access from the airport and into the city. I found this one online and thought it was ok for the price, it said it was near a train which leads into Paris (which it was) and had an airport shuttle (it did not). We took the airport shuttle only to find out it was to the wrong comfort in. We took a cab to the right one and found we were in a small, musty room but given the price we dealt with it. After being there a couple of days with a dank smell and dampness we agreed we'd pay the extra money for something a bit better. The real kicker was when myself, my friend and her boyfriend were walking back to our hotel from the train after dark only to have a car drive up with three guys claiming to the the police (showing us a reflective arm band with police written on it in marker). I don't know what they were saying as I'm not fluent in French but needless to say we went as quickly as we could to the hotel which thankfully had a locked gate. We informed the hotel staff who asked us for a description and said they would inform the police. This happened again when we were catching the train to leave Paris. Luckily they all drove off and left us be but I have no idea what their intentions were. Needless to say I wouldn't stay there again. If you don't intend to be out after dark and don't mind the small, damp rooms then it is a fairly inexpensive place, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank hyacinth_11
Reviewed 27 January 2011

This hotel advertised itself as convenient for the airport and Parc des Expositions (the reason for our short trip). It also said it had a restaurant which meant we could eat in when we arrived on Sunday evening. On arrival we were told the restaurant is closed on Sunday. We had noticed some fast food outlets about a mile away and asked if we could have a taxi, We were told that no taxi would take us such a short distance so we must walk. It was along a very fast and busy, unlit road with giant potholes, no kerb and dead rabbits dotted around. I ended up tripping in a hole and hurt my arm and broke my shoe. If I had fallen into the road, I would have been run over. Our taxi from the airport to the hotel cost 15 euros. But if you ask the hotel to book a taxi ti take you anywhere, they arrange for it to come from the airport and then you are asked to pay for that leg of the trip also. This meant that when we had a taxi to return to the airport, the cost on the meter was 32 euros!! More than twice the cost 2 days earlier. Obviously, the hotel are on soem kind of kick back from the taxi firms. We were told that there were no taxis in Goussainville, (the next village) and so they had to come from the aiport. The taxi which took us to the airport was called Azur taxis and when I looked on Google after, they are in fact based in Goussainville!! So they lied when they said there were no taxis nearby. And the driver lied about where he had been called from. Also, I was left to walk on a dangerous unlit road in order to eat. What if I was old. alone or with a child? The hotel staff were liars and obviously think it is ok to rip off foreign tourists. I would go as far as saying it is almost theft to over charge people in this way. The advertised rate outside the hotel was 59 euros but we were charged more because theer was an exhibition taking place. Don't go there!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We found the staff (with one or two exceptions) generally rude, mean-spirited, abrupt, inflexible, impatient, uncaring and unprofessional. At no time were we made to feel welcome. Our student group was well-behaved, but felt constantly under pressure from management. Some boys were a little high-spirited at times, but nothing out of the ordinary, and certainly nothing to warrant the dictatorial over-reaction of the manager. On our arrival, we were shocked to hear that some of our teenage boys were expected to share double beds! We had not been forewarned of this. This was eventually sorted. I requested breakfast cereal for the group and was turned down. I was prepared to pay the extra cost. One boy asked for fruit, and I had to intervene to procure him an orange. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank famf
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I stayed in the hotel before, the surroundings are not nice, the planes seem to land on CDG through the hotel lobby, the rooms are low budget and look like it. However, the service tries to do its best, WLAN works, the dinner could be worse, so I came again. The second time I even found the way easily.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank chemicus2009
Reviewed 5 September 2010

I was pleasantly surprised from the minute I arrived here. I'd expected a rather unappealing, budget hotel in the outskirts of Paris, so it was a welcome surprise when I was met by friendly, helpful staff who were both willing and able to speak English, and shown to a clean, modern and spacious room. Despite the rather unprepossessing exterior of the hotel, the interior is contemporary and attractive, and guests are provided with extras such as free internet access, magazines and newspapers. Goussainville itself lacks character and seems to consist of a variety of fastfood restaurants and other 'airport' hotels, however if you're looking merely for an overnight stop whilst travelling the Comfort Hotel is an ideal choice.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goussainville
Ibis Budget Goussainville CDG
Ibis Paris CDG Airport
Ibis Paris CDG Airport
#12 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2
Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nor...
#17 of 31 in Roissy-en-France

Been to Comfort Hotel Goussainville? Share your experiences!